What (good) team movies existed before the Avengers?

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I agree that it would have been nice to get Aquaman, Flash, and Cyborg movies before Justice League, because, even though I do like BvS overall, it is clear they're rushing to catch up to where the MCU is. But the way some people are acting it's like JL has no chance of being a good team movie because all the characters were not set up beforehand like Avengers.

I'm sure opinions will differ on this but we've had plenty of movies of teams coming together to accomplish some goal before and all those characters would have been set up in just that one film. Sure, sometimes some characters would get more screentime than others, such as the case with Wolverine in comparison to Cyclops and Storm in X-Men, but it's still been done before and without needing to be a massive crossover of characters from previous movies to be successful or to have people like them.

Ghostbusters, the 2009 Star Trek movie, Mystery Men, Star Wars: A New Hope. Heck, Guardians of Galaxy works too. What other movies are examples of good team movies?

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By General_Disarray

X2, Watchmen

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess Transformers sort of though the characterisation of the Transformers is always secondary in those films which is stupid

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

All buddy cop films.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3