Posted by tethadam (1152 posts) 1 month, 22 days ago

Poll: What exites you more, Marvel Comics or MCU? (55 votes)

Marvel Comics 29%
MCU 71%
#1 Posted by LuminousHydra (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics. The MCU does a good job at butchering power levels and the characterization of their heroes and villains.

#2 Edited by tethadam (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

@luminoushydra: I would be expensive and hard to write consistant high level powers.

Instead of saving the day they would destroy cities in their fights.

#3 Posted by LuminousHydra (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@tethadam: Doesn't have to be very high. Loki can have more than just illusion magic and show him 1v4 the Avengers instead of having trouble with cap.

Thanos can have DD level of strength. Thor, Hulk and other high tiers can scale based on that. If FOX and DCEU, both of which have far lower budget for their films can do that, I don't see why the MCU can't.

#4 Posted by NotColdFace (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics. The MCU does a good job at butchering power levels and the characterization of their heroes and villains.

Pretty much this.

#5 Posted by Ghostodoofus2 (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on my mood really, sometimes I prefer imagining movement and sounds, other times I prefer seeing and hearing them.

#6 Posted by AstralOrange (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely the comics. I guess because I watch the movies because of the comics, not the other way around. Most mainstream fans watch the movies first or only the movies, which is fine, but IMO the movies are not nearly as cool as the comics. I still enjoy them though.

#7 Posted by Omnipotent94 (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

*Excites

#8 Posted by ImMadNice (1395 posts) - - Show Bio

Kind of both, I’d be lying if I said I read comics before watching the movies. My family and friends love the movies but will never get into comics so I guess I slightly get more hyped for the movies. Still a bad taste in my mouth after how excited I was for secret empire but ultimately let down

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#9 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (11730 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics. The movies are ok, but they dont reach the characterisation or story quality of the comics. Not even close.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#10 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17237 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies. The Marvel comics are terrible and it’s been like that for a while.

#11 Posted by Mutant1230 (6817 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies. The comics have been inconsistent for years now.

#12 Edited by GeorgeWBush (12509 posts) - - Show Bio

The movies have done more to popularize and cement Marvel characters and bring them to a wider audience and public interest than the comics have for the last 30 years

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#13 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4441 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Comics have been ass for years.

#14 Posted by PenguinDust (9385 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies. The comics have been inconsistent for years now.

This. I have the opposite view for DC, though. I prefer their comics over their movies and TV shows (although the Doom Patrol series is great).

#15 Posted by TonyMartial (9893 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Au_141 (1065 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Comics haven’t been consistently good since Hickman left so MCU by default. It’s a shame honestly cause the movies are cool but the comics are why I keep with Marvel.

#17 Posted by The_Magister (14457 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by g2_ (11984 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Comics have been ass for years.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
#19 Posted by EternalDarkFury (2733 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU as of late.

#20 Posted by Subline (8816 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU.

#21 Posted by Joker567892 (340 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU, Marvel Comics has overall not been very good(Maybe because "SJW" shenanigans :-) )

Avatar image for xzenix-everdeen
#22 Posted by Xzenix-Everdeen (3753 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU.

#23 Posted by Emanresu_20 (3113 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel comics as of now suck. MCU on the other hand is fun to watch.

#24 Posted by mrmonster (15992 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that this is blasphemy on a comic book site, but the MCU.

#25 Posted by joshua755 (4080 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU it’s just something I can’t put my finger on I guess to see the endless possibilities they can go and do in there Universe is interesting to me

#26 Posted by imagein (891 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU, easy.

#27 Posted by Stahlflamme (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU for the time being. Marvel comics constant events and marketing gimmicks threw me off and then you have writers taking center stage whose quality of writing I can find with the average fanfiction writer(and the average is really low woth fanfiction writers) doesn't help when they cry like thin-skinned fanfction writers over any criticism too.

I'm sure there will be books and entire periods of writing that get me excited for the marvel comics again in the future, but for the time being I'll stick to the MCU and check out the occassional book that looks interesting in the solicitations.

#28 Edited by njchrispatrick (327 posts) - - Show Bio

The MCU gets me more excited in the moment--because, of course, movies are designed to do that--but I get more enjoyment out of Marvel Comics overall. However, most of my enjoyment comes from the older stuff, as Marvel's latest has been... not good. I can't even nail down what it is that is going so wrong with them. At times it feels like they're trying to change and grow too quickly, while other times it feels like they're just trying to step back. I think at its core it is that everything Marvel does nowadays is all flashy short-term stuff. Events with no connectivity and character arcs with no point. I miss the days of enormous year-spanning sagas like Civil War/Initiative/Secret Invasion/Dark Reign, or House of M/Decimation/Messiah Complex/Utopia. Marvel's no longer writing to produce good stories; now they're writing to draw in moviegoers.

#29 Posted by HereForOneShot (174 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read Marvel comics in 20 years. The last one I remember reading was that of X-Man comics 90s fad (Nate Grey).

#30 Posted by Lan_Fan (16225 posts) - - Show Bio

The movies have done more to popularize and cement Marvel characters and bring them to a wider audience and public interest than the comics have for the last 30 years

Because the majority of the people are too lazy to read.

#31 Posted by RBT (29319 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU, no contest.