What if Bucky Barnes replaced Matt Murdock in DD Season 3?

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By teefurtree

Watching this season, I have such a hate for the villains (mark of a good show!) that I'd love for them to just get their butts handed to them. So, how would a super-soldier make out in Daredevil's place? Obviously anyone above street-tier would just obliterate everyone (and be quite conspicuous and loud, too), massively screwing up the continuity, so a super-soldier like Bucky seems like the most satisfying scenario.

How do you see Season 3 playing out if it were Bucky Barnes were in the black suit? Assume the same motivations, ties to Foggy and Karen, etc, and that Bucky refuses to kill generally, only to kill Fisk and possibly Poindexter.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He literally would have made Fisk and all his cronies disappear overnight. The Winter Soilders were trained for that shit. It would have been under his pay grade because they wouldn’t even see him coming. He would pimp slap Fisk with his human arm, and given how bad Dex jobs and doesn’t even use guns against Daredevil... If they come to blows Dex is going down hard, real hard.

Bucky kills all of Fisks men, rips off his head, and takes his plums as compensation for wasting his Saturday.

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By teefurtree

@symbiosis89 said:

He literally would have made Fisk and all his cronies disappear overnight. The Winter Soilders were trained for that shit. It would have been under his pay grade because they wouldn’t even see him coming. He would pimp slap Fisk with his human arm, and given how bad Dex jobs and doesn’t even use guns against Daredevil... If they come to blows Dex is going down hard, real hard.

Bucky kills all of Fisks men, rips off his head, and takes his plumps as compensation for wasting his Saturday.

Sweet. Sounds nice.

Do you think Fisk would be able to get any leverage over Bucky if things were somehow drawn out a few days? Loved ones, friends, etc?

Edit: Yes his friends are Avengers, haha...but some perhaps not that I'm not thinking of?

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um Season 3 of Daredevil is only 2 episodes. The recovery then the overnight stomp

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocket to kingpins penthouse, snipes Vanessa, plants c4 in Dex's apartment......

Actually no, Dex doesn't even become bullseye. The season wouldn't get that far.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rocket to kingpins penthouse, snipes Vanessa, plants c4 in Dex's apartment......

Actually no, Dex doesn't even become bullseye. The season wouldn't get that far.

Yeah, this probably, I can't think of a single situation in the whole Season that would be problematic for Bucky if he's allowed his WS persona.

teefurtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Oh I didn't intend for him to be in Winter Soldier mode. But I don't think it would matter that much if he's motivated to the degree Matt is, right?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingpin dies on his first day outside of prison. And as was already stated above, Bullseye wouldn't even exist, Fisk would die before ever having the chance to make Poindexter become Bullseye.

InvadedTBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He demolishes everybody but Dex still gives him minor trouble from far, but up close everybody gets whooped.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rukelnikovftw: Oh I didn't intend for him to be in Winter Soldier mode. But I don't think it would matter that much if he's motivated to the degree Matt is, right?

Well, he has morals when he's "just Bucky", so IDK if he would really kill Fisk right off the bat, I'm actually inclined to think he wouldn't, however... yeah, sooner or later things will escalate to the point that he will make the call, and finish Fisk. The latest it can happen is on the attack of the newspaper, Dex is not walking out of that alive , and Fisk dies within 24 hs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c607e387a408
deactivated-5c607e387a408

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teefurtree: no, anyone Fisk would try and mess with that Bucky knows would be a huge mistake. He doesn’t want the full might of the Avengers on him. If Fisk manages to have Cap killed somehow... Fisk is gonna have bit off way more than he can chew. He is under their pay grade so to speak. I mean, Fisk would be utterly screwed... what’s he gonna do to Vision or Thor

BatmanPlusJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatmanPlusJay

Bucky destroys. And I hated bullseye. He fought like he was scared for his life. Constantly throwing the most random objects. Dude threw a tennis ball and some duct tape and a stapler. It was funny to watch but it was annoying to see him constantly run from Matt and start throwing shit.

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky beats everyone overnight

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

It would be a boring show

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IndomitableRegal

Bucky identifies his targets. Bucky kills his targets. And that's pretty much the season lol. Tbh, I don't think the season would last long enough for Foggy and Karen to be in any danger.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

The assassins/soldiers/combatants of the wider MCU entering the Netflix shows would be well below their paygrade, and Bucky just so happens to be one of the best.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bucky was described as the most dangerous assassin in the world IIRC. I don't think he would lose here.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu said:

Bucky was described as the most dangerous assassin in the world IIRC. I don't think he would lose here.

When?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Credit to @dstreet45 for finding it.

Loading Video...

1:17:59-1:18:42 Context (Talking about Bucky during the Highway fight):

"When he's sent to kill you, you're dead and the only one who could barely escape is Captain America." (1:18:05)

"If Cap is the is the world's greatest soldier, he's the world's greatest assassin" (1:18:10)

"They're equally matched" (1:18:26)

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu: Damn thanks for providing this.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@tyger said:

Um Season 3 of Daredevil is only 2 episodes. The recovery then the overnight stomp

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He takes down Poindexter in the bulletin and destroys Fisk in the finale.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone dies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone dies

OP says:

Assume... that Bucky refuses to kill generally, only to kill Fisk and possibly Poindexter.