What did the Nolanverse do better than the comics?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BlueHope

Bane, comics Bane would never be in my top 10 batman villains but his movie version is just awesome, he's my favorite kind of villain the charismatic kind,a villain that you can see why people follow his orders and ideals, unlike Loki that is so uncharismatic that you can't imagine people irl obeying his demands even if he threatened to nuke the entire world.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The Joker.......

TinyFord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Literally almost everything. Looking at my profile pic you will see that Batman is my favourite superhero from the DC universe and of course then that must mean that I've read a lot of Batman comics (and well it does).

Now not to appear bias but I have to admit Christopher Nolan is my favorite writer of all time (inception, intersteller, memento) so that might mean I'll just back his takes on anything above the old.

Nolan succeeded in writing Batman as one of the darkest and most mysterious heroes in any movie ever while he had inspiration like old george cloony movies to work with (that must've been hard).

Scarecrow who is possibly one of the worst villians from the comics was revived and portrayed as a true menace.

Joker of course was nothing short of the madman we've come to fear in the killing joke, but Nolan surpassed that with scenes like the hospital blowing up and Joker not even turning around to see the world burn.

Bane was a true mastermind and a brute while in the comics he is mostly just brutish.

As for the gadgets let's just all agree we've never seen anything as cool as Nolan's idea for the batmobile.

To point out the things the comics did better. It makes Batman out as a superhero because he mastered every martial art ever. The nolan trilogy made him out as a Ninjago expert and that could easily have been portrayed by jackie chan then. Even worse was that Batman studied Ninjago but for 99% of the film he fought in an MMA style. This made batman not look like a superhero but just a trained fighter. Also when Batman killed two face I felt Nolan took way too big a leap and limited Batman's ability to rescue two face from falling.

What I do feel was one of the worst errors Nolan made and one of the worst any person can make. Was to recast the role of Rachel Dawes and just expect of the audience to know that this is what happened.

Hush114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ganon15: The Tumblr is by far the coolest Batmobile in both film and comics, it will never be topped.

Movie Bane was the best take on the character, they brought depth to bane that you dont really see in the comics.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Just_Banter

Realism

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Lucas Fox. Morgan Freeman brought a presence to the character which had been lacking in the comics and animated versions.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's characterization & The Joker. Sometimes people write Batman like an unlikable asshole,glad they didn't.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lucas Fox and Bane.

StarDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol @ doing the Joker better

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ganon15: The Nolan-verse did nothing better than the comics. Every scene of his movies can be traced back to a comics. And each of these comics are better than what was done in the movie.

But I will agree that the actors all did a good job doing what they had to do. Also that the movies version of each characters are far from their worst incarnations.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman's character development. Bruce was actually allowed to get past his issues and move on with his life.

Batman's characterization and abilities. This Batman wasn't written to be invincible, and actually acted like a human being with emotions rather than the stoic "MY PARENTS ARE DEAD"-man trap that many writers fall into.

Gordon. Much more willing to question Batman and his methods, and their partnership was a lot more tumultuous, which made the dynamic more interesting.

Lucius Fox. Morgan Freeman, man. Come on.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anthp2000  Moderator

Nothing.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Bane was a true mastermind and a brute while in the comics he is mostly just brutish.

Bane in Nolanverse wasn't a mastermind. He was reduced to Talia's henchman.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane in Nolanverse wasn't a mastermind. He was reduced to Talia's henchman.

He was still a charismatic leader and an great strategist. He did most of the job for her and their relationship was more family-like than subordination.

Avatar image for ultra_supermanking
Ultra_SupermanKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How catwoman looks. Comic catwoman=ugly Nolan catwoman= hot.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By jumpstart55
  • The Nolanverse made a fan of the Joker(A chrachter whose appeal i couldn't understand until Nolan) and he also made me a massive fan of Bane.(And made me go back and finish Knighfall, a comic that i now love)
  • But besides that Nolans trilogy literally did nothing better then the comics.
Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By Yassassin

Locus Fox.

That's about it, really.

lol @ anyone saying Bane. Dixion's Bane shits all over Nolan's.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eto said:

@jb681131: I disagree,

Lucas Fox was awesome.

I will agree on that.

Bardock52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JarlBallin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a damn thing

majin77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By majin77

Joker was better in my opinion. While wanting a good laugh, he wasn't afraid of being a little serious with it. Comics have better action sequences tho, which is why I prefer Ben Afflecks Batman a little more due to his more comic like fight style. Very fast paced and smooth.