what do you think of fan service in anime?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
deactivated-5ad6141e8751d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

title

IAmVerySmart1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its okay for the most part.

If I am interested in the story of that particular anime and it has only a little fanservice, I would tend to ignore the fanservice and continue on comprehending the plot/story. In other words, its not so distracting as long as its not abundant. E.g.: Cowboy Bebop, or pick any highly-acclaimed anime.

However, if I couldn't care less for the story, fan service would pretty much be all I care to look at. E.g.: Queen's Blade.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the situation. It's usually okay but there are times where fan service could go overboard.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Basically depend on the anime. As someone said, if you selling yourself as a fan service like Queen Blade, I better get that fanservice, otherwise it feel like false advertising (I am looking at you rated M I wanna be the world strongest with only two boob slip). I mean just having fan service does not make the show good at all, but at the very least my my flaw won't lied on the fan service.

If you are per say, Ghost in the shell SOC, I am not expecting for the badass major to be wearing a skimpy ridiculous outfit that does not match the serious tone of the story. Fan service in anime where I am not expecting it, can be really distracting, but can also be used for comedy, or even smart commentary. But fans service for the sake of fan service in a show where you not expecting it, is just lazy.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Love it lmao