What do you think about Legendary Pokemon, or Mega Digimon?

Farenhajt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm using dub term Mega, and not original Ultimate, for Digimon, since, just like Pokemon dub names, is mostly more recognizable to people outside Japan...

Anyway, I always thought Legendaries had some powers that really makes them something else, such as time, and space control, creation, changing weather, etc...

In Pokemon Movie 1, there is part where Mewtwo causes big storm just by waving his hand with no effort at all.

As for Mega Digimon, I don't know, they simply always seemed insanely powerful to me, a lot of them being smaller than their lower levels, like all the power was more concetrated, I guess...

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MetalJimmor

Mega level Digimon are generally a solid match for most legendary Pokemon, with a few ultimates also being a solid match up. Myotismon would be a hard fight for most legendary Pokemon, as an example.

Generally speaking, it goes like this.

Baby Pokemon > Baby Digimon
Unevolved Pokemon > Rookie Digimon
Fully Evolved Pokemon = Champion Digimon
Fully Evolved Pokemon =< Ultimate Digimon
Fully Evolved Pokemon < Mega Digimon
Legendary Pokemon >= Ultimate Digimon
Legendary pokemon = Mega Digimon
Legendary Pokemon < Super Mega Digimon

Of course there is a toooon of variance to this. Renamon is only a rookie but is as strong as a champion and would be able to compete with fully evolved Pokemon. Digimon also has way more hax shenanigans at higher levels and more well rounded high end stats. Once you get into the god tiers things get wonky, but I'd argue the Pokemon god tiers aren't all that comparable to Digimon god-tiers. Arceus is a glass cannon if he can't negate attacks with his plates, and most god-tier Digimon don't attack with elemental abilities. They warp time and space and attack with gravity beams and black holes and crushing people with pocket dimensions.

Allowing Pokedex feats also works against the Pokemon a fair bit since the Digimon equivalent, databook entries, paint a fair few mega level Digimon as outright planet busters, which puts Digimon's megas on an entirely different scale of power from what we see in the animes.

Farenhajt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, but I meant it in general, meaning against any other universes, not just Digi vs Poke.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Most legendary pokemon are only strong if we take poke sex feats to account which are always inconsistent.

I'd argue anime versions of mega level and legendary Digimon are all mid tier with some gaming feat Digimon being really ridiculous

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MetalJimmor

Most legendary pokemon are only strong if we take poke sex feats to account which are always inconsistent.

I'd argue anime versions of mega level and legendary Digimon are all mid tier with some gaming feat Digimon being really ridiculous

Well now, those are some interesting feats indeed.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Not all Legendary Pokemon are Mewtwo-like powerful. Honestly, I think a lot of Mega Digimon are more powerful than several Legendary Pokemon.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Mewtwo is the most powerful Pokemon, still more powerful than Arceus. Arceus' power level is not easy to determine...he is supposed to be this Pokemon who created the Pokemon Universe yet in a movie he gets wrecked by his own creation...a meteor.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mega level Digimon are generally a solid match for most legendary Pokemon, with a few ultimates also being a solid match up. Myotismon would be a hard fight for most legendary Pokemon, as an example.

Generally speaking, it goes like this.

Baby Pokemon > Baby Digimon

Unevolved Pokemon > Rookie Digimon

Fully Evolved Pokemon = Champion Digimon

Fully Evolved Pokemon =< Ultimate Digimon

Fully Evolved Pokemon < Mega Digimon

Legendary Pokemon >= Ultimate Digimon

Legendary pokemon = Mega Digimon

Legendary Pokemon < Super Mega Digimon

Of course there is a toooon of variance to this. Renamon is only a rookie but is as strong as a champion and would be able to compete with fully evolved Pokemon. Digimon also has way more hax shenanigans at higher levels and more well rounded high end stats. Once you get into the god tiers things get wonky, but I'd argue the Pokemon god tiers aren't all that comparable to Digimon god-tiers. Arceus is a glass cannon if he can't negate attacks with his plates, and most god-tier Digimon don't attack with elemental abilities. They warp time and space and attack with gravity beams and black holes and crushing people with pocket dimensions.

Allowing Pokedex feats also works against the Pokemon a fair bit since the Digimon equivalent, databook entries, paint a fair few mega level Digimon as outright planet busters, which puts Digimon's megas on an entirely different scale of power from what we see in the animes.

Bruh, I'm checking out the digimon side so far and they seem pretty amazing!

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know that much about Pokemon, but Ultimate/Mega levels don't seem like a good point of comparison with the Legendary Pokemons. I don't mean that in terms of power level, but in terms of lore. Most Ultimate/Mega Digimon are just the last phase of their evolution. That makes them insanely powerful, but they don't really have a place in the lore. They also tend to vary a lot in power. Just compare the merely mountain-busting WarGreymon from Adventure with VictoryGreymon and ZeedGarurumon surviving an universal level attack and fighting in a galactic scale in Next.

Individual groups like the Royal Knights, the Seven Great Demon Lords or the Four Holy Beasts, which do have a place in the lore, would probably be a better point of comparison.