What is batman's greatest feat with prep?

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bornstar

feats in terms of beating an opponent in serious tuff battles

JezzupWuzzup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Defeating Superman.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Taking down Darkseid with a homemade bullet..

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This is a flame war waiting to happen.

Tower of Babel is probably one of his strongest feats.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AAnge4315

Batman's history of feats from Post-Crisis till New 52, has already defeated Darkseid at least three times. Four times if you include Batman overcoming the Omega Sanction (Darkseid's final spite against the universe).

If you think Batman cannot beat Darkseid (In Batman's own terms), you've clearly not appreciate the Batman comics.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAZAHS117

Didn't he shoot Darkseid with a gun?...or was that the time he pushed him down a flight of stairs?...

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taking down MacGyver!!!!

I think Tower of Babel, as much as i hate it and i think it was silly.

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By legacy6364

Creation of the "Chew Force".

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315:

"Not appreciate Batman comics."

Nonsense. As I have argued with you on another thread, the number of instances in which Batman has had trouble facing criminals at the level of Ra's al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, and Deathstroke are much greater than the number of instances in which he fought planet busters such as Darkseid with no trouble at all. Batman has defeated Darkseid four times in comic history? How many times has he had trouble with Joker? How the hell was Bane able to snap his back if he could take on an alien warlord who has hundreds maybe thousands of years of experience and tons of superpowers more than him?

Batman is definitely in my Top 5 characters, but he doesn't have to beat planet busters and galactic conquerors for me to continue liking him.

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315:

"Not appreciate Batman comics."

Nonsense. As I have argued with you on another thread, the number of instances in which Batman has had trouble facing criminals at the level of Ra's al Ghul, Mr. Freeze, and Deathstroke are much greater than the number of instances in which he fought planet busters such as Darkseid with no trouble at all. Batman has defeated Darkseid four times in comic history? How many times has he had trouble with Joker? How the hell was Bane able to snap his back if he could take on an alien warlord who has hundreds maybe thousands of years of experience and tons of superpowers more than him?

Batman is definitely in my Top 5 characters, but he doesn't have to beat planet busters and galactic conquerors for me to continue liking him.

well, the same reason that everyone gives. Superman have trouble with Lex Luthor, who had mere human reactions whose intellect at best rivals him (Superman had genius level intellect), yet he can still engage in a struggle with Darkseid.

Inconsistencies do appear in comic book storylines because there are different writers and different scale of challenges involved

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inconsistencies do appear in comic book storylines because there are different writers and different scale of challenges involved

And this is exactly why the first members of this site invented the term Plot Induced Stupidity :/

AAnge4315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315 said:

And this is exactly why the first members of this site invented the term Plot Induced Stupidity :/

And here's previous comment referenced: "Superman have trouble with Lex Luthor, who had mere human reactions whose intellect at best rivals him (Superman had genius level intellect), yet he can still engage in a struggle with Darkseid."

Lex Luthor taking on Superman isn't PIS because such instances aren't outliers.

Inconsistency doesn't equate to outlier. Batman taking out superhumans isn't an outlier although it is inconsistent with the Batman comics at many times. On the same vein, Superman struggling with Lex Luthor isn't an outlier too even though in Justice League he fights way more powerful opponents.

I see PIS as more of Spiderman vs Firelord (SMvFL)

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Never needing a toilet break

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DBVSE7

Lex Luther beating Superman is no different than Batman beating Superman they know all him.

But.. when Batman is struggling with humans and not people like Darkseid that's where it's pis range. Superman struggling with people like him in terms of power is expected.

Batman struggling against his rogue gallery but beating characters on Supes level still baffles me.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't he shoot Darkseid with a gun?...or was that the time he pushed him down a flight of stairs?...

That wasn't the real Batman when he shot Darkseid, it was some clone.

Apparently the whole stairs incident was Darkseid acting and doing it on purpose.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gracetrack

@leonkarlen123 said:

Taking down Darkseid with a homemade bullet..

Batman didn't make the bullet, he found it.

I feel like his greatest feat is beating Darkseid's Omega Sanction and final gambit in The Return of Bruce Wayne.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gracetrack

@mysticmedivh said:

@shazam117 said:

That wasn't the real Batman? Pretty sure it was, because it was the same Batman who then got zapped by the Omega Sanction a half of a second later.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Fooling reader into thinking his PIS/WIS is ok.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Gracetrack

@dbvse7 said:

Batman struggling against his rogue gallery but beating characters on Supes level still baffles me.

Shouldn't really baffle you. If you are taking the time to read the stories, there is usually a pretty good explanation for why he struggles with a particular rogue, or why he is able to battle a Supes-level character.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He defeated Lucifer Morningstar and Pre Retcon Beyonder at the same time, while suffering from a hangover and using only his left arm.

But that's classified, don't go everywhere telling that.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omnicrono: I do, and it's still makes me wonder why. What Batman is able to do with prep against guys that would annihilate his rogues.. and is shown struggling against his own is interesting.. and annoying at times.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ariesxmasters

I don't know Batman has some interesting prep feats.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

armor suits come in mind

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
SymbioticSpider-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Kicking Spectre.

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anti-God Bullet, Tower of Babel, Justice- Buster, and Hellbat are among them.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315: Still no. Superman as a character always places a degree of restraint upon himself especially when he's fighting on Earth.

Most incarnations of Superman at heart doesn't want to fight Lex Luthor, so he tries to hold himself back and try to end the fight as soon as possible with least harm possible. Luthor, meanwhile, exploits this weakness and creates all sorts of technology specifically made to combat Superman. However, Superman is mostly depicted holding himself back less when fighting Darkseid, because he knows Darkseid 1) can take his punches more than Luthor, 2) is a sadist, and 3) is much more dangerous than most of his villains. Therefore, Superman having trouble with Luthor isn't PIS because in most situations he doesn't really want to duke it out with Luthor at heart, but knows that Darkseid must be stopped at all costs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Becoming overrated.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aange4315: Superman doesn't struggle with Luthor, Superman just doesn't want to kill Luthor. Luthor admits that, if Superman ever wanted to end his life, it would be effortless. Every writer always writes that Superman's biggest weakness is his heart. He's not willing to cross the line.

The same can't be said for Darkseid and Batman. Darkseid wants to kill, is willing to kill and will kill. Comparing Superman to Darkseid is a false equivalency.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

Lex Luther beating Superman is no different than Batman beating Superman they know all him.

But.. when Batman is struggling with humans and not people like Darkseid that's where it's pis range. Superman struggling with people like him in terms of power is expected.

Batman is used to fight his enemies, he does it everyday, due to the fact that he fights them a lot, he doesn't use his more advanced technologies, I think he prepares for a fight depending on his enemy, he will use something else to fight Superman and something else for Killer Croc. And I think Batman's most dangerous villans are intelligence-based.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@dbvse7 said:

Batman is used to fight his enemies, he does it everyday, due to the fact that he fights them a lot, he doesn't use his more advanced technologies, I think he prepares for a fight depending on his enemy, he will use something else to fight Superman and something else for Killer Croc. And I think Batman's most dangerous villans are intelligence-based.

That makes no sense, since his enemies can kill him too, if he has gadgets to take them down fast, there is no reason not to use this gadgets, since it would mean he would beat them sooner and savemore lives.

It goes against Batman character.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

becoming Batman

ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@dbvse7 said:

That makes no sense, since his enemies can kill him too, if he has gadgets to take them down fast, there is no reason not to use this gadgets, since it would mean he would beat them sooner and savemore lives.

I was actually talking about Bat-suits, he has a lot of them in New-52, yet he monitors Gotham with his normal suit, he won't use Hellbat or other highly advanced Bat-suits against his everyday enemies, that's what I'm trying to say.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@dbvse7 said:

The suits are for punching down buildings, something he doesn't need for Joker or Riddler, they are not a physical threat.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: He would need super speed and other things, the faster he deal with this people, the less harm they cause, the better, also isnt like if he only deal with this type of people.

Arnold Swhasneger and his ice gun, other villains with power, still he never use this gadgets and armours.

@zeroplus said:
@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@zeroplus said:

@dbvse7 said:

I was actually talking about Bat-suits, he has a lot of them in New-52, yet he monitors Gotham with his normal suit, he won't use Hellbat or other highly advanced Bat-suits against his everyday enemies, that's what I'm trying to say.

Still it makes no sense, if he could do things faster and save more people he would do this thing.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: He would need super speed and other things, the faster he deal with this people, the less harm they cause, the better, also isnt like if he only deal with this type of people.

Arnold Swhasneger and his ice gun, other villains with power, still he never use this gadgets and armours.

He only needs only hot chicken soup to take down Freeze, as for dealing with 'this type of people', he uses a lot of armor on a daily basis.

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating the Justice League, shooting Darkseid, and Tower of Babel.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Defeating Superman.

You mean making Superman his b**ch? Then yes!

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeroplus said:

@dbvse7 said:

Because he doesn't need to use it when in Gotham for the most part but he does use special armor when facing some of his villains. But it's the same reason Iron Man isn't going to use Hulk/Thor buster level armor against Crimson Dynamo, the treat level doesn't require it.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

whatever it is the crudload of haters are just gonna dismiss it as PIS for their benefits

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919 said:

All he did was make a gun to shoot the anti-god bullet. And, unless I'm mistaken, the Hellbat armor was made by the Justice League, not Batman himself.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117 said:

When Darksied's fortress was destroyed Superman found one of Batman's clones in the ruble and thought it was Bruce, but the real Batman was sent through time when he was hit by the Omega Beams.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice Buster...

I would say Hell Bat but the JLA helped him build it.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestormfate1919 said:

All he did was make a gun to shoot the anti-god bullet. And, unless I'm mistaken, the Hellbat armor was made by the Justice League, not Batman himself.

Agreed. The Radion bullet is the one removed from Orion's corpse. All he did was build the gun for it. Even then, it accomplished nothing. Darkseid was completely fine. Pretty sure what stopped Darkseid was the Flash Family + Black Racer + hundreds of Omega Beams. Tower of Babel, was not his either. He had weaknesses analyzed, none of that was really his. The Hellbat was made with ALOT of aid from the Justice League themselves.

Justice-Buster is truthfully the only thing he can claim.