What would happen if you encased Deadpool & Lobo in Adamantium?

• 53 results
GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And it fully hardened before any part of their body could get out? So they are 100% encased?

No Caption Provided

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Stay there for eternity unless magneto broke them out no one will break the adamantium

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@tinyford said:

Stay there for eternity unless magneto broke them out no one will break the adamantium

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep unless they call batman to break the adamantine with 1 punch

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh mags could save wolverine too if he was there:(

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They stay there forever, not even Superboy Prime could escape.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They just chill out I guess.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tinyford:

All forms of adamantium to have ever been affected by anything (bent, broken, destroyed, etc) have all been retconned to be seconardy or something other than "true". So I don't think Mags would be able to do anything with true adamantium.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: aah okay, I was aware that Magneto cannot affect pure vibranium but didn't know of any problems with any kind of adamantium

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They stay. Forever.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They become a metal statue for display.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tinyford: I mean, he'd certainly be able to move it and fling it around. I just don't think he'd be able to warp true adamantium.

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: perhaps, the thing is Magneto manipulates the molecules individually IIRC so if that is the case with adamantium he would be able to do it, but if it's an alloy that he can only fling you're right. I know he can manipulate Uru at molecular level and that's an alien material so maybe...

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

All forms of adamantium to have ever been affected by anything (bent, broken, destroyed, etc) have all been retconned to be seconardy or something other than "true". So I don't think Mags would be able to do anything with true adamantium.

@goldking said:

I mean, he'd certainly be able to move it and fling it around. I just don't think he'd be able to warp true adamantium.

@tinyford said:

perhaps, the thing is Magneto manipulates the molecules individually IIRC so if that is the case with adamantium he would be able to do it, but if it's an alloy that he can only fling you're right. I know he can manipulate Uru at molecular level and that's an alien material so maybe...

Sorry for the bump.

Magneto has shown he can affect/warp true Adamantium on the molecular level when he removed it from Wolverine's bones back in 90's in X-Men issue 25.

Avatar image for don_higashikata
Don_Higashikata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How would they survive? How would they breathe?

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

So, is Wolverine dead or just trapped? Wouldn't he eventually suffocate?

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

@risingbean:

But it's been retconned since then.

I'm thinking their healing factor keeps them alive and miserable for all eternity.

Savitar71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'd need someone to cut it down at the atomic level probably. I can think of some DC examples for Lobo (not sure they'd wanna help him though), but not really any for Marvel. Wade might be screwed unless someone truly OP comes down to help him out.

They could also have someone with precise teleportation just teleport them out (ie: Dr Fate, Raven, Abra Kadabra)

They could also use transmutation (ie: Dr Fate, Captain Atom, Firestorm)

I assume adamantium melts at some earthly temperature in order to mold it, so maybe throw them into the sun. I don't think Wade would survive that though, so I geuss only Lobo for this option.

Someone who can reach Absolute Zero temperatures should be able to break anything, so that works (ie: Captain Cold, Killer Frost, Firestorm, etc).

Someone who can phase them out (ie: Kitty Pryde, Martian Manhunter, Dr Fate, Speedsters, Captain Atom, Firestorm, etc).

So, there are some options, but all of them require outside help.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman:

I don't think he suffocates. His healing factor keeps him alive. So as his lungs run out of air, his body makes sure it gets what it needs (via healing factor) to keep itself alive, even though there's no way for oxygen to get to him.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

@goldking: But isn't that the only way to kill Logan? Drowning? Something about his brain needing to function to heal.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: But isn't that the only way to kill Logan? Drowning? Something about his brain needing to function to heal.

I think I heard Brian Singer say that, but that's totally news to me because even if Logan drowns, he'd still recover once he was out of the water. He's had his brain beat to pulp and recovered just fine, so I'm not sure where the whole idea that water was somehow deadly to Logan came in. Maybe they were talking about in the moment and for as long as he was submerged. IDK.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

@the_stegman:

I don't think he suffocates. His healing factor keeps him alive. So as his lungs run out of air, his body makes sure it gets what it needs (via healing factor) to keep itself alive, even though there's no way for oxygen to get to him.

a healing factor doesn't protect you if you can't breathe.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless True Adamantium > Caps Shield (which would go against decades of lore), a Skyfather could get them out without too much probs.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-61e3068763b41
deactivated-61e3068763b41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless True Adamantium > Caps Shield (which would go against decades of lore), a Skyfather could get them out without too much probs.

No Caption Provided

caps shield is vibranium

Heatforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iirc Rob from comicsexplained said Lobo resurrected from his soul and a snail? lol

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Isn't it a vibranium, adamantium alloy? Which some other materials mixed in.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

@risingbean:

What has been retconned? Last I heard Wolverine has a true Adamantium skeleton and claws. And Magneto yanked it out of him.

The way I recall is that once away from the effect, Logan will be fine. I'm forgetting where I saw it however. It was explained as a fate worse then death as he'll drown then revive over and over again.

No Caption Provided

See that green energy? Who is to say it isn't atom breaking magics to assist his flexing? Its ambiguous and flies in the face of every other time the shield (Or primary/true Adamantium) has been broken in the 616. Raw muscle hasn't ever worked without a big dose of ambiguity. (Infinity Gem Thanos, I'm looking at you.)

I assume adamantium melts at some earthly temperature in order to mold it, so maybe throw them into the sun. I don't think Wade would survive that though, so I geuss only Lobo for this option.

Someone who can reach Absolute Zero temperatures should be able to break anything, so that works (ie: Captain Cold, Killer Frost, Firestorm, etc).

Not comic Adamantium. Once the materials are merged you have eight minutes to mold it. Even if kept at a temperature above melting point, once that time is up, you can't work it. So nope, heat and cold won't affect it, because comic logic.

Ultron and Cap both were in the vicinity of Human Torches nova flare during 1984's secret wars. Ultron's Adamantium shell was fine. His internal circuits were not. Cap was further away and ok.

caps shield is vibranium

@marc_55 said:

Isn't it a vibranium, adamantium alloy? Which some other materials mixed in.

Cap's shield is made of "proto Adamantium" which includes Vibranium and whatever steel alloy was used. It's stronger then Wolverine's stuff (or so it has been said, even if it's been broken more often) and was what the scientist were trying to replicate when he discovered Adamantium.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

both are stuck and can't move

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Wolverine would "die" from drowning, but the moment he was brought out of the water, his lungs would heal and he'd revive. But drowning him wouldn't be permanent. Unless you kept him underwater for years. But even then, I still think after he's brought up, he'll revive.

It's been retconned that any adamantium to have ever been affected (dented, bent, broken, warped, etc) was revealed to be either secondary adamantium, or something else that caused it to be less than perfect (therefore destroyed). I like that they've done that because "adamantium" being less than indestructible goes against its very name.

@goldking said:

@risingbean:

What has been retconned? Last I heard Wolverine has a true Adamantium skeleton and claws. And Magneto yanked it out of him.

@the_stegman said:

The way I recall is that once away from the effect, Logan will be fine. I'm forgetting where I saw it however. It was explained as a fate worse then death as he'll drown then revive over and over again.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lobo breaks out by sneezing.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

It's been retconned that any adamantium to have ever been affected (dented, bent, broken, warped, etc) was revealed to be either secondary adamantium, or something else that caused it to be less than perfect (therefore destroyed). I like that they've done that because "adamantium" being less than indestructible goes against its very name.

Wolverine's skeleton and Cap's shield are two exceptions as both are primary Adamantium and proto Adamantium respectively. I'm tracking how anything said to be Adamantium that has been destroyed by physical force has been noted to be secondary, but those are two exceptions. With that noted both were destroyed/altered via atomic manipulation or at least a strong case for it can be discerned.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@risingbean said:
@goldking said:

Wolverine's skeleton and Cap's shield are two exceptions as both are primary Adamantium and proto Adamantium respectively. I'm tracking how anything said to be Adamantium that has been destroyed by physical force has been noted to be secondary, but those are two exceptions. With that noted both were destroyed/altered via atomic manipulation or at least a strong case for it can be discerned.

Wasn't there a time when OF Thor dented Cap's shield with a hit from Mjollnir? I think that wasn't 616, but don't really know, just saw those scans a couple times.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By GoldKing

@risingbean:

The retcon never listed exceptions. Only that anything to have previously been affected was not legit true adamantium.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking said:

@risingbean:

The retcon never listed exceptions. Only that anything to have previously been affected was not legit true adamantium.

Regardless of whatever you read, I can tell you with certainty that both Cap and Wolverine have proto/primary Adamantium and both have had their gear broken down. You can argue that but anybody with knowledge of either hero will refute you.

Cap lost his shield in Secret Wars 84', to the Serpent, to a atomic structure issue after Heroes Reborn, to the Molecule Man, To an Infinity Gauntlet wielding Thanos and likely another time or so slipping my mind.

Magneto tore out Logan's skeleton.

The thing that maybe we're not connecting on is that primary Adamantium hasn't with certainty been destroyed physically. It's been via reality warping hax or atomic rearrangement.

Wasn't there a time when OF Thor dented Cap's shield with a hit from Mjollnir? I think that wasn't 616, but don't really know, just saw those scans a couple times.

There are two instances I'm thinking of. Traditional Thor hit a block of it and swore he could notice a small indentation in the metal that nobody else could. I'm chalking it up to braggadocio.

There was another story that I'm not too knowledgeable on so forgive me. If my memory is correct an Odin Force wielding Thor destroyed both Cap's shield and Logan's skeleton using said Odin Force (Or maybe he was calling it Thor Force. Either way, same thing.) As a Skyfather Odin can do reality warping haxy stuff, so it still doesn't fall under the breaking it physically.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By RukelnikovFTW

@risingbean: This is what I was reffering to, I have no idea of context though. See how the shield is clearly dented in the second scan.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool dies since he is not immortal anymore. Lobo stays there alive and misreble.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Ok that one I forgot about. I've seen scans but that is a gap in my collection. If my second hand recollection is correct, Thor had Odin Force there too. I believe it was an alternate timeline that got erased by the end of the story. However I can't be sure enough to pass that off as fact.

I'm going to call in @thor_parker82, one of our experts and see if he knows the context.

Thor, scans are in post 37 if you're interested.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rukelnikovftw: Ok that one I forgot about. I've seen scans but that is a gap in my collection. If my second hand recollection is correct, Thor had Odin Force there too. I believe it was an alternate timeline that got erased by the end of the story. However I can't be sure enough to pass that off as fact.

I'm going to call in @thor_parker82, one of our experts and see if he knows the context.

Thor, scans are in post 37 if you're interested.

Thanks for the callout and the nice words bro, I appreciate it.

As for the scans, that is indeed an Odin Force Thor, you are correct in that part, but the alternate timeline is somewhat wrong, you have the right idea but not the right point in time, those scans are still canon to this day, the alternate timeline started when the U.S government (with the help of Doctor Doom) blew up Asgard, which was a couple of issues after the scans above happened.

I hope that helps.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Indeed. Because I'm generally a stickler for the whole Adamantium living up to it's legend of invulnerability and I prefer Thor's hax to Marvel just being inconsistent. Thanks for the help.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GoldKing

@risingbean:

While I'm totally fine with Molecule Man or the Infinity Gauntlet being able to hurt Adamantium, I don't think Mags should be able to manipulate it. I feel it should be strong enough to resist him destroying it even when he's bloodlusted and at peak power.

That's why I keep looking back to the retcon. Because according to that, the metal that was ripped out of Wolverine was either (actually) secondary, or during its process of becoming "Adamantium Beta" it created a flaw that Mags could exploit. Either way, the retcon says it (and a lot of other stuff) wasn't legit so that's what I go off of.

(But I'm sure even post-retcon, the Infinity Gauntlet or other super high end reality warpers can still affect it, such as King Thor w/ Odinforce)

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: I hated it at the time too. It's one of a handful of reasons I quit reading comics in the 90's. I'm still not a big fan decades later (Why didn't Erik just do that a the first time?) And don't get me started on how the Fox movieverse treats it.

As far as Wolverine's body making it exploitable, that is nice and logical headcanon (and something that if it became official, I'll jump on with a speed. I give the metal the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.) But the facts as they've been shown without any bias or theorycrafting are that Wolverine was given an injection of primary Adamantium and that Magneto was later able to effect it on a molecular scale.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By TheWatcherKing

why is everyone talking about who could get them out of the metal when the op is really asking if they would die,escape or not?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blackdog2009

They DIE!!! Healing factors do not heal lack of oxygen, food, and catatonic states. you all trying hard to say that Wolverine is still alive inside that?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@thor_parker82: Indeed. Because I'm generally a stickler for the whole Adamantium living up to it's legend of invulnerability and I prefer Thor's hax to Marvel just being inconsistent. Thanks for the help.

I am also one to argue until end times that Adamantium can´t be destroyed by physical force, so no arguing there.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is everyone talking about who could get them out of the metal when the op is really asking if they would die,escape or not?

Yeah, short of Adamantium not acting like Adamantium, they are boned. Neither die imho, but are stuck.

They DIE!!! Healing factors do not heal lack of oxygen, food, and catatonic states. you all trying hard to say that Wolverine is still alive inside that?

Heh. Wolverine would revive once optimal conditions are met, if one believes his comments on drowning. Which are that he keeps reviving and drowning over and over again. Deadpool has a healing factor that lets him survive crazy stuff and Lobo runs on toonforce. He'd live.

@risingbean said:

I am also one to argue until end times that Adamantium can´t be destroyed by physical force, so no arguing there.

Yeah, It'd be nice if editorial got on that at the time stories are written to avoid the confusion when it's retconned to secondary Adamantium. But, hey it's Marvel. It's not like the bar is set high these days.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risingbean:

you do know wolverine is dead because of being encased in adamantuim right?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@watcher5000: And because status quo is god and the SJW train hasn't been giving Marvel all of the monies, sooner or later somebody will pull out Ultron's matter rearranger or some other plot device and Wolverine will be freed, whereupon he'll resuscitate and go back to being the best there is at what he does, while Old Man Logan will wander off into semi obscurity like the other sidekicks do.

Logan is probably the last Marvel hero to be created to actually resonate and become A-list. Trust me when I say he that he'll be back.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Trapped for eternity