What is MCU Ikaris best strength feat?

SaiHuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is Ikaris best strength feat in the MCU and what tier would he be at?

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Great_Darkness  Online

I mean, the cloud feat that's supposedly like country lvl or smth. But it's a massive outlier and likely just a visual detail if anything. He probably scales to Gilgamesh's feats like shaking the ground with a punch.

He also made a decent sized shockwave when he escaped from Phastos's tech.

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like city block for tanking hits from makkari and embedding druig into the ground using his hv

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His bullrush is atleast island level. He didn't have many strength feats.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator

The bullrush is a huge outlier as pointed out by others.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 frozen  Moderator

I mean, the cloud feat that's supposedly like country lvl or smth. But it's a massive outlier and likely just a visual detail if anything. He probably scales to Gilgamesh's feats like shaking the ground with a punch.

His fall on the CV battle boards is honestly astonishing. Last year went from people wanking him to island level and above Superman to the vast majority saying Superman wins, with even multiple MCU debaters retracting their statements to say Superman wins.

I'd say he scales to Gilgamesh, but Gilgamesh striking is still below Shang Chi. Honestly he is probably below Spider-Man in pure physical strength and below Shang Chi in striking.

achillesspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

How is it an outlier, he wasn't going all out the whole movie so I don't see how you can prove it's inconsistent.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 frozen  Moderator

@achillesspawn: Unless you're implying he was "holding back" against the devinats, that's just a fan theory that had no proof behind it. He spent most of the film struggling with fodder far below island tier. If he could have just one shot them that's what he would have done.

achillesspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@achillesspawn: Unless you're implying he was "holding back" against the devinats, that's just a fan theory that had no proof behind it. He spent most of the film struggling with fodder far below island tier. If he could have just one shot them that's what he would have done.

He said he was stalling for time. If he one shot them it would be over quickly and he would have failed at stalling. It makes less sense for him to one shot them.

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
americanspeeddemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@achillesspawn: I don't think the 12 minutes of fighting he did was the stalling for days he was talking about. He was referring to leading them in circles about the mystery. Like literally Thiers are 2 fights and they both take a couple of minutes.

Also he doesn't one shot deviants in the flashbacks either.

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@great_darkness said:

His fall on the CV battle boards is honestly astonishing. Last year went from people wanking him to island level and above Superman to the vast majority saying Superman wins, with even multiple MCU debaters retracting their statements to say Superman wins.

That's the reality of Post-movie hype. But for most characters, they don't fall anywhere near as far as Ikaris did.

I'd say he scales to Gilgamesh, but Gilgamesh striking is still below Shang Chi. Honestly he is probably below Spider-Man in pure physical strength and below Shang Chi in striking.

Gilgamesh really had nothing of note in the movie. I personally think it'd be fair to assume that Ikaris is capable of repping Spider-Man's strength feats, but he has no AP feats anywhere near Shang Chi/Wenwu. He's like a mid-mid tier.

achillesspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achillesspawn: I don't think the 12 minutes of fighting he did was the stalling for days he was talking about. He was referring to leading them in circles about the mystery. Like literally Thiers are 2 fights and they both take a couple of minutes.

I'm pretty sure it took longer, and again I don't see why he would go all out if he's trying to make them think the deviants are the real problem.

Don't see why he couldn't have gotten stronger, and it's not like he struggled much.

Zafros13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did overpower Phastos right after Phastos stopped his flight.

IRONandFIRE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris always flying too close to the sun.

I had to

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

1. Aquaman has 1 impressive strength feat ( pushing a submarine) is that Outlier?

2. Doomsday 1 durability feat tanking a nuke in space. Is that Outlier?

3. Diana 1 feat of blocking Doomsday. Is that Outlier?

4. Superman ( couldn't save 1 person from an explosion, couldnt dodge rpg from batman, couldn't dodge bullets in 3 movies) only 1 fight at super speed. Is that an Outlier?

Are outliers only mcu...

Ajak_XV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably sending the giant deviant flying with a punch

SuperDarth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casually picking up Druig and Makkari and tossing them is an alright one.

Johndeyvido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii:

Outliers is a MCU thing...

You should know that by now, MCU characters can't have good feats..

OT: his bullrush is island level atleast and it's not an outlier

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 frozen  Moderator

@thanosii:

If you're implying that I'm singling out MCU, that is odd. Considering I'm the one who helped advance the arguments of MCU Spider-Man being a 2000+ tonner with ligtning timing reactions and Shang Chi being a high tier who scales to mountain+ tier.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 death4bunnies  Moderator

@frozen said:
@johndeyvido said:

@thanosii:

If you're implying that I'm singling out MCU, that is odd. Considering I'm the one who helped advance the arguments of MCU Spider-Man being a 2000+ tonner with ligtning timing reactions and Shang Chi being a high tier who scales to mountain+ tier.

This is true, tho we don’t always agree I’ve known frozen to back MCU and DCEU characters… and ofc other verse but I assume that’s what we are speaking on here.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 frozen  Moderator

@americanspeeddemon said:

I'm pretty sure it took longer, and again I don't see why he would go all out if he's trying to make them think the deviants are the real problem.

Don't see why he couldn't have gotten stronger, and it's not like he struggled much.

Ikaris is directly shown to have struggled with deviants in the Eternals 500 War comic, which takes places hundreds of years ago. He needs Sersi's help in one of the encounters and is nearly choked by one. In the same comic series, deviants are strongly implied to be susceptible to 17th century pirate guns. Ikaris struggling with deviants is consistently shown throughout this comic which matches what we see in the film.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@achillesspawn: @death4bunnies: @great_darkness:

Some recent discoveries I've made, can provide scans if requested:

All anti feats are from the Eternals 500 War comic:

• Ikaris is overpowered and choked by a Deviant's tentacle. Sersi saves Ikaris by slicing the tentacle with an ice pick
  • Thena and Gilgamesh are both stated to be weaker than a deviant which is strongly implied to be sub 17th century pirate gun level
  • Ikaris is unable to contain and put down a dragon deviant, which a gravely injuredadolescent species of the Great Protector (from Shang Chi) is able to restrain. Once he restrains the deviant, he allows it to get blasted by regular sky lightning which pretty much one shots the deviant. The deviant then falls from the sky and as its falling in its weakened state, Ikaris blitzes through it. Ikaris is weaker than an injured adolescent Great Protector, which would pretty much mean he is below an adult Great Protector... who Shang scales above
Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: That's... pretty bad for the Eternals. To be struggling with Deviants that can be put down using human weapons. I guess it's consistent with the Deviants being hurt by shotguns in the movies though.

Interesting, direct scaling that puts Shang > Ikaris. But why does the Great Protector appear in an Eternals tie in? Aren't they unrelated?

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: That's... pretty bad for the Eternals. To be struggling with Deviants that can be put down using human weapons. I guess it's consistent with the Deviants being hurt by shotguns in the movies though.

Interesting, direct scaling that puts Shang > Ikaris. But why does the Great Protector appear in an Eternals tie in? Aren't they unrelated?

I think I'm going to make a thread detailing these anti feats, because they suggest that the shotgun level is consistent. The deviants were said to grow stronger over time but its seemingly not by much. They get pierced by shotguns, 17th century guns and ice picks... lol

Well the issue with the Great Protector species takes place in China. It looks pretty much identical except slightly different colour scheme:

Species from Eternals comic:

No Caption Provided

Species from Shang Chi:

No Caption Provided

achillesspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@achillesspawn: @death4bunnies: @great_darkness:

Some recent discoveries I've made, can provide scans if requested:

All anti feats are from the Eternals 500 War comic:

• Ikaris is overpowered and choked by a Deviant's tentacle. Sersi saves Ikaris by slicing the tentacle with an ice pick
  • Thena and Gilgamesh are both stated to be weaker than a deviant which is strongly implied to be sub 17th century pirate gun level
  • Ikaris is unable to contain and put down a dragon deviant, which a gravely injuredadolescent species of the Great Protector (from Shang Chi) is able to restrain. Once he restrains the deviant, he allows it to get blasted by regular sky lightning which pretty much one shots the deviant. The deviant then falls from the sky and as its falling in its weakened state, Ikaris blitzes through it. Ikaris is weaker than an injured adolescent Great Protector, which would pretty much mean he is below an adult Great Protector... who Shang scales above

Wasn't the ice pick made by Sersi, so couldn't she have made it out of anything?

IIRC the gun shot the deviant in the eye and it wasn't even bleeding.

Reyne-TheAbyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Busting though a small portion of rock wall.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frozen  Moderator

@tighten_returns: @great_darkness:

Reading through the tie ins again, Ikaris is confirmed weaker than Gilgamesh.

And Gilgamesh and Thena combined were said to be weaker than the deviant that attacked the pirate ship.

No Caption Provided

IDragonov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He did create a shockwave with his punch in the first scene of him fighting a devient. That's something we don't see many other characters do in the MCU.

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ccbm2208

@frozen said:

Well the issue with the Great Protector species takes place in China. It looks pretty much identical except slightly different colour scheme:

Species from Eternals comic:

No Caption Provided

Species from Shang Chi:

No Caption Provided

Abit late but damn, I've never seen this connection before. Probably gonna get forgotten or retconned but it's cool nonetheless.

CosmicUni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ikaris is below Gilgamesh in strength and striking. So none.