What possible Female Superhero movie would you like?

• 65 results
MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

Poll What possible Female Superhero movie would you like? (70 votes)

Captain Marvel-? 21%
Black Widow-Scarlett Johansson 17%
Wonder Woman-Gal Gadot 34%
Storm-Halle Berry 6%
Mystique-Jennifer Lawrence 7%
Black Cat-Felicity Jones 13%

And what movie do you think would be the most successful?

• 
Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A She Hulk one is the only one I'd watch.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Of your list, Black Cat. Of all time, Poison Ivy and a Gotham City Sirens movie. Would see the sh*t out of those.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Carol Danvers

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A Catwoman movie with the actual Catwoman.

iDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wonder Woman.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By EyeDCyou

Wonder Woman would stomp all other choices in the box office. Let's be honest here.

MadFacedKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW

End thread/

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I want to say Wonder Woman, but I'll have to wait to see how Gadot does in Dawn of Justice. If she does get more than just a cameo, that is.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Wonder Woman would stomp all other choices in the box office. Let's be honest here.

Would she? The Marvel Brand is a powerful thing, GoTG a totally unknown group of characters has done phenomenally well, when you add to that the star power of Lawrence, and Johansson. I think you might be overestimating Wonder Woman's boxoffice draw here, especially with such an unknown actress, and an unproven cinematic universe.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

Would she? The Marvel Brand is a powerful thing, GoTG a totally unknown group of characters has done phenomenally well, when you add to that the star power of Lawrence, and Johansson. I think you might be overestimating Wonder Woman's boxoffice draw here, especially with such an unknown actress, and an unproven cinematic universe.

While yes those are true, but Wonder Woman is the most recognizable and iconic female superhero EVER. She's the Batman of Women, let's face it.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of a Black Cat film, but I think Wonder Woman would be the most successful.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman really is the only one that interests me. I like Black Cat but she's most interesting when she's interacting with Spidey

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Night4345

None of them.

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Honestly, as a man who has almost no info about Diana, Wonder Woman. Black Cat would be an interesting movie, as long as Spidey is in it. If not, it`ll probably fail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Not really any of them.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Voted Wonder Woman but I'm in no rush to see any of them to be honest. If I'm voting for a must see minority character its Black Panther.,

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow just cause I love looking at Scarlett Johansson.

But other than that I would say Pretty Deadly. Yes, it's not a Superhero flick but the book itself is cinematic as hell.

Bamapecan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

No one voted for Storm? I understand it's probably the worst option here (though I'd rather see Storm than Mystique honestly), but you'd figure someone would have voted for it by now.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halle Berry is terrible.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Out of those, Wonder Woman.

If Carol has a movie I'd rather it be a Ms. Marvel movie. <____<

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Widow for sure, she's been great in all the Marvel movies so far, and with the ending of Winter Soldier she's left with a whole lot of options for movie plots.

MadFacedKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: Might be based on actresses.

Lawrence vs Berry.

Storm would be awesome and my 2nd pick not sure about Berry playing her though.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By the_tree

Black Widow, and the not-listed-here option of Spider-Woman. I honestly don't care about any of the others.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JoshuaDBr

@eyedcyou: I'd say superman of women actually. Batman is huge right now, but of all time Superman is the biggest most well known and loved hero.

Anyway, my vote goes towards a Wonder Woman movie. Yes it would be big, but I just want to see it happen! It does depend on Gal Gadot's performance, but right now, I just want to see a Wonder Woman movie!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

I would love to see a Wonder Woman movie or a Ms. Marvel one. Those two are my biggest desires for a female superhero movie.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MyNameIsWill
Black Cat
Black Cat

She just seems so much more interesting than the others honestly.

Lazzyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me its WW but i'd love a Black Widow movie though

Lazzyville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for me its WW but i'd love a Black Widow movie though

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

Powergirl is not on the list....list invalid.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MatthewParker

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

While yes those are true, but Wonder Woman is the most recognizable and iconic female superhero EVER. She's the Batman of Women, let's face it.

I would say she's more like the superman of women. But anyway i dont disagree shes the most iconic and recognizable, but that doesn't guarantee box office success, I mean just look at Superman Returns.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

I would say she's more like the superman of women. But anyway i dont disagree shes the most iconic and recognizable, but that doesn't guarantee box office success, I mean just look at Superman Returns.

Superman Returns still made 400M

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Torn between WW and Captain Marvel. I think I'm going to go with Captain Marvel because MCU has given me way more reasons to trust them than DC so far.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

GoTG, characters that are no where near as iconic and well known as Superman has already grossed $557m (and its not done at the boxoffice yet)

So do you see what im saying about an lesser known Marvel character like Black Widow, or Captain Marvel possibly out grossing Wonder Woman at the boxoffice?

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

GoTG, characters that are no where near as iconic and well known as Superman has already grossed $557m (and its not done at the boxoffice yet)

So do you see what im saying about an lesser known Marvel character like Black Widow, or Captain Marvel possibly out grossing Wonder Woman at the boxoffice?

I understand what your saying, but let's say that they WW and Black Widow were both just as good as each other. Wonder Woman would out gross it, because it's like putting Batman up against Thor. If both movies are good. batman still makes more money.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

And Superman is way more recognizable that GotG....didn't stop GotG from out performing Man of Steel at the box office

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EyeDCyou

@lateralus said:

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

And Superman is way more recognizable that GotG....didn't stop GotG from out performing Man of Steel at the box office

GotG need 160m more to tie Man of Steel. Man of Steel also had a better opening.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Wonder Woman..seriously.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou said:

@lateralus said:

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

GotG need 160m more to tie Man of Steel. Man of Steel also had a better opening.

GoTG 35 day gross: $284.4m

MoS 35 day gross: $283.1m

Not a huge difference, however GoTG is still grossing more.

These numbers are domestic if you're wondering, GoTG has still not opened in the more important foreign box offices.

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

Wonder Woman..seriously.

?

The "seriously" is to emphasize the point, lol. The fact that we still don't have a WW movie is ridiculous.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By EyeDCyou

@eyedcyou said:

@lateralus said:

@eyedcyou said:

@matthewparker said:

@eyedcyou said:

GoTG 35 day gross: $284.4m

MoS 35 day gross: $283.1m

Not a huge difference, however GoTG is still grossing more.

These numbers are domestic if you're wondering, GoTG has still not opened in the more important foreign box offices.

Ah ok. Well this is true. I guess I could justify it by saying that Guardians is considered to be a better movie than MoS. And Guardians appeals to a larger audience due to its comedic and family friendly nature. Where as Man of Steel was much darker. But, as I said earlier, let's say that Guardians and Man of Steel were both "equally as good". I'd have to think that Man of Steel would out gross. Unfortunately, there is no way to actually prove that theory. Guardians is a peculiar case honestly, and it's hard to compare it to other films. I mean, so far it's out grossed Cap 2, which many people thought was a very good CBM at its core. I'll agree that any of those characters have the capability of out grossing WW. But if all things were equal, hype, quality of film, tone, etc. I believe that WW would highly out gross.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman!

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By AfricanWilds

GotG is being fueled by the steam that The Avengers movie put out. People got so jacked up about the superhero team-up dynamic that worked flawlessly that its still lingering after 2 years. Of course people are going to see it, they just want Avengers again.

Black Widow would not be as successful because we've seen her enough already. Marvel said all that they needed to say about her in the movies she's already been in. She's solid, but her character's simply not compelling enough to try and do a whole backstory/solo movie. She's not as reusable as someone like Wolverine.

Ms. Marvel would work because 1. the character hasn't been introduced to live-action film, ever, 2. She's one of the more popular "backup" Avengers, and most importantly, 3. She's a hot blonde with an attitude in a tight onesie that fights for the military and can fly and wreck.

And you've seriously hit your head if you think a solo Wonder Woman film wouldn't crush any sort of minor character movie such as BW's. Please don't make me explain that logic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthewparker said:

GotG is being fueled by the steam that The Avengers movie put out. People got so jacked up about the superhero team-up dynamic that worked flawlessly that its still lingering after 2 years. Of course people are going to see it, they just want Avengers again.

Black Widow would not be as successful because we've seen her enough already. Marvel said all that they needed to say about her in the movies she's already been in. She's solid, but her character's simply not compelling enough to try and do a whole backstory/solo movie. She's not as reusable as someone like Wolverine.

Ms. Marvel would work because 1. the character hasn't been introduced to live-action film, ever, 2. She's one of the more popular "backup" Avengers, and most importantly, 3. She's a hot blonde with an attitude in a tight onesie that fights for the military and can fly and wreck.

And you've seriously hit your head if you think a solo Wonder Woman film wouldn't crush any sort of minorcharacter movie such as BW's. Please don't make me explain that logic.

So are you saying a Ms. Marvel movie could possibly out gross a Wonder Woman move? are is she a character you would consider to be a "minor Character"?

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see a movie of Jessica Jones.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48  Edited By AllStarSuperman
No Caption Provided

AfricanWilds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@africanwilds said:

@matthewparker said:

And you've seriously hit your head if you think a solo Wonder Woman film wouldn't crush any sort of minorcharacter movie such as BW's. Please don't make me explain that logic.

So are you saying a Ms. Marvel movie could possibly out gross a Wonder Woman move? are is she a character you would consider to be a "minor Character"?

Wha...How did you get that from my post? Please explain. I'm not sure I follow your deductive logic here...?

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MatthewParker

@africanwilds said:

@matthewparker said:

@africanwilds said:

@matthewparker said:

Wha...How did you get that from my post? Please explain. I'm not sure I follow your deductive logic here...?

how is my question confusing? its either yes i think she possibly could, or no i dont think she could.

you said you think Ms. Marvel would be successful, and that you dont think black widow would be. Then in your last paragraph you say wonder woman would out gross a minor character like black widow. so my question to you is do you also consider Ms. Marvel to be a minor character that would (In your mind) be destroyed at the box office by Wonder Woman?