• 62 results
Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#1 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehe

Personally i think the thor small portion of a small town bust is overwanked.

#2 Posted by hyiena (5276 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastdragonborn: Anytime a movie strike have shock waves people try to figure out the science to figure out how hard it was like the Directors don't just put the effect in because it looks cool.

#3 Posted by DammeFavour (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

KURSE. He threw a boulder

@hyiena: except some directors actually apply the science behind it

#4 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Obviously Thor's AOU feat.

People also wank the hell outta Wanda's TP too. You'd think her TP was on the level of Charles Xavier.

#5 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor "city busting".

#6 Edited by InFamous_Wolf (1427 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

People also wank the hell outta Wanda's TP too. You'd think her TP was on the level of Charles Xavier.

She isn´t Charles Xavier but her TP is actually very good, it´s just that she never uses it for plot purposes, in AOU she mind controlled entire city blocks in Sokovia to evacuate people.

#8 Posted by LordWhiskers (731 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Green_Tea (10420 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao i get a chuckle when MCU fanboys try to legitimize Thor's "town busting" feat from Age of Ultron, funny but pitiful.

#10 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait isnt sokovia a country??

MCU fanboy : THOR IS A COUNTRY BUSTER CONFIRMED

#11 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr said:

She isn´t Charles Xavier but her TP is actually very good, it´s just that she never uses it for plot purposes, in AOU she mind controlled entire city blocks in Sokovia to evacuate people.

I really don't think it is. It moves way too slow. And it even got countered by Hawkeye of all people. She'd get wrecked by another TP user.

Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
#12 Posted by theawesomeflashsandiego32 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor "city busting" or QS in Age of Apocalypse.

#13 Posted by RBT (27214 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor 'city busting', MoS 'speed blitzing', Fox QS DoFP scene.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#14 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4064 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio

@peterparkerjr: How fast is it supposed to move ? Clint literally turned around and grabbed her before she even did anything

#16 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4064 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: Xavier would've mind controlled him instantly

#17 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: I assumed it would be something more instantaneous and not in the form of a slow, red mist.

#18 Edited by Savitar71 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Just like everyone else is saying, the classic Thor City-Bust. Though I'm not sure anyone still believes he city-busted at this point.

The Kurse Boulder and Wanda TP are other great examples.

I actually don't think Quicksilver's AoA feat is super-overrated. In terms of speed he really was just absurdely impressive. It's the people who believe this translates to an instant win against opponents he has no means of harming that overrate him. He's also not that far ahead of many other live-action speedsters, but that's generally more underrating them than overrating him.

Avatar image for lord_adamantium
#19 Edited by Lord_Adamantium (425 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by Gotoucanario (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Edited by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theawesomeflashsandiego32
#24 Posted by theawesomeflashsandiego32 (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkpsychiclord_prime: it is just when people,started claiming he was faster than light which is major bull. They only got that from the Skynet commercial which is NOT canon. Other than that it is not that bad but gets overwanked more than a few times.

#25 Posted by DammeFavour (8292 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725: point is he wouldn't need to sneak

#26 Edited by those_eyes (17291 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor will do something even more impressive in ragnarok probably.

#28 Posted by Rag_man (1378 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by kgb725 (18409 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor city busting was legitimately wanked for about a month, then became a meme. Unless we're counting troll use it isn't in the top three.

Most Wanked

• DCEU Superman "tanking" a nuke, he no sold the explosion and was only knocked out by radiation
  • CW Flash perceiving lightning at a snails pace and other outliers
  • MCU Iron Man hanging with Thor, ignoring any and all context
  • Any DCEU Speed feat
  • CW Zoom when he broke some necks, although this was only for a bit
  • Any time CW Arrow has "bullet timed"
  • DCEU Batman beating some fodder
  • MCU Black Panther beating Winter Soldier
  • Using MCU Batroc's showing against Cap in a way that suggests he didn't get stomped
  • DCEU Doomsday's blasts being nuclear, and how impressive it is that Supes and WW were unarmed, while ignoring that it only knocked over decrepit buildings, didn't destroy enough concrete to kill either of the two humans present etc.
  • DCEU Doomsday energy absorption NLF
  • CW Bronze Tiger having durability <<< a bomb proof container
  • That punch from CW Arsenal
  • CW Slade vanishes for a scene transition, becomes speedster
  • Fox Wolverine "tanking a nuclear blast"
  • Every single Tobey-Man feat
  • Most of MCU Scarlet Witches feats, she isn't a reality warper

#31 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait when you say he no sold the explosion does that mean he was not hurt by hit ?

#32 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Bardockdiaper (161 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Thor 'city busting', MoS 'speed blitzing', Fox QS DoFP scene.

#34 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4064 posts) - - Show Bio

@theawesomeflashsandiego32 said:

@darkpsychiclord_prime: it is just when people,started claiming he was faster than light which is major bull. They only got that from the Skynet commercial which is NOT canon. Other than that it is not that bad but gets overwanked more than a few times.

Oh, i never read someone calling him ftl, if they did, that is really wanking

#35 Posted by Thorthunder98 (6614 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman warehouse scene

#36 Posted by Skrskr (3352 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been said a bunch but the Thor sokovia feat

#37 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82 said:
@peterparkerjr said:

I really don't think it is. It moves way too slow. And it even got countered by Hawkeye of all people. She'd get wrecked by another TP user.

It may be slow, but the reach is pretty good, and Hawkeye countering it was for plot purposes and mostly a jab at Jeremy Renner because he complained a lot that he got tricked into playing a role that Whedon told him was going to be different, Renner had a lot of complaints about Hawkeye being mind controlled for most of the movie and they took Wanda´s TP and used it to laugh at that fact.

#38 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, the most overrated live action feat is definitely Superman "tanking" a nuke, followed by those who claim Thor can go around casually city busting, but to be honest the nuke feat is way more wanked.

#39 Posted by Gotoucanario (2946 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by ImMadNice (1232 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap elevator scene, even though it's top 5 MCU scene

#41 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Meh. I mean he did technically tank the nuke. Thor city busters are worse. They use the sokovia bust to say "OHHH one shot superman" or "solo trinity" and other ridiculous stuff.

Superman nuke "tank" is something that honestly should be expected. Even without the feat, supes durability is still off the charts.

Here is one more wank feat for supes...

tectonic plate shifting.

#42 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4064 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that Thor's feat is wanked, he didn't city bust, but he did survive the explosion

#43 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4064 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: Meh. I mean he did technically tank the nuke. Thor city busters are worse. They use the sokovia bust to say "OHHH one shot superman" or "solo trinity" and other ridiculous stuff.

Superman nuke "tank" is something that honestly should be expected. Even without the feat, supes durability is still off the charts.

tectonic plate shifting.

That's the most stupid one i've read. They just read it in a newspaper, without context.

#44 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (2118 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

@thelastdragonborn said:

tectonic plate shifting.

That's the most stupid one i've read. They just read it in a newspaper, without context.

Eh, I think the nuke feat is too overrated, he didn´t tank it, he literally died and got resurrected because of direct exposure to the sun, that was heavily implied, I have asked my family and friends their take on that scene and they all think the same, it´s just us battle forum users who over-analyze the scenes trying to make up excuses.

The plate shifting is also ridiculous, I agree with that.

#47 Edited by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (4064 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by Superhero24 (4748 posts) - - Show Bio

@buildhare:

Thank the Lord we have a man who sees truth. Finally, someone who sees the DCEU wank on this website. Wolverine tanking a nuke who on earth says that. He was miles away from a weak nuke and it barely burned his skin. I can see why people call Witch a reality warper from her feat of killing the vibranium Ultron but his suite was already super damaged and dont know if his body was only laced or completely made of it. That feat has nothing to back up reality warping. We do know that if the plot doesn't hinder her, she could have defeated team Iron man by herself if bloodlusted. One of the directors or people working on the film said that she could do that. The superman nuke thing is the second biggest wank on comicvine. The dude was put into a coma at the very least from the bomb. DCEU speed is the worse. They even say superman can speed blitz QUicksilver (fox), and he could speed blitz the whole avengers roster before they react. Wonder Womans feats are now getting super wanked. Since when has she become way faster than MCU thor, for she hasn't even went faster than sound in any of her moments. DCEU fanboys can't say anything either on MCU fanboys when they wank Doomsday way more than MCU fanboys wank Kurse. Heck, I even agree on the Black Panther one. Winter Soldier was actually giving him some in their fight at the airport.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
#49 Edited by deactivated-5a0c8d423f980 (1863 posts) - - Show Bio