Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Expect Spoilers in posts.

Title.

Edit :

Having just finished it, i was satisfied with what i saw, it was worth the hype. Great Fight Scenes, A much better written Danny Rand. The first 2 episodes were necessary to set up the team formation and meet up but three episodes felt like a drag on, after episode 3 i went all in. What did you think of Matt's "Death"?

Ranking the shows :

• Daredevil Season 1 - 10/10
  • Daredevil Season 2 - 9.5/10
  • Jessica Jones Season 1 - 8.5/10
  • The Defenders Season 1 - 7/10
  • Luke Cage Season 1 - 6.5/10
  • Iron Fist Season 1 - 3.5/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

8/10.

Daredevil Season 2 > Daredevil Season 1 > The Defenders > any other Marvel Netflix TV show

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nyhybrid89

8/10

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1Daredevil season 2 10/10

2Defenders 9.5/10

3Daredevil season 1 9.5/10

4Luke Cage 9/10

5Iron fist 8/10

6Jessica jones 7/10

10:The flash

1837:Arrow

Avatar image for celestialknight
CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CelestialKnight

7.5/10 if i were being harsh.

But 8/10 sounds about right.

Slow first 2 episodes but very understandable. I'm not blaming them, just remarking. Sad it's over so quick. I remember the excitement and impatience of the final hours before the release over here in the West Coast.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8/10. Overall it was really good.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked it. As I'm reviewing it though, there's quite a few nitpicks I have.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil season 1&2

Jessica jones season 1

Defenders season 1

CramAndman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the first 5 episodes were pretty good and the last 3 were a repetitive mess. It wasn't as funny, interesting, or well-plotted as it should have been and the fight scenes, emotional arcs, backstory, character motives were lacking. They also didn't use the supporting characters in an interesting way, all of whom should have interacted more.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loved it

Great fight scenes, the cast had excellent chemistry, and the ending with Daredevil and Elektra is one of my favorite MCU moments now. Alexandra was a layered villain and I loved her relationship with Elektra, and overall it made up for a lackluster Iron Fist and weak 2nd 1/2 of Luke Cage. The only issue I had was some of Jessica's moments were cringe (Stealing beer from a homeless man, constantly being a twat with angsty comments), but yeah everyone else was good

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

It's awesome. I'm glad they did Iron Fist justice.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RBT  Online

Pretty decent. Fight scenes were bad though.

StormShadow_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Honestly, I thought it was pretty good to 2nd half of Luke Cage meh.

Villains were a bore and not interesting (Considering who they were and the hype around that thats sad)

The Chemistry was decent within the team.

The ending was soooo...unnecessary

The best thing to come out of it was Danny feeling like he;s grown up a bit towards the end.

5-6/10

Avatar image for green_ballerina
Green_Ballerina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Green_Ballerina

Great show. Solid acting, length, and performances from everyone.

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saberscar223 said:

1Daredevil season 2 10/10

2Defenders 9.5/10

3Daredevil season 1 9.5/10

4Luke Cage 9/10

5Iron fist 8/10

6Jessica jones 7/10

10:The flash

1837:Arrow

I agree with this somewhat maybe a little off on the ratings but everything is in order imo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

8/10. Solid performances, plot, character development, and would put it in my top 10 favorite cbm shows, maybe even top 5.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
Ready_4_Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very good but I didn't like the conclusion, 2nd only to Daredevil S1.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Bakuto was horrible, but otherwise I really liked it. Really did they try to hype the guy who lost every fight he had in iron fist up for two episodes, then had him do nothing and in the and seemingly made him immune to pain because they realized he was really lame. Also amazing how Nobu was apparently more dangerous than every single one of the fingers short of maybe the telekinetic. I mean Daredevil took on his master and Bakuto simultaneously and barely took a hit, which only becomes weirder he has not been outfighting between the end of daredevil season 2 and defenders at all. And some of the fight scenes were really messy, especially when Gao fought Luke and Jessica. Suppose it's to be expected to a degree since obviously the actress can't do long action sets and you need a double for pretty much everything. Maybe they should have given her a mask of sorts.

But that's more or less nitpicks overall it was really great.

CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bakuto was horrible, but otherwise I really liked it. Really did they try to hype the guy who lost every fight he had in iron fist up for two episodes, then had him do nothing and in the and seemingly made him immune to pain because they realized he was really lame. Also amazing how Nobu was apparently more dangerous than every single one of the fingers short of maybe the telekinetic. I mean Daredevil took on his master and Bakuto simultaneously and barely took a hit, which only becomes weirder he has not been outfighting between the end of daredevil season 2 and defenders at all. And some of thefight scenes were really messy, especially when Gao fought Luke and Jessica. Suppose it's to be expected to a degree since obviously the actress can't do long action sets and you need a double for pretty much everything. Maybe they should have given her a mask of sorts.

But that's more or less nitpicks overall it was really great.

Agreed completely

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Coming from a huge fan of the MCU and an avid follower of the Netflix series, I'll admit I was disappointed in this show. The first two episodes were almost nothing but filler and exposition. Sigourney Weaver was essentially wasted and Alexandra might be the worst Netflix villain to date. Her motives were generic and confusing and I felt like I didn't even know her like I did Black Mariah, Kingpin, Killgrave, Cottonmouth or even Harold Meachum. Elektra was all over the place, she was brain washed, then she wasnt but still wanted to be a bitch, kill everyone and then die in Matts arms. Or the distracting hip hop music playing during the final episode.

I don't entirely hate the show, I'd say it's good but after so many great seasons of television from Marvel/Netflix it's easy to expect something better than what we got. Overall I'd say while this is a good show this is one of the weaker links for sure.

Daredevil Season 1 - 10/10 (Excellent)

Jessica Jones Season 1 - 10/10 (Excellent)

Daredevil Season 2 - 10/10 (Excellent)

Luke Cage Season 1 - 8.5/10 (Great)

Iron Fist Season 1 - 7/10 (Okay)

Defenders Season 1 - 7/10 (Good)

CelestialKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coming from a huge fan of the MCU and an avid follower of the Netflix series, I'll admit I was disappointed in this show. The first two episodes were almost nothing but filler and exposition. Sigourney Weaver was essentially wasted and Alexandra might be the worst Netflix villain to date. Her motives were generic and confusing and I felt like I didn't even know her like I did Black Mariah, Kingpin, Killgrave, Cottonmouth or even Harold Meachum. Elektra was all over the place, she was brain washed, then she wasnt but still wanted to be a bitch, kill everyone and then die in Matts arms. Or the distracting hip hop music playing during the final episode.

I don't entirely hate the show, I'd say it's good but after so many great seasons of television from Marvel/Netflix it's easy to expect something better than what we got. Overall I'd say while this is a good show this is one of the weaker links for sure.

Daredevil Season 1 - 10/10 (Excellent)

Jessica Jones Season 1 - 10/10 (Excellent)

Daredevil Season 2 - 10/10 (Excellent)

Luke Cage Season 1 - 8.5/10 (Great)

Iron Fist Season 1 - 7/10 (Okay)

Defenders Season 1 - 7/10 (Good)

I agreed that it took a little too long to set up. The show was short enough with only 8 episodes compared to each of the individuals' shows of 13 episodes. And yet the first 2 episodes were too slow to get going. It was understandable that they needed to take the time to make all 4 paths link but the execution came off a bit boring and too long. Good writing should be able to set up the show and get going while simultaneously still implementing a higher entertainment value in the first 2 episodes. It was short enough with 8 episodes but we lost the first 2 episodes to too much filler and exposition like you said, which I agree.

exav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

way better then solo cage and iron fist

the 8 episodes format was great

chechenwolf876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1/10.

BlindingLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Daredevil Season 1 - 9.5/10
  2. Jessica Jones Season 1 - 9/10
  3. Daredevil Season 2 - 7/10
  4. The Defenders - 7/10
  5. Luke Cage Season 1 - 6.5/10
  6. Iron Fist Season 1 - 4.5/10
Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't care for the show outside of the Daredevil related content. I actually skipped everything that wasn't Daredevil, I was so bored. I have no interest in seeing the other characters solo shows.

I enjoyed Daredevil, Elektra, and Stick, and I was happy to see more of them!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

8/10.

Daredevil Season 2 > Daredevil Season 1 > The Defenders > any other Marvel Netflix TV show

This. Only I give it a 7

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

It was good enough that I enjoyed it but I feel disappointed about it honestly. There were a lot of stupid lines and the fights were mostly lackluster. Still, it was good.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Thor-Parker
Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What did you think of Matt's "Death"?

It was executed perfectly even though I know he would somehow survive, the feels when everyone walks through that door and Karen & Foggy just keep waiting and Matt never comes, that scene killed me, very emotional, I pretty much knew that Daredevil somehow would survive but that scene was executed perfectly.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good, but when are Luke and Danny gunna f*ck? We all see it coming with the look he gave him...

No Caption Provided

In all seriousness though, I thought it was great for character development but lackluster in its own plot and action. Good but not as amazing as it could've been if they gave it more time and money.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the show is really amazing. A perfect build up to them all meeting each other, great action, and besides a few of the side characters (Colleen and Claire), the characterizations and interactions between everyone were really nicely done. And that last scene where the Defenders fight Elektra and the Hand, leading up to Matt's beautiful and touching moment with Elektra was flawless. I like that Matt's death had an effect on everyone, even those who barely knew him. Danny was still an overemotional, immature character but if he is consistently written like that I think it is tolerable. Looking forward to DD season 3, and I really hope Elektra survived too. If Matt did then she definitely had to have been able to. Hope we see Matt mourn Stick at least a little bit too

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

I loved the first 4 episodes, the last 5 not so much.

I wanted to see more of them together as a group. As it stands, they did not earn the right to use Come As You Are for these guys.

Good news is Luke and Danny really worked together, Heroes For Hire would be greatly preferable to second seasons for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Really disappointed in Claire Temple's role, this is the culmination of 5 seasons of TV and I expected a satisfying justification for why it was her who was the most significant constant.

khazgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By khazgore

daredevil S01 high 9/10
daredevil s02 low 9/10
defenders high 8/10
luke cage mid 7/10
jessica jones mid 7/10
iron fist mid 7/10

tho i hoped for a way stronger villain than awakened electra.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I marathoned it yesterday and I give it a 7 out of 10. I believe there were some plot-logic problems, and the first two episodes were a bit slow. By episode three things picked up and it was mostly good to the end. The middle four episodes are probably the best of the eight. I know that color and sound are distinct to each character's previous outing, but it felt a bit heavy handed early on, as well; almost Power Ranger-like. Look at all this red lighting, now were in a Matt scene, listen to that hip-hop, now we're in a Luke Cage scene, hear that whining, now were in an Iron-Fist scene, etc... Speaking of which, the fight choreography was much improved in this series over Iron-Fist. As for the others, predictably Matt Murdock was excellent and I really enjoyed Luke Cage once again, but it was Jessica Jones who was the most entertaining since she seemed to realize how ridiculous all of this was even though she herself has superpowers. Speaking of which it was good to see her flex her muscles. I never finished her solo series but I am far more compelled to now. She's pretty cool when she's not being depressed all of the time.

1. Daredevil Season 1 --- 9/10 [final episode feels out of place compared to the grittiness of the previous episodes, also 1st red costume looks off]
  2. Daredevil Season 2 --- 7.5/10 [Punisher arc is 10/10, Electra arc is 6/10]
  3. Luke Cage Season 1 --- 7/10 [looses steam after episode 7, but not entirely]
  4. The Defenders Season 1 --- 7/10
  5. Jessica Jones Season 1 (tentative score based on first 5 episodes) --- 6.5/10 [didn't finish yet, liked characters but story is slow moving]
  6. Iron-Fist Season 1 --- 5.5/10 [first 6 episodes are subpar, also character is a whiny little bitch]
Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MarvelandDCfan24

I really didn't get the hands motivation first they were dying next their going to destroy NY then they needed a substance ummm what and getting the substance was going to destroy NY then they wanted to go home didn't get the whole underground fossil caves what were those supposed to be? I figured that iron fist was going to open a door to kunlun but no

Charters were good though JJ DD and LC were great IF is a punk

7/10

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it. I think it was the most fun, most action packed Marvel Netflix series of all. Not the best Marvel Netflix series, but the most fun to watch, if that makes sense.

• Daredevil season 2: 10/10
  • Daredevil season 1: 10/10
  • The Defenders: 10/10
  • Iron Fist: 7/10
  • Luke Cage: 6/10
  • Jessica Jones: 5/10
Hypnos0929

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it was ok but I was mad Luke Cage seemed so depowered, he got knocked back by basically everyone. And another thing they should have brought the Judas bullets into the show, you're a billion dollar crime syndicate you have the money so use it.

Overall 7/10

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Plot was weak, but all the character interactions were fun. The fights were mostly fun except that last one. That music that randomly starts during the last fight is completely out of place and retarded lol.

• DD S1: 8.5/10
  • JJ: 8/10
  • IF: 7/10
  • TDs: 7/10
  • DD S2: 4/10
Avatar image for celestialarcher
CelestialArcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was amazing

weavile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was good but the villain are meh. Only Gao and Murakami are somewhat a threat. Ironically both are Asian. Also

I think the whole ending of Iron Fist mean he's banished from Kun Lun, since we saw that all five fingers cannot go back, let alone attack.

Danny has some improvement but still make you wonder what did he learn at Kun Lun

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thought it was pretty great

DD S2>Defenders>DD S1> Luke Cage>Iron Fist>Jessica Jones

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was okay. Nothing amazing, nothing bad just okay. 7/10

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the first 4 episodes, the last 5 not so much.

I wanted to see more of them together as a group. As it stands, they did not earn the right to use Come As You Are for these guys.

Good news is Luke and Danny really worked together, Heroes For Hire would be greatly preferable to second seasons for Luke Cage and Iron Fist.

Really disappointed in Claire Temple's role, this is the culmination of 5 seasons of TV and I expected a satisfying justification for why it was her who was the most significant constant.

Agree on them not working together enough as a group. It definitely seems to be setting up a Heroes for Hire season. Not really disappointed in Claire's role. She was never meant to be that much for than a means for bringing them together. Its her desire to help others that kept her in the mix and became a means for them to join up. Also glad to see Misty quite likely being set up to join HFH with Colleen.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_stegman  Moderator

It was executed perfectly even though I know he would somehow survive, the feels when everyone walks through that door and Karen & Foggy just keep waiting and Matt never comes, that scene killed me, very emotional, I pretty much knew that Daredevil somehow would survive but that scene was executed perfectly.

Not sure if I liked them revealing he was still alive at the end. Should have saved it for his third season

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By The_Kidd

Aside from seeing The Defenders interact with eachother there wasn't much to it. Ironically this the only MCU Netflix series I think needed more episodes.

6.5/10.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 morpheus_  Moderator

@thor_parker82: Elektra kicks Matt into a puddle during the final fight and the camera zooms on his hands for a moment. Presumably he was detecting a weak foundation on the ground by touch, which somehow enabled him and Elektra escape. At least that's what I got from it.

nickzambuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot was weak, but all the character interactions were fun. The fights were mostly fun except that last one. That music that randomly starts during the last fight is completely out of place and retarded lol.

• IF: 7/10
  • TDs: 7/10
  • DD S2: 4/10

You mean the rap music? Defenders had more than a few moments where rap music started up and I think it worked. The idea obviously originated from Luke Cage, but I think it works to get the hype up.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wut

I wasn't a fan of the pace. It felt like a really long action movie, and a lot of it happened so fast that any emotional connection I was supposed to feel during.. many areas just didn't get established. I was hoping for a lot more, but I rather enjoyed Alexandra and was not a fan of Elektra.

Anyways, my look on it:

• Luke Cage: 7.5/10
  • Defenders: 7/10
  • Iron Fist: 6/10
  • DD S2: 6/10 (I only really liked the Punisher, the rest of it was... eh.)

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Not sure if I liked them revealing he was still alive at the end. Should have saved it for his third season

Pretty much everyone watching the shows knows there is a third season of Daredevil coming up, so the reveal wasn´t out of place, I doubt someone actually believed he´d be dead, especially with another season already confirmed.

@thor_parker82: Elektra kicks Matt into a puddle during the final fight and the camera zooms on his hands for a moment. Presumably he was detecting a weak foundation on the ground by touch, which somehow enabled him and Elektra escape. At least that's what I got from it.

I never noticed that, I´ll pay more attention when I re-watch it.