What Is The Best version of Batman(Specify why and provide evidence)

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By area52

Here are the criteria to be considered for choosing the best Batman:

Intellect which includes: Detective Skills, Inventions, Wits/Cleverness, Scientific Knowledge (chemistry, physics, etc)

Willpower and Mental Health

Batsuit

Gadgets (if he didn't invent them)

Physical Ability/Combat Skills

Origin Story

Relationships

Miscellaneous abilities and/or powers

Notes:

Start off by listing the first appearance, universe/continuity, and the name of your Batman. Do NOT base this off of nostalgia instead try to be as equitable and nonpartisan as possible.

EDIT: If you want to spice things up you can choose a Batman for each category.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

The cool thing about the character is that each 'incarnation' of the being Batman is special in their own way. Dick Grayson's Batman was more agile, Tim Drake's Batman was essentially more strategically wise (except the time he was trapped and almost beat to death by Jason Todd), Terry Mcginnus' Batman had the best gadgets, and Thomas Wayne and Jason Todd's Batman just got stuff done with their brutality and loss of morals. Bruce Wayne's Batman is probably the most proportioned Batman stats wise, where he's agile but not as agile as Dick Grayson, he's intelligent but perhaps not as intelligent as Tim Drake, he's brutal but he isn't as brutal as Jason or Thomas. Yet he still stomps out all these other Batmen in the other categories in which you've listed. IMO the best Batman by theory would probably be Damian Wayne since not only was he trained as a child to be a killing machine and shown how things are done by Batman, but he's also worked closely with each and every one of the other Batmen I've mentioned (with the exception of Thomas Wayne and Terry Mcginnus) and he probably learned a thing or two from each and every character. However tech-wise Batman Beyond will always be on top.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We all know the only answer to this.

No Caption Provided

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

My personal fav Batman is The Dark Knight Return Batman, more specifically the animated movie. He does have his moral, but at the same time he is tired of all this BS and even end up killing the joker, even by accident. He was charismatic, but have enough tragedy to sympathize without overdoing it. He turn criminal into a force of good and get the community working together and is a sign of hope inspiring others. My personal fav version.

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham verse: specifically Arkham Knight when suits up v.7 or 8

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By area52

@titing2101 said:

Not to mock your opinion but instead, to be a devil's advocate of sorts I'm going to go through the list of criteria why I believe this version fails to be the best Batman.

ArkhamVerse Batman- Bruce Wayne. First Appearance: Arkham Asylum

Intellect:

Overall he falls short of other Batmen in intelligence as he doesn't make his own gadgets or tech, his Detective skills are reliant on tech he didn't make, 10-year-olds can and have reached the same effect using. and his Wits aren't ever used for anything like fooling gods(JLA) although he does use a variety of scare tactics and interrogation techniques he's not even in the bat-ball park and wasn't even able to develop a scarecrow toxin cure. Batman's combat skills are quite impressive for a normal human although he lacks knowledge of pressure points like Batman in the comics and doesn't have many particularly amazing feats and even when he's wearing his suit a tall guy can kill him in three punches. WEAK. He didn't make his own stuff but his gadgets aren't bad and his Batmobile has a decent weapons system. He also has smoke bombs and a grappling gun but still, falls horrendously short of being the best in this sense. When it comes to his Personality and Origin Story they're the white bread Batman personality and Origin Story. He does look slightly different due to a different Batsuit. On the topic of that Batsuit, the current version he uses in the Arkham game allow him to leap from place to place really fast but only when he's achieving a combo with multiple enemies. Sure it's useful but as I said earlier a few punches from tall guys are lethal.

Batman's combat skills are quite impressive for a normal human although he lacks knowledge of pressure points like Batman in the comics and doesn't have many particularly amazing feats and even when he's wearing his suit a tall guy can kill him in three punches. WEAK. He didn't make his own stuff but his gadgets aren't bad and his Batmobile has a decent weapons system. He also has smoke bombs and a grappling gun but still, falls horrendously short of being the best in this sense. Also, his willpower isn't enough to overpower scarecrow toxin.

When it comes to his Personality and Origin Story they're the white bread Batman personality and Origin Story. He does look slightly different due to a different Batsuit. On the topic of that Batsuit, the current version he uses in the Arkham game allow him to leap from place to place really fast but only when he's achieving a combo with multiple enemies. Sure it's useful but as I said earlier a few punches from tall guys are lethal. Weakweakweakweakweak. When it comes to Misc skills Arkham Batman lacks decent escapology skills as we see he doesn't know how to loosen ropes by flexing and relaxing muscles(a common maneuver).

In the end, this Batman is less smart, fit, skilled, and equipped than many other Batmen. SO DON'T CHOOSE HIM! Okay?

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cool thing about the character is that each 'incarnation' of the being Batman is special in their own way. Dick Grayson's Batman was more agile, Tim Drake's Batman was essentially more strategically wise (except the time he was trapped and almost beat to death by Jason Todd), Terry Mcginnus' Batman had the best gadgets, and Thomas Wayne and Jason Todd's Batman just got stuff done with their brutality and loss of morals. Bruce Wayne's Batman is probably the most proportioned Batman stats wise, where he's agile but not as agile as Dick Grayson, he's intelligent but perhaps not as intelligent as Tim Drake, he's brutal but he isn't as brutal as Jason or Thomas. Yet he still stomps out all these other Batmen in the other categories in which you've listed. IMO the best Batman by theory would probably be Damian Wayne since not only was he trained as a child to be a killing machine and shown how things are done by Batman, but he's also worked closely with each and every one of the other Batmen I've mentioned (with the exception of Thomas Wayne and Terry Mcginnus) and he probably learned a thing or two from each and every character. However tech-wise Batman Beyond will always be on top.

No Caption Provided

Did you just say Bruce wasn't as intelligent as Tim Drake?

titing2101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52 said:

@titing2101 said:

Not to mock your opinion but instead, to be a devil's advocate of sorts I'm going to go through the list of criteria why I believe this version fails to be the best Batman.

Intellect:

Overall he falls short of other Batmen in intelligence as he doesn't make his own gadgets or tech, his Detective skills are reliant on tech he didn't make, 10-year-olds can and have reached the same effect using. and his Wits aren't ever used for anything like fooling gods(JLA) although he does use a variety of scare tactics and interrogation techniques he's not even in the bat-ball park and wasn't even able to develop a scarecrow toxin cure. Batman's combat skills are quite impressive for a normal human although he lacks knowledge of pressure points like Batman in the comics and doesn't have many particularly amazing feats and even when he's wearing his suit a tall guy can kill him in three punches. WEAK. He didn't make his own stuff but his gadgets aren't bad and his Batmobile has a decent weapons system. He also has smoke bombs and a grappling gun but still, falls horrendously short of being the best in this sense. When it comes to his Personality and Origin Story they're the white bread Batman personality and Origin Story. He does look slightly different due to a different Batsuit. On the topic of that Batsuit, the current version he uses in the Arkham game allow him to leap from place to place really fast but only when he's achieving a combo with multiple enemies. Sure it's useful but as I said earlier a few punches from tall guys are lethal.

Batman's combat skills are quite impressive for a normal human although he lacks knowledge of pressure points like Batman in the comics and doesn't have many particularly amazing feats and even when he's wearing his suit a tall guy can kill him in three punches. WEAK. He didn't make his own stuff but his gadgets aren't bad and his Batmobile has a decent weapons system. He also has smoke bombs and a grappling gun but still, falls horrendously short of being the best in this sense. Also, his willpower isn't enough to overpower scarecrow toxin.

When it comes to his Personality and Origin Story they're the white bread Batman personality and Origin Story. He does look slightly different due to a different Batsuit. On the topic of that Batsuit, the current version he uses in the Arkham game allow him to leap from place to place really fast but only when he's achieving a combo with multiple enemies. Sure it's useful but as I said earlier a few punches from tall guys are lethal. Weakweakweakweakweak. When it comes to Misc skills Arkham Batman lacks decent escapology skills as we see he doesn't know how to loosen ropes by flexing and relaxing muscles(a common maneuver).

In the end, this Batman is less smart, fit, skilled, and equipped than many other Batmen. SO DON'T CHOOSE HIM! Okay?

not much of a game if you want those >_<

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52 said:

@titing2101 said:

Intellect:

not much of a game if you want those >_<

What do you mean, titing2101?

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved arkham verse besides overly impressive pure detective skills(which his lack is to give gameplay elements) but he does show his usual perception in character interactions you just have to look.

But physically I feel like it really does him justice and the amount of armour and speed he has is very appropriate. Someone mentioned "tall guys" being dangerous and those special bad guys were so much more than that I would put them at an 8 foot tall comic book enhanced strength.

Before arkham verse I saw batman as a smart guy in tights good at fighting. But with arkham I finally saw he was so much more than any man. He is something so much more and deserves to be in the D.C. Universe with their crazy op heroes.

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52: Bruce said himself that Tim Drake is strategically more intelligent than him (or potentially more intelligent i don't remember). As they are right now, Bruce is smarter however it's heavily implied that Tim Drake will become smarter.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 anthp2000  Moderator

Injustice Batman.

Injustice in general pointed out how skilled people with passion for what they do, like Bruce, can accomplish just as much as super powered beings. Catwoman specifically stated that when she encountered Wonder Woman too which is probably the best quote in the entire series.

TAS Batman has his own moments. The best part of this version is that it's when he basically encounters every single ally or enemy who's going to follow him for the rest of his lifetime.

Arkham Batman is insanely interesting. Those were some of his toughest mind games in there. For most of the part, the individual villains alone have him on the ropes. And then Hugo Strange... My goodness.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My best Batman pretty much exists in my head as he is a gestalt of movies, games, cartoons and comics with a little of my own headcanon for good measure. He's as weird and messed up as Keaton, as good a detective as Conroy, as good a fighter with the same gadgets as Arkham, and as hulking as Affleck. Throw in his relationship with the Batfamily from the comics and amp up his obsession and paranoia and you have my Batman.

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itouchedtheboat said:

@area52: Bruce said himself that Tim Drake is strategically more intelligent than him (or potentially more intelligent I don't remember). As they are right now, Bruce is smarter however it's heavily implied that Tim Drake will become smarter.

Give me an instance that definitively shows Tim Drake will become smarter. Bruce once saying Tim could become a better detective doesn't mean anything. Writers make Batman say dumb sh*t all the time(point and case: Batman saying he isn't a good person) it isn't the word of god. Tim isn't even close to Batman's intelligence it's like comparing an autistic baby(Tim, a guy who had problems cloning Kon-El) to a real world genius(Bruce, a guy who can put together a teleporter in a few minutes and sever a connection to a magical universal force of nature).

ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52 said:

@itouchedtheboat said:

@area52: Bruce said himself that Tim Drake is strategically more intelligent than him (or potentially more intelligent I don't remember). As they are right now, Bruce is smarter however it's heavily implied that Tim Drake will become smarter.

Tim isn't even close to Batman's intelligence it's like comparing an autistic baby(Tim, a guy who had problems cloning Kon-El) to a real world genius(Bruce, a guy who can put together a teleporter in a few minutes and sever a connection to a magical universal force of nature).

lol I think you're having trouble understanding what 'strategically' means. It has nothing to do with biology or science in general. I don't even understand why you think Tim not being able to clone Superboy has anything to do with that, you also fail to understand that Tim was at most 19 when he was able to operate an entire laboratory to re-create him. For his age, if he continues on the same progression he'd be levels ahead of Batman. That's all I was saying

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By algorhythm511

For an overall display of feats in a short period of time, it would have to be Injustice Batman. The comics really bring out Bruce's Guerrilla Warfare skills. Plus, he has Injustice pill.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52:

You're discrediting Arkham Batman a little.

Telling people not to choose him when asking people what their opinion of the best version of Batman is is counterproductive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Michael Keaton he had the best soundtrack.

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Truth be told I created this forum to serve my ulterior motive. That motive is to share this little gem of silver age beauty called World's Finest Comics No. 172. I'm now going to show you how to present your Batman.

Name/s: Batman(originally Batboy) of Earth-172. Name: Bruce Kent; Born: Bruce Wayne.

First Appearance: World's Finest Comics #172

Origin: Bruce Wayne's parents were killed when he was in his teens and due to this universe not having an Alfred he was adopted by the Kent Family. He has top honors in every one of his classes due to his genius. He starts studying criminals and builds a costume and bat gadgets from stuff around the house. He defeats the 'nails' koker gang with help from his knockout gas. He returns to his room he shares with Clark and then opens up a hidden room that reveals Superboy's identity. Superboy thought he was a criminal but he reveals he is not and then they start working together as Batboy and Superboy. Eventually, Bruce Kent is 21 and moves back to his manor in Gotham and the Kent family joins him(Clark Kent works at the Gotham Gazette). Luthor fights them with a giant robot and Batman invented a gravity belt and uses it to fly. Luthor escapes from prison and captures Jonathan and Martha Kent(Father and mother of both Batman and Superman)

Superboy thought he was a criminal but he reveals he is not and then they start working together as Batboy and Superboy. Eventually, Bruce Kent is 21 and moves back to his manor in Gotham and the Kent family joins him(Clark Kent works at the Gotham Gazette). Luthor fights them with a giant robot and Batman invented a utility belt called the gravity belt and uses it to fly. Luthor escapes from prison and captures Jonathan and Martha Kent(He doesn't know they are the Father and mother of both Batman and Superman). Superman needs to power a city so Batman is told a bomb will go off in 60 seconds and kill them so he goes through Luthor's death traps: anti matter rays, androids, heat rays, more lasers in under 60 seconds. When he gets to the door and burns a ring through it Luthor prematurely sets off a bomb which kills the Kent family parents. Luthor thinks he killed Batman but then Bruce pushes a steel vault door off of himself and knocks Luthor unconscious. Later on, he meets Superman and tells him that he's leaving Gotham because of bad memories but quickly Superman whisks Batman into the 30th century. It ends with Batman being accepted into the Legion of Superheroes in 30th-century Metropolis and Superman fighting Penguin in 20th-century Gotham.

Intelligence: He's able to predict where the 'nails' koker gang will strike next. He invented his own gadgets from stuff nearby in the Kent estate as a child and when he was older he was able to manipulate gravity to fly using tech. His suit(that he made) is able to protect him from Luthor's blast ray and an explosion without being damaged. However, it did get ripped by Luthor's heat ray. He packs an acid strong enough to dissolve solid steel near-instantly in his gravity/utility belt

Physical ability/Combat Skills: When he first moved to Smallville he dropped the Smallville bully who was larger than him with a single punch. He is able to lift a steel vault door off of himself and is incredibly acrobatic and agile. He relies on his gadgets and agility more than his strength as he wasn't shown to have trained under martial artists, unlike the main universe Batman who is a master martial artist.

(Pull the image into a tab to view it)

Aesthetic Appearance: It looks like the silver age Batman costume as does it's belt however it provides superior protection and abilities. When he was the teenage Batboy the suit was made smaller to fit Bruce Kent's smaller frame at the time.

Relationship/s: This Batman is part of the Kent family and therefore is the brother to Superman and their relationship is that of loving brothers. This Dynamic is great in my opinion as Bruce gets a family and isn't orphan so he isn't a grumpy saggy naggy(though his parents die again later). He also is a member of the Legion of Superheroes and therefore is a co-worker to many future heroes like Cosmic Man and Brainiac 5.

In conclusion: He's incredibly smart, inventive, and strong as well as being more jovial than the normal Batman.

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52:

You're discrediting Arkham Batman a little.

Telling people not to choose him when asking people is counterproductive.

It's not counterproductive because I specifical stated certain criteria that the Batman is to be judged on and when I went over the criteria Arkham Batman didn't do very well meaning his choice was objectively bad. I'm not asking "what their opinion of the best version of Batman is" I'm asking what version of Batman is the best when judged on specific things. You'd know this if you had read my question.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52 said:

It's not counterproductive because I specifical stated certain criteria that the Batman is to be judged on and when I went over the criteria Arkham Batman didn't do very well meaning his choice was objectively bad. I'm not asking "what their opinion of the best version of Batman is" I'm asking what version of Batman is the best when judged on specific things. You'd know this if you had read my question.

Um, yes, your thread is opinion based. Get off your high horse, mate, you don't have nearly enough posts.

area52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@area52 said:

Um, yes, your thread is opinion based. Get off your high horse, mate, you don't have nearly enough posts.

If you had read the question and used normal human thought you would have realized certain aspects of certain versions of certain characters can be assessed objectively. Micheal Keaton Batman's costume isn't as strong as the Auxillary Suit from Batman Vs Predator. The Bronze age Superman isn't as strong as the Silver age one. Next time at least attempt to read more than just the title.