What if Mcu Characters were as powerful as their 616 counterparts

Avatar image for avengergamer676
Avengergamer676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How insane would the mcu be if this were the case?(the infinity stones are also as powerful as their 616 versions).

vineswinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vineswinger

The movies would be terrible because they would be so un relatable. I think they would not have been a popular. I like my comics and movies separated quite distinctly. What’s good in a comic does not always relate to being good in a movie. THINK costumes to begin with and go from there.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are as powerful as their counterparts as far as any creator is concerned.

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They aren't, they are stronger.

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@the_hajduk: Thor director/producer talking about representing comic Thor powers in the movie. I think this implies they don't imagine him as weaker. They don't seem to talk about grounding him power level vise unless I missed something.

On the other hand, Josh Whedon straight up says Ultron is weaker than comic version.

Josh Whedon talks MCU Ultron power levels compared to the comic version

Another one

I haven't heard anything from Russos and the writers regarding this but they seem to think highly of the characters considering in-movie statements. Russos always say Thanos is almost invulnerable, take that as you will. The qriters also think Thanos can withstand Ant-Man growing in his butt. So, maybe they don't think of them as grounded power level-wise but IDK.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: The Russos have always said things that indicate they don’t separate the MCU with the comics. When talking about Thor tanking a star they just said “well what we always liked about Thor was that he was a god, so we wanted him to do a really godly thing in the movie, so we had him take a star.” When talking about Hulk surviving the snap they just said “well Hulk is the strongest there is, so only he and Thanos can survive a snap. We don’t know if Captain Marvel can.” Don’t even get me started on their comments about Spider-Man.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: I feel like things like that are why creators shouldn't be trusted with their statements... Obviously Thor is not a planetary threat like 616 is, and most comic writers have a good understanding of Thor's abilities when they write his stories. Directors thinking he's city level or so, or at least portraying him as such (which he kinda is in the MCU) is just their own ignorance on how powerful the character is.

The movies would be a lot less interesting if Superman and Hulk could destroy islands with the shockwaves of their punches, though.

Thanos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like they should be more powerful then they are in films but not comic level.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Somethings might not translate as well to live action to be honest.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

Thanos would've won even easier.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, that would mean really bad PIS would exist. Oh, wait, Civil War.......

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ccbm2208

@thespartanb345t: I imagine if some body ask the Russos on whether Thor is continential or not . They will most likely say yes but wouldn't bother to potray what they said on screen . Thor's ring feat is and will remain the only instance where the Russos actually come close to what they promise about character's power levels . I think unless a feat is heavily specified and describe in details by the screen writers , I think most of the time , the Russos just let the vfx guys do whatever they want and you know that those guys probably can't grasp power levels either or the context of the scenes they are crafting . Maybe that's why damage out puts of Characters of the same tiers may look magnitudes apart .

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

Then some high tiers might've stood a chance against CW Arrow.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

This stuff about the MCU directors thinking their versions of the characters are as powerful as they are in the comics has been going on for a while. Just watch the Russos' commentary on TWS. They literally bring up grounding the characters for the sake of them working in the movie medium better as soon as the Lemurian Star sequence, if I remember the timing right.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't need to make them as powerful as comics, you just have to make usage of their powers seem competent. Thor is supremely underutilized while they force Cap to be a bigger deal than he's. Lots of misfocuses and lazy moments is what ruins it far more.

Jucaslucasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean, if you grab an average comic book fight, it'll probably look like the ones we see in the movies. They just don't have the ridiculous high-ends.

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: They didn't say exactly that. They said that since the particular movie (WS) is tonally realistic, they extended that realism to what the characters can do in relation to the laws of physics. So I think that commentary may not necessarily apply to IW/Endgame but idk, unless you are talking about something else.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I mean, if you grab an average comic book fight, it'll probably look like the ones we see in the movies. They just don't have the ridiculous high-ends.

^^

Ccbm2208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@the_hajduk: Thor director/producer talking about representing comic Thor powers in the movie. I think this implies they don't imagine him as weaker. They don't seem to talk about grounding him power level vise unless I missed something.

On the other hand, Josh Whedon straight up says Ultron is weaker than comic version.

Josh Whedon talks MCU Ultron power levels compared to the comic version

Another one

I haven't heard anything from Russos and the writers regarding this but they seem to think highly of the characters considering in-movie statements. Russos always say Thanos is almost invulnerable, take that as you will. The qriters also think Thanos can withstand Ant-Man growing in his butt. So, maybe they don't think of them as grounded power level-wise but IDK.

I don't think the Russos really put in too much thoughts on the characters' power levels same with alot of other directors and writers . They don't really have concepts for "Outliers","High ends" or "Low ends" and other common tounge of VS forums . Those are really just stuff us debaters made up to try and create a powerlevel most suitable for the characters . But clearly when a character is crafted by different creators , they would have different ideas on those characters' potentials and power level . I think if you ask them , the Russos probably envision Thor to be a 10 billion tonner and immune to nukes and stuff like a legit god , same with other high tiers . Maybe they think even higher of MCU high tiers since the snap was stated to be continental or some BS .

However as we all know , by consistent feats . MCU characters are just not on that level at all and are usually seen as jokes on the battle forum .

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If 616 Thor replicated the star feat with the same explanations it got in interviews and stuff, people would abuse the hell out of it for him as a durability feat. Same with Carol scanning the planet in Endgame as a speed feat.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really aren’t that much weaker than their comic book counterparts. They got stronger every movie.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

They really aren’t that much weaker than their comic book counterparts.

Oh yes, because MCU Thor, Hulk, Thanos, Hela, etc are certainly close to their 616 versions.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: thor seems a little more powerful to me. He actually had powers without his hammer. He was able to call down lightning and seemed to be able to fly. Remember that whole god of hammers pep talk odin gave him. Ironman seems almost as powerful, also. The freaking hiulk survived a fall from the shield helocarrier (sp?). They have done some crazy stuff.

sirkaboom11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: But that's nothing compared to what the comics can do. Iron Man has taken multiple nukes. Can MCU do that? I sincerely doubt it.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There would likely still be a few users saying that they are street tier

poeticwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If people said Thor is close and Captain Marvel was the strongest superhero up to date, then she has a power up for the movie version?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

@takenstew22: thor seems a little more powerful to me. He actually had powers without his hammer. He was able to call down lightning and seemed to be able to fly. Remember that whole god of hammers pep talk odin gave him. Ironman seems almost as powerful, also. The freaking hiulk survived a fall from the shield helocarrier (sp?). They have done some crazy stuff.

Lmfao, you do know that 616 Thor still has lightning projection and all of his stats without Mjolnir right?

They are nowhere near as strong as 616. Not even close in the slightest.

Avatar image for sonochinosadame
Sonochinosadame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That only really applies to Cap, even then its not assured and an argument can be made otherwise

RJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Than thanos would still win

Joker567892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ninetoadclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem with that level of translation is that you dig yourself into the, “but why didn’t they just do X” problem.

Same problem with any higher power character.

Like if Thor and Hulk are the power level they were in the comic then nothing but the big bosses of each movie even matter. You would have to rewrite a lot of things.

Ex. In Avengers, those Chitauri (sp?) would have never made it out of that portal.

If you make everyone their level from the comics then the human characters really lose out on a lot of believability.

Avatar image for sonochinosadame
Sonochinosadame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892: this is the fourth time someone was joking and i thought they were serious

Lord_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joker567892 said:

That only really applies to Cap, even then its not assured and an argument can be made otherwise

It doesn't even apply to Cap

Avatar image for manofmanynames2
ManOfManyNames2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It honestly wouldn't change anything. Just characters being way more powerful.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: But that's nothing compared to what the comics can do. Iron Man has taken multiple nukes. Can MCU do that? I sincerely doubt it.

I don’t know. I don remember 616 ironman surviving multiple nukes in the comics. Also, the plot has to call for that. the comics ignore real world consequences way more than the movie. If a nuke hit in a populated area it would be catastrophic to the civilians and surrounding area even if tony survived. Then you have the radiation to worry about. some things that work in the comics won’t translate well in live action. They just look stupid and phony.

christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It honestly wouldn't change anything. Just characters being way more powerful.

You are right. They would just have more powerful enemies to fight or more PIS just like in the comics. It’s not like they are going to make a movie where the heroes just ran through everyone with no problems.

Avatar image for avengergamer676
Avengergamer676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Thanos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would mean EVERYONE is on the same level as the comics?

People wouldn’t say bullshit that Matt is more skilled if both have the same/similar stats. Same with Widow, all ‘peak humans’ would be OP as hell and It would be easier to see who’s the most skilled.

Thanos77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would still not accept their feats. MCU characters aren’t allowed to have feats no matter what.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cocacolaman  Moderator

lol at 616-level MCU Thor

Loki would have solostomped the Avengers, same with Ultron and Thanos

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

They are as powerful as their counterparts as far as any creator is concerned.

ha

Avatar image for deactivated-605ba917d46cf
deactivated-605ba917d46cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I'm gonna say is Cap would of died the second he fought Loki.