What other characters at Cap's level/power/tier could have made it out of the elevator in Winter Soldier?

ErentheGhoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who else could have made it out at his level or tier? So I guess what I'm saying is leave out obvious characters like Thor, or Scarlett Witch who'd easily make it out. Jessica Jones? Luke Cage, T'Challa, people like that is who I'm asking about. Street level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf823e3012e8
deactivated-5cf823e3012e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jessica wouldn't make it, Luke probably would, T'Challa probably does as well.

mexcomics2078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tchalla, Bucky, Luke, Bushmaster,

Avatar image for deactivated-5e37510e25a10
deactivated-5e37510e25a10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agent May, Bobbi Morse, Daisy Johnson

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

John 117

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

As far as enhanced street levellers go, Luke Cage, Bushmaster, Bucky, Elektra and Crossbones would all make it out. I don't consider T'Challa street level, but he'd obviously make it out. Maybe Iron Fist if he opens with a strong AoE, otherwise he gets dropped.

Hawkeye and Widow would also clear with their gear. Agent May and Mockingbird could, depending on their weapons.

I could see others like Stick and Okoye pulling something off but I wouldn't count on a majority at all.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By APEX_pretador

Bucky would do it. His metal arm is op. Also T'Challa with his suit would easily make it out. Would be a lot harder without it but I think he can maybe win there. Getting out is entirely different story.

Peter Parker would easily overpower them

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@anthp2000: Clint won't have the space to use his gear. And assuming they are in the same condition as Cap, remember that they are not as strong as him, so when one man puts them in a chokehold and with 2 men each on their one hand, they have no way of breaking free from magnetic handcuffs. Neither of them can use gear without the hands.

AchievedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AchievedHero

Iron Fist, Cage, Bucky, Bushmaster, T'Challa could easily make it out. I can argue that Jessica Jones and Daredevil could also make it out with difficulty. Punisher maybe too.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

T'Challa and Bucky would straight up kill everyone.

Marvel wouldn't show it because its PG-13

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anthp2000  Moderator

@anthp2000: Clint won't have the space to use his gear. And assuming they are in the same condition as Cap, remember that they are not as strong as him, so when one man puts them in a chokehold and with 2 men each on their one hand, they have no way of breaking free from magnetic handcuffs. Neither of them can use gear without the hands.

I think Clint is good enough to draw and shoot before they hit him. After all draw speed is one of his main attributes, as Renner has also noted:

Avengers: Operation Hydra

Here he's shooting 3 arrows in 1.9 second(s), much less than 2 seconds, and even implies that he can do better than that. He draw and fire an arrow in a fraction of this time, plus we know his reaction speed is better than anyone's in the elevator, including Rumlow.

Avengers: Age of Ultron
Avengers: Age of Ultron

He blows up a bunch of Ultron sentries 5 ft. away from him, showing he can control the radius of his explosive arrows at almost point blank for him. Even if he deals minor damage to himself while killing most of the agents, it won't matter. Then he can slice the remaining ones up with his katana.

And even if he gets hit by one of their electric weapons, he can fight through since he took a Widow's sting on Vormir and was barely down - and those taser disks are way more effective than the tasers STRIKE used (one of them wasn't KO'd by Cap tasing him in the elevator, but they dropped like flies later when Nat took them down to save the world council). Plus, even if he's handcuffed, we saw him slicing down Outriders with 1 arm, so again it won't matter if he's just to take on a couple remaining people.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Widow, she does have solid radius/firepower with her Widow's stings that can take out multiple people at once (and already proved effective against these guys):

The Avengers Prelude: Black Widow Strikes I

And she already outdrew 3 members of that team. Plus she has grenades. She can take down some of them in the first second of the fight using electricity alone.

She'll have to rely more on skill than anything, but I think she can do it. She is on a level significantly better than Cap in MA and carries batons that will defo take down any of the agents in one hit or two. How many will be left, 5 at most? And even if they manage to handcuff her eventually, I'd be surprised if she can't replicate Cap fighting them off with 1 arm restrained, especially given she can do this with a chair on her back using only footwork.

Cap didn't have to worry too much about the guy putting him in a chokehold from behind because he's a Super Soldier. Other fighters wouldn't have to approach the fight like that. Evans' stunt double has said afterall that Cap doesn't have to worry about humans tagging him so much. Natasha wouldn't go like that.

I can see where you're coming from if you think it wouldn't happen for a majority though, but seeing how they usually fight, their gear is suited for a situation like this. Use big firepower to lower the numbers then handle the rest directly.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nightcrawler would

BalancedTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers