#1 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell us about something that you really liked about Bendis' Daredevil comics.

#2 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Spambot (7006 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read his run on DD.

#4 Edited by nickzambuto (26442 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is a bit more difficult for me to narrow down. I really liked Bendis' Daredevil but I can't think of many earth shaking aspects to it like Miller's run. It's just very well written stories, period.

One specific thing I will reap praise on till the end of time is the artwork. Made Matt Murdock stylish, Daredevil scary, and Hell's Kitchen grimy.

#5 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked how he portrait Bullseye as, well... pathetic, actually. Psychotic killer pathetic, but still pathetic.

Bullseye exists solely to be a bug for Daredevil to step on every few months, albeit a giant bug with claws and a shell and razor-sharp antennas and projectile venom and anything else dangerous a bug could have.

#6 Posted by invain (3994 posts) - - Show Bio

He had some good plot ideas. Outing Matt was very interesting. His run also had a few interesting twists. I really liked the way he wrote Ben Ulrich.

#7 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

@invain said:

He had some good plot ideas. Outing Matt was very interesting. His run also had a few interesting twists. I really liked the way he wrote Ben Ulrich.

The story about Leap Frog's son is probably my favorite from Bendis' run

#8 Posted by invain (3994 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: It's hard for me to pick a favorite from his run. Maybe Murdock Papers, Lowlife, or Hardcore.

#9 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by devitciiu (665 posts) - - Show Bio

Most things.

I really enjoyed Bendis' run on Daredevil but I'll try and be precise.

• I enjoyed how he handled the characters. He made Fisk seem like a real crime boss, one who gets power and plays the game but also find himself on the outs very easily. Bullseye was sinister and sadistic with out being overdone. The Owl was awesome and so was Vanessa, but I had not read anything with them before.
  • The courtroom. I liked how the courtroom was used to balance Matt's life as Daredevil and reduce his feelings of power. The courtroom humanized the character because he struggled and ultimately had to face the fact that his law and the law were not the same.
  • The art was great. It seemed like the natural evolution from what Tony Harris was doing in Starman, but Maleev made it better. It fit so well with the dark tone. The shadows really captured the environment of Daredevil. Also, David Mack is great.
  • I like the Catholicism, maybe it wasn't as subtle but when you do a story called the Decalogue you really aren't trying to be subtle.

I'll stop, but I could go on. I don't know if I like Bendis or Brubaker better. When I think about where Daredevil was before Bendis, I am just blown away. This made Daredevil a character I could read again.