What did Everybody Think of... (Infinity War Spoilers!!!)

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

...The Long awaited scene of Captain America being able to Hold Thanos Punch? This Forum went into Complete Meltdown when the second trailer was released and that Scene Dominated Comic vine with Countless Theories on how Cap was able to do the Unthinkable. The most common Theory was he must of had the Soul Stone.

Now that we have Actually seen it and Know that he didn't have the Soul Stone, and it was another Major Russo force Feat, What are your Opinions on it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't think we really need to put too much into it. We saw once Thanos got serious he disposed of Cap easily.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think power levels were jumpy in this film, in the sense that at times characters like thanos, vision and cap etc were stronger at some points and weaker at others so it was unclear as to what people were capable of and what could hurt them. in the trailer it was impressive but since thanos just knocked him out cold just as easily after makes it feel a little less cool.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many theories went behind that scene and it turns out to be exactly what it looked like..

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: What was that? The Russo Force?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RBT

If it was someone like Vision holding back Thanos, then a case could be made for Vision being comparable to Thanos in strength. But since it was Cap, it was likely PIS. I don't understand what the point of that scene was either.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Mrnoital

@rbt said:
@skywalker95 said:

If it was someone like Vision holding back Thanos, then a case could be made for Vision being comparable to Thanos in strength. But since it was Cap, it was likely PIS. I don't understand what the point of that scene was either.

it was to show the power of 'Murica

Thanos couldn't outright overpower him and had to throw an extra punch

(people say Thanos was toying with him, but he was trying to get the last infinity stone, he was not playing around)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49375365792
deactivated-5e49375365792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He is the Captain for a reason.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital:

(people say Thanos was toying with him, but he was trying to get the last infinity stone, he was not playing around)

He certainly did not look like he was toying with him either.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11 JediXMan  Moderator

I legit thought Thanos was holding back when I saw the trailer.

... that was not the indication in the movie. Thanos oneshot Cap earlier with the Power Stone, then Cap got up and went after Thanos again.

bflynn316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think for me the real difference was tone and use of slow motion. Cap basically stood up to him for what amounted to 2 seconds in the context of the film and he was just one in a long list of heroes trying to stop him, but in the trailer they made it seem like he was having some dramatic last stand against him while that was really Scarlet Witch.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@rbt said:

@mrnoital:

He certainly did not look like he was toying with him either.

yeah, thats not the face of someone toying with something

No Caption Provided

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i think power levels were jumpy in this film, in the sense that at times characters like thanos, vision and cap etc were stronger at some points and weaker at others so it was unclear as to what people were capable of and what could hurt them. in the trailer it was impressive but since thanos just knocked him out cold just as easily after makes it feel a little less cool.

This

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Quite frankly I thought Thanos was just seeing what Cap could do. Like he knows Cap isn't a real threat to him and he has no reason to waste the stones energies on him, plus he knew he had all the time in the world since he now has the Time Stone as well.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don’t think Cap was any real challenge to him. Thanos’s attitude to most people throughout the movie was one of not perceiving anyone as a legitimate threat.

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor and Scarlet Witch embarrassed Thanos too during the same arc. Power scaling was done poorly.