What kind of Green Lantern Movie would you want ?

• 69 results
Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Knightfall225

Poll What kind of Green Lantern Movie would you want ? (61 votes)

Solo ( one Hero) 36%
Buddy Cop ( two lanterns) 31%
lantern Corps ( 4 or 5 lanterns ) 33%

I personally would love a Lantern Corps movie with Hal, John, Guy , and Simon/ or kyle

• 
Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

lantern corps movie, maybe try a different, innovative style with 3 or 4 lanterns and show the story through their unique view. show a lot of the fan favorite lanterns a good amount and amazing fight scenes. maybe against the yellow lantern corps. but im sure with the mess that was GL ryan reynolds they dont wanna take too many more chances with GL

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@wrglfan2814: A Hal and sinestro movie would be an awesome idea

Batman1130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally think that DC needs to develop one lantern in a decent amount of depth. It could be John or Kyle but that lantern will likely appear in Justice League and the follow up movie so audience need to really know about him and understand the character

Benk111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 or 5 lanterns with other characters making appearances and one human character being the main character like gotg. Btw the one and only human lantern should be Hal Jordan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd want John Stewart and a small squad of lanterns.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buddy cop between hal and sinestro. How would they introduce all the earth lanterns in one movie? They all have different origin stories they would have to go over. I would rather a much more focused story.

Couldn't possibly be that hard, except for Kyle. Hal got his from Abin, and that's Flashback material right there.

I personally think that DC needs to develop one lantern in a decent amount of depth. It could be John or Kyle but that lantern will likely appear in Justice League and the follow up movie so audience need to really know about him and understand the character

But they'll see the Lantern character before they see the Lantern movie though. I mean you could have one on Earth and more in Space.

Have Kyle taking care of things with The League.

And have the Lantern movie open up with Hal going

"So how do ya think Kyle's doing on Earth? I know we trained him, but it's his first time being in a sector on his own. Kid's still got a lot to learn," to John or something.

Personally, I feel like they should go with a Hal Jordan/John Stewart Team-up. The two could play well off of each other. You get Hal trying to teach John how to be a Lantern, but behold, he's being shown up by the more disciplined rookie. Miscommunication has them screw-up massively and they split up in anger to fix the problem.They come together when they realize that they need to work together to defeat their enemy (let's say Sinestro,) and the two become friends/friendly rivals.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's there to explore? There's a galactic police corps they chose people to protect sectors due to... misfortunes and humans showing great potential so there's a couple of them. You just gotta have great action scenes good comedy good dialogue, not necessarily a huge origin story.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I'd like a Hal/Sinestro team-up that inevitably turns sour but I'd love others like Laira, Tomar, Boodikka, Arisia, Salaak, Natu and obviously Kilowog to play important roles too. I'd love it if Aya turned up too.

Also I've taken a liking to Two-Six's character and design so it would be cool to see a cameo or something from her.

This movie needs to be thoroughly set in space unlike the last one.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

Hal and Sinestro "buddy" movie, with Sinestro becoming the villain in the sequel.

I would essentially adapt Secret Origin into a movie.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If dc were smart they would use GL like Marvel used gotg to both introduce other cosmic type characters as well as advance the storyline of the JL movies.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Well they're gonna pop up in Justice League anyway so that ship has sailed.

And their origins aren't something I think you need to spend a whole 120 minutes on. Hal met an Alien, you can't have Kyle's period, John and Guy were both enlisted backups. I just think you can better spend that time telling story that's part of the plot.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Lantern Corps bring us Hal, Kyle, Guy, John and Simon!

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By zaied

I'd like a straight Lantern Corps movie with all of the Earth Lanterns. Wouldn't mind if they started off with just a duo, however. That's really what the first movie should've been. More Mark Strong as Sinestro... but he was barely in the film.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Who said it was Hal's movie all of a sudden? Green Lantern could be any of the four for all we know.

And I'm pretty sure JL part 1 is scheduled before GL. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure JL is 2018 and GL is 2020.

MR_Majki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with 1 or 2 Lanterns for first movie, eventually moving to Lantern Corps.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

a solo one with John Stewart.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buddy cop with John as the older, weary GL and Guy as the hotshot loose cannon. Pretty much Lethal Weapon on space.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rdclip: or take john out and as kyle rayner as the young GL and guy as the old one and make it like Harold & Kumar.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think like a few have said, a sinestro and Hal film would be good. It would be admittedly Samey to the GL film, but it works really well to establish a franchise. They get a villain and the potential for other corps. From here they can use this to set up domestic corps war. Due to this, more gls are recruited and this can include John and Guy. Kyle could do the same or just skip straight to ion(or save him for white lantern).

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

A good one

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corps. If their smart.

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By safefruitcake

Lantern Corps movie minus Hal (he'd be on the League and can be mentioned in passing by one of the Corps).

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) There's no way they are gonna make another GL movie. In the next 20 years at least.

2) If they did, why be such wimps about the fact that you already made one? Just do like Hulk and have the next one be a quasi sequel. Change whatever you think you need to change and carry the f*** on.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

a dark one

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I just want a good one...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Because it would be silly to have a JL movie with Cyborg, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Superman, no Lantern when we almost always have one on the team.

And again it doesn't have to be all about propping Hal up. Not Everyone likes him. If they're smart they'll play up their personalities and creativity with negligible differences in their power for the most part.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want one with John Stewart.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Id want a lantern corps movie with either the red or violet corps appearing. Oh maybe mogo too.

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a live action adaption of Green Lantern:First Flight animated movie. Hal was awesome in it

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Id want a lantern corps movie with either the red or violet corps appearing. Oh maybe mogo too.

there are no violet corps. There are Green, Red,Yellow,Orange,Star Sapphire, Indigo,Blue, Black and White

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm strangely excited for the DCCU Green Lantern.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: They could set up any Lantern they want, really.

And GLs minus Kyle aren't Legacy characters. They're all appointed and function at the same time. If you consider anyone not named Hal a Legacy, then you make Hal a Legacy because Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern.

Also, Hal is definitive. Not arguing that, but Justice League made John Stewart a popular character, regardless of the source material. I think it's a valid point that, done well each Lantern can be an enjoyable member of The Team. The difference here is that those are Clones and people from other dimensions. The Spiders are nothing like the Lanterns. The Lanterns function at the same time in the same universe and always have. You need Peter to Establish them. Hal isn't necessary to establish any other Lantern.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

Leatherface003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was in charge: Green Lantern would be a mostly Earth-based film, with both Hal Jordan and John Stewart taking the lead.

The tone of the film would be a serious and dark one - sure, I'm in agreement with most people in thinking that Warner Bros shouldn't be making all of DC's films so dark and gloomy. But this is another Aquaman situation - the general public's perception of this character has been tainted, so overcompensating for that is necessary before lightening things up. And the dark tone is also not to say Hal won't be his usual self - he'll be a light character in a dark situation - similar to how the CW show Supernatural works, with the two title characters, one in particular, being relatively light compared to the overall tone.

The villain would be Sinestro, as a Yellow Lantern. His history would be explained throughout the film, as with Jordan's and Stewart's.

I don't have a full concept of the film I'd like to see planned out in my head, the above are just my thoughts on what I'd like to see. I'd also love some inclusion of a Red Lantern somewhere - maybe Razor, as seen in the Green Lantern animated series. Although, this would be difficult seeing as it's an Earth-based film.

Just my thoughts.

SCOLTON97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SCOLTON97

@edblank: Actually a Green Lantern film has been confirmed for 2020.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: Why not at the same time? There already exists an entire corps and we'll see plenty of other GLs anyway.

Considering Scott predates the Corps, I think it's a little more than that. And Kyle replaced every Lantern. Backup isn't the same as Legacy. Hal is more a Legacy because his ring was given to him. The others were appointed.

Part of Miles story is him coping with being the new Spider-Man and Peter's death. I disagree though. Regardless of whether a character is a legacy or introduced with other characters, they can be enjoyable to watch.

EdBlank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edblank: Actually a Green Lantern film has been confirmed for 2020.

Ho-Leee crap.

Color me flabbergasted

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Hand should be in the new GL film, for sure.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wrglfan2814: The Lanterns operate 2 to a sector. That's why Hal and John work together and why I suggested a film with the both of them. Also, considering they have anywhere between 3 to 7K members, and they maintain originality, I wouldn't worry about that. Also, all 4 Lanterns may not be on Earth during Justice League. Kyle could be training or working a mission with Guy in another sector, John could be on Oa, and Hal could be on Earth. They're cops, it's what they do. Go where they're needed.

But it's not Hal's origin. They get there power from the same source, but they don't have the same origin and Hal was far from the first Lantern.

That's only going by your definition of Legacy characters though which some people may or may not agree with. Miles is a Legacy because his predecessor died, he took the mantle, and upheld it. That only works for Hal and Kyle. But you're right. They can ultimately choose however they want to introduce characters.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

Two stories.

Story A: Hal Jordan and Sinestro are exploring an uprising in some mysterious Space Sector. Hal slowly sees that Sinestro is willing to use extreme force to get answers and they even come to blows upon their different belief systems.

Story B: New Lantern, John Stewart, along with Kilowog and other lanterns are investigating sabotage of the Central Power Battery on Oa and attempted assasination of the Guardians of the Universe. This leads them to discover a traitor among them.

Upon returning, Sinestro kills the traitor, breaking the Corps rule. He is exiled where he discovers the Yellow Light of Fear and starts his own Corps, stating the situation would have never gotten that far if the traitor feared the Corp and its leader.