What will be the better movie? Justice League or Black Panther?

• 141 results
FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll What will be the better movie? Justice League or Black Panther? (120 votes)

Justice League 33%
Black Panther 68%
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What do you think will be the better movie?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Story, acting, and probably box office wise, Black Panther. Action wise, JL based on the trailer.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dernman
  • 3 out of the 4 movies say Justice League will be crap.
  • Nothing in the Justice League trailer really changes that.
  • Black Panther was nicely set up in civil war.
  • Though many Marvel movies are lackluster they've proven more than once that they can do a good movie.
MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Panther. Ryan Coogler is a VERY good director I think, and the films cast is one of the sickest ensemble's of actors/actresses I've seen in a while, so all signs point to Panther being the overall better film. I just hope Disney/MARVEL Studios loosens the leash a bit and allows this awesome talent to stretch their legs a bit and give us something special, instead of the typical MCU dry toast formula.

JUSTICE LEAGUE, I no idea what to expect, it's a wildcard. Somekind of mash-up between a Zach Snyder/Josh Whedon film? It'll be interesting to see how it'll turn out exactly lol. Could be the greatest combo ever for a cbm or ...a dumpster fire.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like Black Panther will be generic af but audiences will eat it up. Justice League will be something new, something different but will probably have some "fatal" flaws that people will exaggerate.

Slayz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me crazy but I actually believe Black Panther is going to drop the silly Marvel Universe humor trend. at least I hope so.

I think Black Panther will be an amazing film.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I will say I'm hoping Justice League will be the better film, since it has more riding on it. Whatever happens with Black Panther, Marvel will be fine.

AkshSarpanch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther would be another generic non-serious and dumb jokes Marvel movies.

Justice League all the way.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League. I think this could be as good, or possibly even better than, The Avengers. Black Panther looks really good too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Panther. Marvel is just a safer bet at this point.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice league will exceed expectations in my opinion but Black Panther will be a better movie.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League. Black Panther will be another Marvel movie, but will be hyped up mostly because it's a black hero with a dominantly black cast. It will play it safe and we'll pretty much get what we've gotten from other Marvel movies.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dernman

@ready_4_madness said:

@dernman: 2 out of 4* MOS was movie that you'd either love or hate so we can't count that as a miss.

I can and do.

I don't agree that it's either you love or hate it. There was a few things I liked about it. Like the action for example but the movie was a deeply flawed film. I defended it for awhile because I was grateful for not getting another Superman returns or a wallowing in nostalgia for Reeves SM but eventually I had to admit the flaws.

Further more it was barely a Superman film. It tells me the ones who made it do not understand Superman and BvS just proved it all the more.

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Story, acting, and probably box office wise, Black Panther. Action wise, JL based on the trailer.

Think JL will make more.

Blackstar_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50 on this need to see more from both. JL new trailer is around the corner hopefully.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

Given Marvel's track record, Black Panther has a greater chance of being not bad, whereas if done right Justice League has the potential to be better, whereas Black Panther looks like a run of the mill entertaining if forgettable superhero movie. So I voted Justice League.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By jumpstart55
  • After Watching Homecoming followup Wonder Women..I,m officially convinced that the MCU is just way way better then the DCEU when it comes to making Comic Book Movies....Wonder Women was damn good but Homecoming was just on a different level of cinematic excellence...And then you factor in the train wrecks that were BVS and Suicide Squad and its pretty clear that the Mouse is still king at the moment.
  • So because of that, i honestly dont see Jusitce League being better then Black Panther...Justice League will probably be a 6.9-7.5 type of film at best...But .I,m expecting BP to be atleast a solid 8...Plus the homie Ryan Coogler is directing?...Yep Black Panther is going be the shit. But then again who knows maybe Joss Whedon can work some magic and give us an 8/10 quality film in Justice League (Fingers crossed)
Chris-Sama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black panther is obviously more probable to be better. I do hope justice league is good tho

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly split.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice league as I will probably go see that and wait for panther to be out on dvd or a streaming site

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By theCrazyBean

Justice league has the potential to be way better, but also to be way worse. So I'll vote for Black Phanter, the safe bet

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cougler has Creed under his belt which is better than anything Snyder did. Warner reshooting scenes and adding in Whedon wont save a movie that will at best get mixed critical reception. Black Panther is going to take a dump on this and any future DCEU films that aren't Wonder Woman or directed by Snyder or his screenwriters.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kevd4wg  Online

The guy who made creed and the best part of Civil War vs the guy who makes pretty good movies like MOS when not hurt by the studio that will cut the movie and make a crapfest like BvS theatrical. Gee I wonder which one will be better.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they will be equals,but let's see...

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

@jumpstart55:

After Watching Homecoming followup Wonder Women..I,m officially convinced that the MCU is just way way better then the DCEU when it comes to making Comic Book Movies

I think it's a tad premature to judge. IMO, Marvel didn't start making powerhouse CBMs until 2012. Most of their great movies: Avengers, GoTG2, The Winter Soldier, Homecoming (and I'd even add Iron Man 3, but that's a more controversial one)... came later on once they honed their craft.

However, I already think WW is better than most MCU films in some regards. Even though supporting characters/villain were better in Homecoming, WW had more emotional depth superior handle on tone. For instance, you've got scenes like Vulture's "I thought that was the gravity gun" which unnecessarily sacrifice gravitas for humour. There aren't any moments like that in WW. And the climactic moments (think No Man's Land scene) felt big, whereas HC had no such moments where the music swelled up, leaving the audience in awe. Take the boat sequence for example. It's supposed to be a big moment, but it's filmed in the same way as any other action scene. I loved Homecoming maybe even more than WW and it's in my top 3 MCU, but I think WW beats it in terms of mature storytelling and feeling less factory.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like Black Panther will be generic af but audiences will eat it up. Justice League will be something new, something different but will probably have some "fatal" flaws that people will exaggerate.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have faith in the JL movie. Switching directors , rushing it out before Flash or Aquaman have their movies. I dunno....I think it's gonna blow. Based on that, I guess I have to say BP, even though I don't care about it and probably won't see it. (Oh who am I kidding? I know I'm not going to see it.) But a movie you don't see is better than film you do see and regret. :)

I do think Aquaman and The Batman will be better than both.

Which is too bad for the DCEU if I'm right, because it was far more important to get JL right than to get WW right.

@theamazingspidey While I always like your comments, I'm surprised that Homecoming's use of dialogue to explain things the viewer just saw ("I"m being traced" "They're planning a Heist." and a few others) didn't bother you more. Believe it or not, after the film I recall thinking "AmazingSpidey's gonna slam them for that!" That's right, how you might view a film entered my head for a bit after I saw it!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@buttersdaman000: How will Justice league be something new ?

Every other film in the DCEU besides Wonder Woman was something "new". Not all of it worked, but to say the movies are par for the course like the MCU is just disingenuous.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Given Marvel's track record, Black Panther has a greater chance of being not bad, whereas if done right Justice League has the potential to be better, whereas Black Panther looks like a run of the mill entertaining if forgettable superhero movie. So I voted Justice League.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

League. Marvel has been let downs for a while for me.

Superhero24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mcu tends to do fantastic jobs with their street level characters. Bp looks to be better, but i know i will like jl better. They will have to really mess up to not do good. I will like jl more most likely but bp will be the better movie.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the villains can swing this in justice leagues favor if they can actually get it right. I have very little faith panther will have an enticing opposition but I will probably still enjoy it.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'm not a fan of Civil War, and really didn't like the BP in the film at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman in civil war lead up to a great movie

Black panther in civil war will lead up to ???

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

The guy who made creed and the best part of Civil War vs the guy who makes pretty good movies like MOS when not hurt by the studio that will cut the movie and make a crapfest like BvS theatrical. Gee I wonder which one will be better.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

The DCEU is not going to be successful by any means unfortunately.

Wonder Woman and Man of Steel were just beautiful films, but the others were just god awful. so it's 50/50

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#41  Edited By jumpstart55

@theamazingspidey said:

@jumpstart55:

After Watching Homecoming followup Wonder Women..I,m officially convinced that the MCU is just way way better then the DCEU when it comes to making Comic Book Movies

I think it's a tad premature to judge. IMO, Marvel didn't start making powerhouse CBMs until 2012. Most of their great movies: Avengers, GoTG2, The Winter Soldier, Homecoming (and I'd even add Iron Man 3, but that's a more controversial one)... came later on once they honed their craft.

However, I already think WW is better than most MCU films in some regards. Even though supporting characters/villain were better in Homecoming, WW had more emotional depth superior handle on tone. For instance, you've got scenes like Vulture's "I thought that was the gravity gun" which unnecessarily sacrifice gravitas for humour. There aren't any moments like that in WW. And the climactic moments (think No Man's Land scene) felt big, whereas HC had no such moments where the music swelled up, leaving the audience in awe. Take the boat sequence for example. It's supposed to be a big moment, but it's filmed in the same way as any other action scene. I loved Homecoming maybe even more than WW and it's in my top 3 MCU, but I think WW beats it in terms of mature storytelling and feeling less factory.

• Nah..Its not premature to judge, Marvel first four films...Iron-man,The Incredible Hulk,Thor and Iron-man 2...Are better then the DCEUS fisrt four films imo....At their best the DCEU films are pretty equal to the MCU films.....Iron-man,Thor are arguably equal to Man of Steel and Wonder Women imo...But at their worst...The Incredible Hulk and iron Man 2 are much more coherent and overall infinitely more enjoyable films compared to BVS and Suicide Squad....By far. And your only as strong as your weakest link which is why Marvel is better to me personally.
  • Your absolutely right, Wonder Women had many great cinematic moments that by far exceed most MCU films..That No Mans Land Scene and the destruction of the Clock tower scene gave me chills. ... And overall Wonder Women was a really good film, a solid 8.5/10 maybe 9...Until the ending came up, the way it wrapped up with her defeating Ares was so generic and just truly awful...All that souless CGI splashed on screen in that battle with Ares made me cringe....And Ares was also really terrible, And The other two villains were godawful and atrociously generic...So after all that i had to give it an 7.8/10..
  • Whereas Spider-man: Homecoming had virtually no flaws imo...The chemistry between the main cast members was all on point and Michael Keaton did a marvelous job at the Vulture(You could sympathize with him on an emotional and economic level)...Thats why i rank it higher then Wonder Women at 8.5/10....Maybe if Wonder Women gave us a descent villain and concluded in a more grownup less generic manner i most likely would have ranked it above Spider-man: Homecoming..But it failed epicly in the final act....The most important part of a film to me, has always been the ending...Because it takes everything the film built for the last two hours and is supposed to concisely answer the films main premise in a preferable satisfying culmination....Wonder Women did the opposite and answered the films main premise in a very lazy un-creatively dull way...Spider-man: Homecoming on the other hand gave us a concise and very satisfying final battle ending...It wasnt all time great or anything but it was done in way the for me didnt feel cheap or cheated...It simply worked...Thats why i like Civil War and Doctor Strange so much... I,m tired of CBM endings where the Superhero goes ape shit in a cascade of CGI explosions..
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: I dont necessarily know if Sm is better than WW> They appear to be roughly the same in quality. Financially... SMHC just dropped 60% financially , which is huge.

TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: That seems to be quite a stretch. If it has two really good movies and 2 bad, there is a definate chance the DCEU will go on. Financially it is doing extremely well.

Aquaman will likely be a hit but JL is either a hit or miss so we'll see. If JL is a miss, they will probably stick to solo movies more often but if its a hit, then the future is looking very bright

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat: That seems to be quite a stretch. If it has two really good movies and 2 bad, there is a definate chance the DCEU will go on. Financially it is doing extremely well.

Aquaman will likely be a hit but JL is either a hit or miss so we'll see. If JL is a miss, they will probably stick to solo movies more often but if its a hit, then the future is looking very bright

yeah, by looking at past history Aquaman will undoubtably be a beautiful success because DCEU movies have a great past with origin movies. But by looking at the same trends JL will be a shit show, because as much as I love DC; Suicide Squad and BvS were just so rushed and awful. Superman shouldnt have died in BvS and the characters in SS shouldnt have been incarcerated until the audience had some actual backstory behind it. tbh the entire DCEU is being rushed and I dont like it. That being said, I'll still shamelessly watch all their movies in theatres and try to enjoy whatever they throw my way lol.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By dernman

@ready_4_madness said:

@dernman: so you're arguing against the fact that MOS is a divisive film?

No What I'm saying it's not "either you love it or hate it" and even if it was that's not excusable reason to dismiss valid criticism of it's flaws.

The count still remains 3 out of 4.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My ratings for how well I like the casting choices.

JL

1. Diana 8/10

2. Clark 6.7/10

3. Arthur 7.4/10

4. Barry 6.4/10

5. Cyborg ???

BP

1. T'Challa 5.6/10

SMHC

1. Peter Parker 8/10

2. Vulture 8.5/10

3. Flash 3.5/10

4. MJ 4.5/10

5. Aunt May 5.6/10

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I am probably going to be liking JL more than Black Panther, but I suspect BP is going to be treated like a second coming.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By dernman

@ready_4_madness said:

@dernman: respectfully disagree I don't see MOS as a miss because if anything it was received mostly positive to the audience.

86% people liked it Google users

7.1 IMDb

A top 50 selling home movie of all time

75% audience score on RT

Even the 55% critic score that's more positive than negative.

MOS was not a miss.

Critics are just more opinions no better than a random person and garbage have been given good reviews plenty of times not to mention vica versa.

THings like that should never be used as an indicator of what's good or bad.

MoS is a miss.

It remains at 3 out of 4.