Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
#1 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio

In your opinion what are the qualities of a true Hero both

IN real life

and

IN comics

#2 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

some one who chooses not to be but does the right thing.. or some one who tries to attune for one past and is always willing to sacrifice himself for his friends..

examples:

not a hero selfish goals
not a hero selfish goals
does the right thing
does the right thing
tries to attune for past deeds
tries to attune for past deeds
#3 Posted by Mr.Voo the Doo (376 posts) - - Show Bio

the ability to put aside ones own desires and to protect another

#4 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio

undies on the outside.

#5 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"undies on the outside."
only in comics..

in real life a spiffy uniform and actual combat experience..
#6 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"undies on the outside."
only in comics..

in real life a spiffy uniform and actual combat experience.."
In real life there is no such thing as a hero to me.Because no matter who you think is a hero..they are usually apart of a corrupt organization..you know..the Police or Fire Department,the army,etc.
#7 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"undies on the outside."
only in comics..

In real life there is no such thing as a hero to me.Because no matter who you think is a hero..they are usually apart of a corrupt organization..you know..the Police or Fire Department,the army,etc."
how does this stop them being a hero?

Others ruin it for the good ones do they not
#8 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
.Mistress Redhead. said:
"Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"undies on the outside."
only in comics..

In real life there is no such thing as a hero to me.Because no matter who you think is a hero..they are usually apart of a corrupt organization..you know..the Police or Fire Department,the army,etc."

Others ruin it for the good ones do they not"
What I am saying is wearing the uniform isn't what makes you a hero.Doing something heroic does.
#9 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
".Mistress Redhead. said:
"Vance Astro said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"Vance Astro said:
"undies on the outside."
only in comics..

Others ruin it for the good ones do they not"
What I am saying is wearing the uniform isn't what makes you a hero.Doing something heroic does."
gotcha
#10 Edited by Pania (1779 posts) - - Show Bio

Selflessness. Courage. Doing the right thing, even when it is not easy or comfortable.

#11 Posted by vance_astro (90095 posts) - - Show Bio
Pania said:
"Selflessness. Courage. Doing the right thing, even when it is not easy or comfortable."
Agreed.
#12 Posted by Feral Nova (58336 posts) - - Show Bio

For me a hero, in real life, isnt just wearing a uniform (although I do respect for those who do). A hero in real life for me, is someone who is willing to go out of the way to help others. Also, being a hero, doesnt mean that you had a past with roses and rainbows. This person could have had a rough past, and hey, may have even made some mistakes, but learns from them and also helps and tries to give guildance to those who may be going through some things that he/she may have gone through.

I'm sure there is more I want to say, but... as of right now, this is all I got xD

#13 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (26773 posts) - - Show Bio
Feral Nova said:
"For me a hero, in real life, isnt just wearing a uniform (although I do respect for those who do). A hero in real life for me, is someone who is willing to go out of the way to help others. Also, being a hero, doesnt mean that you had a past with roses and rainbows. This person could have had a rough past, and hey, may have even made some mistakes, but learns from them and also helps and tries to give guildance to those who may be going through some things that he/she may have gone through.
Pretty much what i think
#14 Posted by Teen Manatee (421 posts) - - Show Bio
Feral Nova said:
"For me a hero, in real life, isnt just wearing a uniform (although I do respect for those who do). A hero in real life for me, is someone who is willing to go out of the way to help others. Also, being a hero, doesnt mean that you had a past with roses and rainbows. This person could have had a rough past, and hey, may have even made some mistakes, but learns from them and also helps and tries to give guildance to those who may be going through some things that he/she may have gone through.

I'm sure there is more I want to say, but... as of right now, this is all I got xD"
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing :D nice one, man.
#15 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34199 posts) - - Show Bio
Teen Manatee said:
"Feral Nova said:

I'm sure there is more I want to say, but... as of right now, this is all I got xD"
Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing :D nice one, man."
Nova's a girl xD
But yeah I agree too.
#16 Posted by Calvin (3583 posts) - - Show Bio

Could it be that a good guy is at the right place, at the right time and does the right thing; and a hero puts himself in the right place, at the right and does the right thing?

#17 Posted by speedlgt (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

A hero in real life is a hard thing for me to state cause Most all deeds come from a selfish root. Teachers and Cops for examples preform heroic actions all the time yet they are employed so if there was no money would they even be there to preform those heroic actions? i work in a Field where people talk about "helping" people all the time but again we are employed and if there no money then no one is coming to work..........so are helping cause of a need for being heroic or just cause were paid?    Also what of Heroes who WANT to be heroes they want that glory is that not coming from a selfish need? Its really hard IN REAL LIFE.
That being said there are Heroes out there everyday and I am not saying that people are not basically good but I cant get around the idea of a selfish root.

In comics its easy
Superman any one who acts like him is  Hero.
just look at FC DarkFart killed batman and was wounded Superman could have killed him rippped him in half And I am sure he wanted too But he didnt cause he would hurt all the people darktart controlled.....Thats a HERO ...........put aside his want for revenge for the good of all. 

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
#18 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

In real life A Hero A person that will do things for other people. One that does what is right, takes the long harder path rather than the easy way out. Helps out people, is bold, confident, tenacious, kind, acts with a strong sense of morality, refuses to back down from adversity, and remains positve. A person you can count on, be there for you, and not kick you when you are down. A person that knows he or she is not perfect, learns from their mistakes, and is able to apologize. One that inspires people, does the right thing, and is a stand up person.

Super Heroes They are selfless, admirable, bold, and are trying to improve the world. They will sacrifice themselves, do the right thing, and is someone you can count on if you need them. The person helps fix the situation, doesn't past judgement, and looks to do it again, along with being tenacious no matter how many times it takes to get something done.

#19 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"A hero in real life is a hard thing for me to state cause Most all deeds come from a selfish root. Teachers and Cops for examples preform heroic actions all the time yet they are employed so if there was no money would they even be there to preform those heroic actions? i work in a Field where people talk about "helping" people all the time but again we are employed and if there no money then no one is coming to work..........so are helping cause of a need for being heroic or just cause were paid?    Also what of Heroes who WANT to be heroes they want that glory is that not coming from a selfish need? Its really hard IN REAL LIFE.
That being said there are Heroes out there everyday and I am not saying that people are not basically good but I cant get around the idea of a selfish root.

That's something that has been bothering me for awhile. Do people do heroics things just to feel better about themselves or to get the glory? Same thing goes for doing anything nice. When walking down the sidewalk, do people just say 'Hi.' to feel good about themselves for saying something nice?
#20 Posted by King Saturn (222996 posts) - - Show Bio
Spandex makes a True Hero...

lmfao
#21 Posted by John Valentine (16466 posts) - - Show Bio

Dynamite abs.

#22 Posted by gunswordfist (2690 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Dynamite abs."

Then I'm a Superhero!!!!!!!!!!!!
Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
#23 Posted by Firestormnuclerman (2581 posts) - - Show Bio

For both one that's willing to face their fears.

Avatar image for the_social_moth
#24 Posted by the Social Moth (40 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome powers

Avatar image for samurai_condoms
#25 Posted by Samurai Condoms (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow.