#1 Posted by Kidolio (613 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why he thinks this it's obviously not true and I would think that he would know that. He seems very knowledgeable about comics it makes no sense why he would say that since he knows about people like the Spectre and Dr. Fate. He says it's an opinion but they're heroes just straight up more powerful then him and he's misinforming people why do you guys think he said this?

#2 Posted by KingLouie (3001 posts) - - Show Bio

Fanboy?

#3 Posted by Supermanthor (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Aqualion0 (1469 posts) - - Show Bio

Lightspeed Naruto solos him.

#5 Edited by TheHercules (629 posts) - - Show Bio

He is just an ignorant guy (and what KingLouie said), everyone knows that Martian Manhunter and Barry Allen (and some others) are above him! :D

#6 Posted by Kevd4wg (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

Who cares

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#7 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it has to do more with the idea that Superman, above all. Will always be the one to find a way to win. No matter the situation he always finds a way to over come it.

Whether it’s in series like Crisis in Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis and assuming Doomsday Clock the universe or multiverse is dying/changing and all hope is lost and the one who saves the day is always Superman, he’s at the center of it all.

#8 Posted by Supermanthor (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it has to do more with the idea that Superman, above all. Will always be the one to find a way to win. No matter the situation he always finds a way to over come it.

Whether it’s in series like Crisis in Infinite Earths, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis and assuming Doomsday Clock the universe or multiverse is dying/changing and all hope is lost and the one who saves the day is always Superman, he’s at the center of it all.

i really want to know what dr Manhattan wants from superman

#9 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

They're wrong.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae
#10 Posted by deactivated-5c32bf8a2c6ae (193 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because he's the poster child for superheroes.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#11 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15429 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidolio: Spectre isn’t a superhero and I’d say Dr. Fate is powerful but there’s attributes that Superman has that he can’t replicate, and vice versa. This isn’t me saying Superman is the most powerful but he’s definitely up there in the DC universe, recently people have been downplaying him a lot.

#12 Posted by Pipxeroth (9135 posts) - - Show Bio

I've yet to see a comicbook youtuber who isn't totally ignorant on how powerful characters are.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#13 Edited by FullMetalEmprah (4038 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Supes outright stated he's terrified of having to possibly fight MMH? I don't even think J'onn is the strongest hero(although he's pretty damn strong obviously), I'd say that's someone like Surfer. Now if he had Superman is the most iconic, well that's arguable, there aren't many characters as iconic as Superman, mainly guys like Spider-Man.

#14 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9190 posts) - - Show Bio

They don’t no much about comic book superhero levels. Supheroes more powerful than Superman:

* Dr. Fate

* The Flash (Barry Allen)

* The Flash (Wally West)

* Ironman (God Killer)

* Thor

* Green Lantern (Hal, John and Kyle)

* Martian Manhunter

* Captain Atom

* Sentry

* Mr. Fantastic

* Silver Surfer

* Dr. Strange

* Wonder Woman

* Adam Warlock

* Batman (with prep)

These are just the ones that I can think of.

#15 Posted by Supermanthor (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

They don’t no much about comic book superhero levels. Supheroes more powerful than Superman:

* Dr. Fate

* The Flash (Barry Allen)

* The Flash (Wally West)

* Ironman (God Killer)

* Thor

* Green Lantern (Hal, John and Kyle)

* Martian Manhunter

* Captain Atom

* Sentry

* Mr. Fantastic

* Silver Surfer

* Dr. Strange

* Wonder Woman

* Adam Warlock

* Batman (with prep)

These are just the ones that I can think of.

#16 Posted by Au_141 (978 posts) - - Show Bio

Plot wise it’s true. Superman is hope so if anyone will win it will be him. Not sure if that’s what they meant though

#17 Posted by Trixie (998 posts) - - Show Bio

where did they say this?

#18 Posted by Kidolio (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@trixie: Variantcomics is a popular YouTube comic channel and he made a video about it but here’s the thing he didn’t just say in D.C is where Superman is most powerful he said in all fiction and let me repeat that ALLLLLLL OF FICTION which has got to be the one of the most wrong things he’s ever said since all of fiction is pretty freakin big.

#19 Posted by SuperHulk24 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

He is definitely up there.

#20 Posted by Stahlflamme (5694 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidolio: Yeah and almost none of it includes superheroes.

#21 Posted by BowdowntoDaddy (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Because superman is the posterboy for dc and has plot backing him. I don't know if they meant their statement in a literal sense or rather that superman being the most powerful includes all versions of him (even like superman prime for example). It doesn't necessarily mean they are referring to standalone superman. More in a general sense

#22 Edited by Kidolio (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@stahlflamme: You know I would believe that if he didn’t also say that he was more powerful than Goku who I don’t really consider a superhero.

Edit: superhero can be a pretty big spectrum because most people wouldn’t consider Dr. Strange a superhero if he wasn’t part of marvel since he follows like none of what we consider what a comic book hero looks like.

Edit: Most people wouldn’t consider Thor a superhero either if he wasn’t part of marvel because if you put him next to Superman they look nothing alike because Thor doesn’t really follow any of the superhero look

#23 Edited by Gracetrack (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just his opinion. Chill. Doesn't mean that it's a good opinion or that you need to believe it.

That being said, Superman is probably the most powerful A-list superhero. Guys like Dr. Fate, Spectre, and Silver Surfer are still very much B-listers in terms of worldwide popularity.

#24 Posted by StormShadow_X (16372 posts) - - Show Bio

It's his opinion. Even if it's not fact it's comics, there's hardly a definitive answer. Instead of acting superior because he doesn't wasn't time like us dissecting feats how about we just let him do him because quite frankly there's no point to this thread except talking about a Miley popular comic YouTuber and how he's wrong. What a shock

#25 Posted by Kidolio (613 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: @gracetrack: The reason I was so peeved was do in part by how well informed he seems about most things that has to do with comics but the thing that really got me heated was the comment section, I really need to stop going into the comment section of verses battles.

#26 Posted by Gracetrack (4629 posts) - - Show Bio

@kidolio: No worries. Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. But, everyone has their blindspots.

#27 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is powerful af and can be reasonably written to defeat pretty much any other hero. Of course there are certain versions of other characters more powerful, RKT, Adam Warlock, but I am fine with anyone saying Superman is the most powerful for the reason I stated above. And most of the characters more powerful than him are really obscure and some are just unimportant or irrelevant

And I question Silver Surfer being put above him since Thor has beaten Surfer before with little trouble.

#28 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Thor only beat Silver Surfer with little trouble when he was amped.

#29 Edited by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

OT, he is wrong.

#30 Posted by KanyeCosby (6968 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are sort of misinterpreting what he’s saying. I don’t think he was necessarily arguing that Superman was the most powerful based off of feats. I think he was more arguing that Superman is the most powerful based off more of a philosophical standpoint and his reason for existing. He was arguing that Superman was the most powerful superhero, because of what he represents and how he is used as a yardstick for other characters to be measured against. Now do I think Superman can beat any character in a fight? Of course not. There are a lot of heroes that would beat him. However, I do see his point though. I think when people say that this character is more powerful because he can destroy this or do that, they are missing the point.

#31 Posted by dngn4774 (5571 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevd4wg said:

Who cares

^This. If creators actually focused on power scaling, the stories would get stale fast.

#32 Posted by SmoothSanta (2207 posts) - - Show Bio

He's kind of the personification of a hero. More than anyone else, or most.

#33 Posted by jashro44 (52093 posts) - - Show Bio

It's his opinion. Even if it's not fact it's comics, there's hardly a definitive answer. Instead of acting superior because he doesn't wasn't time like us dissecting feats how about we just let him do him because quite frankly there's no point to this thread except talking about a Miley popular comic YouTuber and how he's wrong. What a shock

Agreed.

#34 Posted by Voice_of_Death (639 posts) - - Show Bio

He said multiple times during the video, it's his opinion. Of course it's not an actual fact, he made that clear in the video. I don't get why there's a thread discussing this guy's love for supes.

#35 Posted by Vertigo- (17683 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#36 Posted by Gaoron (8310 posts) - - Show Bio

Ignorance. Goku still one shots.

#37 Edited by yaoming (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

@jayc1324: Thor only beat Silver Surfer with little trouble when he was amped.

Uhh no... thor wasn't amped in blood and thunder. he didn't have the power gem and wasn't in warriors madness when he wrecked surfer.

not holding back/being angry/being bloodlusted doesn't mean you are "amped". thor isn't the hulk.

besides, he's beaten surfer pretty much every fight they've ever had. denial isn't a healthy thing my friend.

#38 Posted by BruceRogers (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

@yaoming: The higher ups at Marvel confirmed that Thor wasnt operating at normal levels of power due to his insanity and the fact that it was curable was the one thing separating it from warrior madness.

I've seen that not holding back excuse far too often and it still doesn't add up to him stomping people he would struggle against or lose to. Marvel's statement notwithstanding.

#39 Posted by yaoming (108 posts) - - Show Bio

@yaoming: The higher ups at Marvel confirmed that Thor wasnt operating at normal levels of power due to his insanity and the fact that it was curable was the one thing separating it from warrior madness.

I've seen that not holding back excuse far too often and it still doesn't add up to him stomping people he would struggle against or lose to. Marvel's statement notwithstanding.

post the proof of these higherups. there were no higher ups involved in that storyline or commenting on it.

marvel never issued a statement though, so again, denial isn't healthy.

he stomped them because he cut loose with mjolnir/his lightning.

he didn't beat anybody he hasn't already beaten outside of that story.

I also don't think silver surfer is above superman in any way outside of versatility. if all thor needs to do to stomp surfer is "go mad", that doesn't really change anything with regards to superman being more powerful than surfer.