What would be the top 10 most powerful dark siders?

AnakinVader99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am looking for what people believe to be the top 10 sith since the one I saw was a little dated

Rules:

No circumstantial amps like Malak's star forge or Orbalisk for Bane

Who can consistently beat one another?

TCW and Canon are not allowed only Legends

Dark Jedi are allowed

The Son is not allowed

In their prime

Who is viable in both dueling and the Force force?

Personally I feel like Vader, Palpatine and Dooku should be around the top 10 with Vader and Palpatine around the top 5 while Dooku is around top 10 but I want to see everyone's opinions.

My arguments for the 3 are because Vader in knightfall and ROTJ are stated to be comparable to Palpatine on a couple of occasions and have feats to suggest they can put up a fight against Sidious plus they scale above other Sith. Palpatine is declared the most powerful sith or dark sider in history a crazy amount of times. Dooku by scaling to Yoda, Mace, and Palpatine plus declared to be the most gifted apprentice in the Jedi temple.

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious, Taalon, Darish Vol, Caedus, Krayt, Vader, Valkorion, Dooku, Tenebrous and Plagueis.

They are not in order.

FloLikeYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Void_Reborn

1. DE Palpatine

2. Darth Nihilus

3. Valkorion

4. Reborn Krayt

5. Marka Ragnos

6. Darth Plagueis

7. Darth Vader

8. Darth Tyranus

9. Darth Tenebrous

10. Darth Bane

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is just personal power, no talismans.

1. Sidious

2. Valkorian

3. Krayat

4. Vader

5. Tyrannus

6. Revan

7. Malgus

8. Maul

9-10. Can't decide between some ancient sith. Some contenders are exar kun, marka ragnos, Naga Sadow, tulak horde. I can't decide because we only see them with the use of artifacts.

TheOverDaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. DE Palpatine

2. Darth Nihilus

3. Valkorion

4. Reborn Krayt

5. Marka Ragnos

6. Darth Plagueis

7. Darth Vader

8. Darth Tyranus

9. Darth Tenebrous

10. Darth Bane

This.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Sidious

2. Valkorion

3. Darth Plagueis

4. Darth Krayt

5. Darth Caedus

6. Darth Tenebrous

7. Darth Nihilus

8. Darth Vader

9. Darth Tyrannus

10. Darth Maul

All of the differences in power levels are very small, except between numbers 1 and 2.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. DE Palpatine

2. Darth Nihilus

3. Valkorion

4. Reborn Krayt

5. Marka Ragnos

6. Darth Plagueis

7. Darth Vader

8. Darth Tyranus

9. Darth Tenebrous

10. Darth Bane

Interesting list. I agree with most of this except for Tenebrous being so close to Bane. Due to banite scaling, Tenebrous should be greater than Bane by a considerable extent. I'm also unsure of Ragnos. We know that he is one of the most powerful ancient Sith, and the likes of Naga Sadow and a young Vitiate presumably were too scared to challenge him, but he has no actual combat feats, just rather vague accolades of his immense power.

WillValentine2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My list, didn't include revan but i think this pretty solidly the top 10 in legends, tho they be out of order somewhat

1. DE Palpatine

2. Valkorion

3. Reborn Krayt

4. Darth Caedus

5. Darth Plagueis

6. Marka Ragnos

7. Darth Vader

8. Darth Nihilus

9. Darth Tyranus

10. Darth Tenebrous

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12789: Tenebrous is considerably above Bane, it's just that I hold the others above him. However, someone could potentially take the 10th spot because of this. I'm not sure yet. Perhaps Caedus.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Emperor Palpatine(ROTJ/DE)
  2. Emperor Vitiate
  3. Marka Ragnos
  4. Count Dooku
  5. Darth Plagueis
  6. Darth Tenebrous
  7. Darth Bane
  8. Exar Kun
  9. Freedon Nadd
  10. Darth Nihilus/Darth Krayt

All close gaps, minus the disparity between 1 and 2, which is solid.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12789: Tenebrous is considerably above Bane, it's just that I hold the others above him. However, someone could potentially take the 10th spot because of this. I'm not sure yet. Perhaps Caedus.

What about Ragnos? How do you think he would stack up against say, Tulak Horde, Exar Kun or Muur?

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12789 said:

What about Ragnos? How do you think he would stack up against say, Tulak Horde, Exar Kun or Muur?

Ragnos is repeatedly stated as one of the most powerful ancient sith of his era, which speaks volumes of his power. He remained uncontested all the way until Vitiate was growing in power, performing rituals for immortality and to possibly increase what he had amassed.

Tulak Hord is mostly just lightsaber hype. He was described as an absolute warlord and an unbeatable foe when it came to lightsaber combat. He doesn't really have a place in the most powerful dark siders list though, imo.

Exar Kun relies on his amulet and other trinkets for a lot of his power so I didn't think he would be appropriate here. I also hold Dooku and Vader above him so there wouldn't be space regardless.

Not too familiar with Muur.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

Yes Ragnos is one of the most powerful sith of his era, and thus lies comfortably above the likes of Sadow and Ludo Kressh, but the problem with him is that he has no feats that we can reference, and his skill in saber combat is largely unknown.

Tulak Horde is one of the most formidable lightsaber duelists ever but he also has considerably impressive force powers, especially TK. For example, Hord was able to pull a Hammerhead-class cruiser that weighed thousands of tons and was over 300 metres in length directly out of the sky, His talisman was also nearly able to mentally dominate opponents on the power level of Darth Nox, or HoT, and it has been implied that he is extremely masterful in the art of Sith Sorcery

"In his time as Dark Lord of the Sith, Tulak Hord was known as a master of the mystical dark arts of the Force, using his powers to plumb the depths of life and death."

―The Ritual of Tulak Hord Codex Entry (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

So yes, Hord's most powerful aspect was his duelling, but I find his force powers to be heavily underrated.

As for Kun, I agree, though Darth Vader has mused that he and Kun together could take down a slightly pre-prime Palpatine. Apparently, Muur was on the power level of Kun.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@red12789 said:

@void_reborn:

Yes Ragnos is one of the most powerful sith of his era, and thus lies comfortably above the likes of Sadow and Ludo Kressh, but the problem with him is that he has no feats that we can reference, and his skill in saber combat is largely unknown.

Tulak Horde is one of the most formidable lightsaber duelists ever but he also has considerably impressive force powers, especially TK. For example, Hord was able to pull a Hammerhead-class cruiser that weighed thousands of tons and was over 300 metres in length directly out of the sky, His talisman was also nearly able to mentally dominate opponents on the power level of Darth Nox, or HoT, and it has been implied that he is extremely masterful in the art of Sith Sorcery

"In his time as Dark Lord of the Sith, Tulak Hord was known as a master of the mystical dark arts of the Force, using his powers to plumb the depths of life and death."

―The Ritual of Tulak Hord Codex Entry (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

So yes, Hord's most powerful aspect was his duelling, but I find his force powers to be heavily underrated.

As for Kun, I agree, though Darth Vader has mused that he and Kun together could take down a slightly pre-prime Palpatine. Apparently, Muur was on the power level of Kun.

True, Tulak Hord does have some statements and accomplishments (especially from his Dashade Khem Val) that paint him as an overall powerful force user as well. Imo it's nothing the top 10 or top 12 couldn't pull off though. He is mainly known for his incredible skill with a lightsaber.

Red12789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn:

I agree, but the point is that Hord's force feats are still exceptionally impressive, and often overlooked due to his lightsaber skill and hype

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at Bane. He is locked miles and miles below Tenebrous via Banite scaling, and his best feat is making collapse a 20 mt high temple destroying a load-bearing wall with a force push, IIRC. Not that impressive.

RhoyneDelta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By RhoyneDelta

Rough Order:

1. Palpatine (no comment)

2. Caedus (could potentially be argued for top)

3. Valkorion (if only he was a better duelist)

4. Plagueis (below Palpatine, but still imo solidly above all his apprentices)

5. Tenebrous

6. Sorzus Syn (if she did actually manage to make a talisman twice as strong as Muurs)

7. Bane (my stance on how the RoT works would take too long, but his feats and scaling are enormous)

8. Zannah

9. Darth Krayt (honestly kinda awkward and inconsistent, with his scaling from Apocalypse and argueably upscaling from Obi putting him way higher than his scaling in regards to Muur (who was not even top dog of his time and those of his times have been stated numerous times to have been surpassed by others like Exar, Valk or Malak) Cade and Wyyrlock. So since there are more lines of scaling putting him lower and in series that actually revolve around him, written by his creators I am not gonna put him into the top 5)

10. Exar probably, maybe Vader, could also be some obscure RoT sith

AnakinVader99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Emperor Palpatine(ROTJ/DE)
  2. Emperor Vitiate
  3. Marka Ragnos
  4. Count Dooku
  5. Darth Plagueis
  6. Darth Tenebrous
  7. Darth Bane
  8. Exar Kun
  9. Freedon Nadd
  10. Darth Nihilus/Darth Krayt

All close gaps, minus the disparity between 1 and 2, which is solid.

Why is Vader not there?

AnakinVader99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. DE Palpatine

2. Darth Nihilus

3. Valkorion

4. Reborn Krayt

5. Marka Ragnos