What post-apocalyptic world would you prefer to live in?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

Let's say you had to live in one of the many post-apocalyptic worlds in comics (or movies or books).

Which one would you choose? Why? How long would you survive? How?

You are a normal human, no weapons or special fighting skills, no other equipment. You have to scrounge to survive like anyone else in that world.

Here's a few post-apocalyptic worlds you can choose from, or choose one of your own (there are obviously many, many others):

Age of Apocalypse, Age of Ultron, Terminator, Grendel (Grendel Khan era), Walking Dead (or other zombie-infested world, there are many), Planet of the Apes, The Time Machine (Morlock era), Logan's Run, Mad Max, the Matrix (in its real world, such as Zion), The Road, Hunger Games, The Postman, Water World, The Stand, Judge Dredd, Wall-E (pre-movie).

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By End_Boss

I would probably say The Walking Dead, because slow zombies aren't actually that hard to difficult.

I would only ever choose The Road if I had a gun and one bullet.

So I guess I wouldn't choose The Road.

Avatar image for doctor_bong_crosby
doctor_bong_crosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kamandi's.

I would try to become friends with Prince Tuftan. Tigers rock! (Especially talking, humanoid ones).

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackReaper

@End_Boss said:

I would probably say The Walking Dead, because slow zombies aren't actually that hard to difficult.

I would only ever choose The Road if I had a gun and one bullet.

So I guess I wouldn't choose The Road.

Until you realize it would smell like rotting carcass everywhere you go.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Havenless

I'd live in a world of my own fiction, where a rare disease has killed off every man, every woman over 150 lbs, and women over 35 years of age. I'm immune to it apparently, and it's up to me to repopulate the entire human race.

Big_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Big_Nasty

Age of Ultron where I had the powers of Dr. Manhattan .

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss

@BlackReaper: There are bad parts to every universe. And actually, rotting flesh only smells until it dries out.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RisingBean

Fallout's world. Getting weapons would not be too hard, and I have military training so I should have a leg up. I'd Probably hit Vegas and have a few laughs with the King then become a merc or something.

I just know I'd stay away from Deathclaws.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Veshark

Honestly, most post-apocalyptic worlds are kind of depressing and dangerous (which I guess is the point). I'm not exactly the most battle-hardened, tough-survival individual, and the only bits of survival I know are limited to reruns of Man vs Wild.

I guess I would go with Wall-E, mostly because it's the least life-threatening of the lot. Sure you're all alone, surrounded by crap and sandstorms, but I'll take that over mutants/zombies/animals/computers/Sentinels ruling over the world any day.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

The Matrix, Book of Eli or Judge Dredd

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dabee

Either the Walking Dead, but I probably wouldn't last that long, or Logan's Run, if I could make it to Sanctuary...

FalconPuuunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FalconPuuunch

Mad Max but without Mel Gibson.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator

Ooo please, everything is alive, deep, weird, crazy, magic is a thing but so is science, and they have tasty candy people around - so humans like us get to be the zombies - plus peeps like Billy, Marceline, Lemongrab, and Breakfast Princess exist.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would probably go with the Matrix. If things get bad enough, I could always make a deal and get plugged back in as someone famous and or powerful. Maybe an actor.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

Walking dead with and

Inphase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Inphase

Planet of the Apes, I would prep, and get the primitive human tribes to join me and teach them to fight. We would use guerrilla (hehe) warfare against the apes to scrounge up as many weapons as possible. I would then launch a full assault on their capital, and eliminate them, or drive them from the land, I would set up a monarchy government, and make myself king.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By skooks

Can I choose Fallout? I choose Fallout.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mega_spidey01

the matrix or age of ultron.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KnightRise

@Havenless said:

I'd live in a world of my own fiction, where a rare disease has killed off every man, every woman over 150 lbs, and women over 35 years of age. I'm immune to it apparently, and it's up to me to repopulate the entire human race.

Bottleneck syndrome, ever heard of it?

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deadite

1) Zombie apocalypse (The Walking Dead): This is the perfect choice for anyone that loves guns. The Walking Dead even provided interesting mechanics for what you can do with zombies:

• You can hide behind the body of a zombie that fell on you, other zombies will ignore you.
  • You can smear zombie blood on your cloth, skin, this way you can walk among zombies.
  • You can turn a zombie into a pet that you take everywhere with you with a leash, this zombie can distract other zombies' and free you from being targeted.

The only issue I have with The Walking Dead is you can get infected by a scratch.

2) Biblical apocalypse: This one will confirm there's an afterlife, a heaven, a hell. Angels and demons are high tier interesting choices to fight in an apocalypse, and this involves a lot of holy water, demon trap, magical weapons. It's an ideal choice because it creates a Heaven and a Hell.

3) The Dark Tower

4) Miniature Human apocalypse. I want to say the exact one from The Incredible Shrinking Man, but he never stopped shrinking, and that's not ideal.

5) The Matrix: This is the safest one I can think of, even if I ended up being another slave in the Matrix, I'll just be trapped inside a boring world.

Here're ones I'm having doubts of because it's too dangerous:

1. Terminator: If there's a good chance I know how to fix parts or transform human to robot, or be talented in cyborg psychology. Or I can become a Terminator.
  2. Vampire: Only if there's a good chance I can become a vampire.
  3. Parasyte: Too dangerous, the odds are against me to be able to do what the main character did, and become part Parasite, part human. Basically unless I AM a parasite in the scenario, I'll have to pass.
  4. Attack On Titan: Haven't read the Manga yet.
SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21  Edited By SavageDragon

Anything but the Road. That was as bleak as it gets.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By owie  Moderator

Great choices everyone. I agree that even though the Road seems less scary (no robots or whatever), that's the last one I would want.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Xorion

Fallout, of course. I could last for years or just a day you never know but I've got my share of knowledge on hunting, guns and survival I have a chance to last long. Other than that I would choose walking dead even tough I have bigger chance to live long I would choose fallout

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By Bruxae

Probably Fallout or Walking Dead.

I like how the Zombie infestation brings all types of people together, and Fallout is just the most intresting of the worlds, although I guess all of them would suck if it was real life.. So if this was the real thing id probably research the safest option.

Avatar image for captain_yesterday
Captain_Yesterday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bruxae said:

Probably Fallout or Walking Dead.

I like how the Zombie infestation brings all types of people together, and Fallout is just the most intresting of the worlds, although I guess all of them would suck if it was real life.. So if this was the real thing id probably research the safest option.

This sums my views nicely.

And loving all the Fallout responses :)