#1 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

Name something you did like about Brubaker's Daredevil run, and then something you didn't like from it.

#2 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by invain (3994 posts) - - Show Bio

Brubaker's run was great. My favorite, next to Miller. I really liked Dakota North and Lady Bullseye. His reinvention of Mister Fear was great. The inclusion of the Hand was used well. I liked how Brubaker wrote the combat very well. He really knew how to make the action interesting. The Devil in Cell Block D is one of my all time favorite stories, and his conclusion, Return of the King, was also very well done. Micheal Lark's art also fit the run perfectly. Lark is probably my favorite Daredevil artist from the 00's.

I don't really have anything bad to say about it.

#4 Edited by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

@invain: I pretty much agree on all of this. I enjoyed Vanessa Fisk as the surprise villain much more than I thought I would.

As for bad stuff... I'm not sure how to feel about Milla's fate. That, and it's a bit... Matt's love interests keep getting fridged is a little overused. I get that it was not just for shock value but also to lead him to become the leader of the Hand ninjas, but still.

#5 Posted by BruceRogers (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

No complaints against it. But then I am a huge DD fanboy so I may be a bit biased :)

#6 Posted by invain (3994 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

As for bad stuff... I'm not sure how to feel about Milla's fate. That, and it's a bit... Matt's love interests keep getting fridged is a little overused. I get that it was not just for shock value but also to lead him to become the leader of the Hand ninjas, but still.

I didn't really care for Milla. I didn't dislike her, but I didn't think she was interesting either. She did not seem like more than Matt's girlfriend. That said, considering what had already happened to Elektra, Heather, and Karen, you didn't want to see anything else bad happen to Matt's girlfriends, so I get what you're saying.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (37980 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@invain: I pretty much agree on all of this. I enjoyed Vanessa Fisk as the surprise villain much more than I thought I would.

The buildup for Shadowland is really my only problem with Brubaker's run. The bad stuff is essentially the result of that.

#8 Edited by invain (3994 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman: I thought the build up was good enough. It just felt like Andy Diggle dropped the ball when it was his turn to take over.

#9 Posted by devitciiu (665 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the art. Lark is incredible. Brubaker's run is excellent. The most memorable thing is Punisher just deciding to get thrown into Rykers.

#10 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

@devitciiu: THAT was a golden moment:

No Caption Provided

Bullseye's transfer was great too. Shows how hated and feared he is, even by the scumbags in Rykers

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

#11 Posted by devitciiu (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Rover G is a pretty odd, but specific, name.

#12 Posted by waezi2 (19810 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Rover G is a pretty odd, but specific, name.

G probably stands for Günter :P

#13 Posted by TommytheHitman (5509 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Daredevil....