What Does Your Favorite Superhero Represent to You?

• 51 results
Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Barry Allen | Hope

No Caption Provided

Barry Allen has and will always represent the embodiment of hope in my personal opinion. This ordinary man was granted extraordinary abilities, abilities that would allow him to run from any and all problems that he faced in his life; however, he chooses to run TOWARDS his problems and face them head on, understanding that if you run for the wrong reasons you'll do no good in the end.

His final run during Crisis on Infinite Earths was always inspirational to me, for those who don't know, Barry sacrificed himself to help the heroes defeat the Anti-Monitor, and save the universe. His final words were as follows:

Everything that's ever mattered to me, everything that's ever been important, the lives of everyone on Earth and throughout our universe, in present and future, that's what I'm fighting for right now. I feel myself slowing down, my legs becoming stiff and leaden, but I can't give into the pain. Have to keep running, faster than I ever have before, running against the flow of anti matter forcing my energies back into the machine. Funny how your mind wanders when.. when you're so close to death you can smell it coming. Mom and Dad, you can't hear me but I love you so much. Iris, apart for so long and together so short a time, remember me Iris, remember how much I cared. Fionia, Wally, Dexter, Ralph, Sue, Hal, all the people I loved... lord it hurts me so much, forgive me for leaving you like I did, understand why. Please understand why. There is hope, there is always hope. Time to save the world, time.. back in time... do what you must to save the world.. we must save the world!

That whole speech, Barry reflecting on his final moments, THAT's what really got to me. He took no time trying to run away from his death, he ran right into it knowing it was the only way he could help save the world.

Throughout Blackest Night (after Barry's resurrection) we see him become a deputy of the Blue Lanterns, and that was a great moment. It allowed me to truly see Barry using hope as a weapon to fight for what is right, and it was awesome.

I know there are many many many users on here who dislike the Flash or the Flash family because of the battle forums, and it's a shame they can't get past the battle statistics to see the truly amazing thing that is the character of Barry Allen.

Anyways, I guess my little rant is over, but that's why Barry is my favorite hero, and what he represents to me. He is hope.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Public nudity is ok

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers