What Lantern Coprs would the Avengers be in if they were to be a lantern?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So as the title say, what corps would the Avengers be in..?

This is only limited to the movie Avengers, no comic book avengers. And only those who have been official members count.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Omnipotent94

Captain America : Blue or green

Iron man : Maybe orange

Thor : Red

Hulk : yellow or red

Black widow : Maybe violet

Scarlett witch : Violet or green

Spider man: blue

Vision : Indigo

IDK about the rest.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America: Blue

Iron Man: Green

Vision: Indigo

Hulk: Red

Thor: not sure maybe green

Spider-Man: Blue

Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America: Blue

Iron Man: Orange

Hulk: Red or Yellow

Thor: Red

Spiderman: Blue

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I think Thor would fit for gl

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs: no but he is not exactly kind and selfless either.

Omnipotent94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By byondeon

Thor: Green/Blue fits him best tbh

Hulk: Red Lantern

Iron Man: Orange

Captain America: Blue fits him best imho, tho I can see Green as well

Spider Man: Based on what the lanterns represent, I would say that Indigo or Green would fit Spiderman the best

Vision: Am I the only one that can see him being Violet? I can also see why people pick Violet for him

Black Widow: Black tbh

Hawkeye: Not sure he would fit for any of them

Scarlet Witch: I would say the first time we saw her, she would be Red, tho I would say now, Indigo or Green

PoisonPen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain America is definitely blue, or possibly even white. I don't think he'd have any trouble wielding a green ring ("I could do this all day!"), but his schtick has always been about doing the right thing, even when it's hard, and giving the little guy the courage to fight back.

Iron Man is a little more difficult. He's shown he's indifferent to money in only the way a super-rich man can be, so I don't think he'd go orange. But he's shown he's all about using a show of force to make people behave, which makes me think a yellow lantern is probably most appropriate for him. Like Captain America he could probably use a green lantern, but he'd be much better with a yellow lantern.

The temptation is to give Hulk the red ring without question, but it's important to look at this version of Hulk. Banner is all about deep personal control, about always remaining in control of the Hulk. And when he turns into the Hulk, he isn't the mindless rage monster we see in some comic versions. I think Hulk has to go green. What characterizes him is his iron control, not the total release of rage.

Black Widow would probably wield the violet ring, not just because she's as woman, but because her specialty isn't combat but spying. She's trained primarily in emotional manipulation and seduction, which are the key abilities of the Star Sapphires. She could also conceibably wear the yellow ring for similar reasons, though she'd be more powerful with the violet ring.

Hawkeye would also be a rare male violet lantern. Also trained as a spy and thus adept at emotional manipulation, he is the only Avenger with a close family and spouse, something he's mentioned as part of the reason for what he does; his love for his family would make him especially powerful with the violet ring. Given their shared affinity for the violet ring, it's not surprising that he and Black Widow would become close.

Ant-Man could conceivably wear any number of different rings, like the blue, green, indigo, and possible even red and orange (before he became Ant-Man), but he has no strong motivations in any direction, and of all the Avengers I think he's probably the one least likely to pick up any ring. If I was forced at gunpoint to choose just one ring, I'd probably put him in indigo; his redemption story from criminal to superhero resonates with the indigo emotional spectrum.

Vision couldn't wear a ring. I think there's canon for mechanical intelligence being unable to use the power rings. He would probably resonate most strongly with indigo, but my feeling is a synthezoid couldn't use a ring (or lantern or staff).

Thor would wear the red power ring early in his career, but the more recent, matured Thor we see by the time of Ragnarok has become more determined than just blindly vengeful and aggressive, so I think he's shifted into a green lantern from red.

Spider-Man might seem to be an obvious blue lantern, but I think he's actually indigo tribe. His primary motivation, as repeated over and over again in every Spider-Man film, is about great power bearing great responsibility. This is because his selfishness resulted in the death of Uncle Ben and his subsequent complete transformation into someone determined to stick up for the little guy. This is the very heart of the indigo spectrum, the repenting of old sins to be replaced by compassion for others.

War Machine is all about military discipline, about using regimented authority to keep a steel boot on evil. He would fit into both green and yellow, like Iron Man, but since his role is to be a foil for Iron Man, and since Iron Man would lean more to yellow, I'm inclined to say War Machine leans more to green.

Falcon is a military man like War Machine, but is far more inclined to break the rules, especially for a friend or ally. It's important to remember that Falcon was primarily a medic sent in to rescue people rather than a fighter, so yellow is definitely not the right ring for him. Either blue or indigo could work for him, but I'd be inclined to go with indigo because he's less concerned with inspiring people than with saving them.

Nick Fury is an interesting case. My initial reaction was to say he's unquestionably yellow, given his willingness to use any level of underhanded skullduggery to maintain order, but we've seen that his real motivation is about control. He trusts absolutely no one, and spends his entire life in a state of total paranoia, always prepared for nearly every eventuality. This I think makes him a prime candidate for the orange ring. He's not necessarily greedy for wealth, but he's greedy for power and authority, wanting no one but him to hold all the cards.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap - blue

Tony - dunno maybe yellow

Hulk - red

Thor - green/blue

Bw - violet

Hawkeye - violet

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Richubs

@omnipotent94:

He is selfless.

He was selfless in Avengers when he willing to die in order to save New York from the Nuke.

He went into the rotor of the helicarrier knowing it could be very dangerous

He was selfless in AOU where he was under Sokovia knowing that he could very well die.

He was selfless in Infinity War where he was willing to die as long as the time stone doesn't fall in anyone else's hands.

He was not very selfless in Iron Man initially but after he saw Yinsen die I don't think that part of him still was there.

Basically he has many showings of selflessness and Heck, he even had OCD and in Iron Man 3 he had given up on normal life and was working relentlessly only ro make things that'd protect the public in a future Invasion.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richubs said:

@omnipotent94:

He is selfless.

He was selfless in Avengers when he willing to die in order to save New York from the Nuke.

He went into the rotor of the helicarrier knowing it could be very dangerous

He was selfless in AOU where he was under Sokovia knowing that he could very well die.

He was selfless in Infinity War where he was willing to die as long as the time stone doesn't fall in anyone else's hands.

He was not very selfless in Iron Man initially but after he saw Yinsen die I don't think that part of him still was there.

Basically he has many showings of selflessness and Heck, he wvne had OCD and in Iron Man 3 he had given up on normal life and was working relentlessly only ro make things that'd protect the public in a future Invasion.

Basically everything you said would indicate he would be Indigo, not green.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon:

I am not making a case for Iron Man being any of the lanterns I'm just making a case for why he's not run by greed.

I really don't know any rings other than Green, Blue, Yellow and Red.

But I googled Orange Lanterns and they are run by greed which is something I belive Iron Man has left.