Avatar image for hawk
#1 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was at Dallas comic con a couple of weeks ago and buying comics. I come across a couple of comics that I have and they are marked $40 dollars, (New Mutants) now I'm a little confused cause this one I didn't really think anything about. 

I keep looking and see a couple other comics that I have and take a look at the price. $75. Humm?(Frank Miller Wolverine) So I keep on moving. Now I'll say this. The comics I have are in incredible shape! They are all in plastic and in boxes stored at room temp. So I'm doing ok........I guess. But I'll never sell any of them. Here are some of the comics I have that are pretty valuable.











No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for the_martian
#2 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't think I have a really expensive issue. If I have a first appearance of somebody its usually a reprint, so it still isn't worth that much. My first comic I got was one of the gaint sized comics and its of Superman vs Spider-Man. Have no clue if its worth something.


No Caption Provided

Avatar image for hawk
#3 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice cross over. I'll give you $1.50 LMAO!

Avatar image for the_martian
#4 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"Nice cross over. I'll give you $1.50 LMAO!"
Yeah, I have no idea how much books or worth. I may have some expensive one shoved in a pile with my latest issue of Amazing Spidey LOL
Avatar image for kurrent
#5 Posted by Kurrent (14336 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the Spider man Obama 2nd Print I guess that is worth a lot or should be....lol

Avatar image for hawk
#6 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"I have the Spider man Obama 2nd Print I guess that is worth a lot or should be....lol"
Nah....gimmick.

It's like The Death of Superman's that I have. I've got everyone of those damn books...ain't worth shit. Also Batman's back breaking. blah.

Avatar image for thedrifter
#7 Posted by TheDrifter (24811 posts) - - Show Bio

Not exactly a comic but I have this signed and it's one of the first thousand made out of three thousand.
Not exactly a comic but I have this signed and it's one of the first thousand made out of three thousand.
Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
#8 Posted by Spider-Pantrelli (1742 posts) - - Show Bio

The most expensive one I can think of at the moment is a signed issue of Back In Black in Amazing Spider-Man but I think I have some more...

Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

lol i dont think i have anything of worth this might be it though if anything

Avatar image for asymmetrical
#10 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

I used milehighcomics...and apparently my copy of


No Caption Provided

is worth $35.00...which is more than 10 times what I paid for it
Avatar image for geraldthesloth
#11 Posted by geraldthesloth (32690 posts) - - Show Bio

hah

i just checked that site

only worth 5 bucks for mine =/

Avatar image for slinger
#12 Edited by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

My issue of Magneto Testament #6 is signed by Greg Pak now, I'm sure that brings the value up from $3.99.

Other than that I have the first JMStraczynski/JRJr/Hanna Amazing Spider-Man which is worth around $8.00 (hopefully I'll get this one signed someday too.)

*Oh yeah! My copy of the Obama Spidey issue (first print John Romita cover) is apparently worth about $25 in perfect condition. Lol, I doubt that'll last.

Avatar image for inferiorego
#13 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:

*Oh yeah! My copy of the Obama Spidey issue (first print John Romita cover) is apparently worth about $25 in perfect condition. Lol, I doubt that'll last."
Some idiot brought it into my store yesterday and said he didn't want it, it was in mint condition, so I bought it off of him for $2... Ebay, here I come!
Staff
Avatar image for slinger
#14 Posted by Slinger (5779 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice!

Avatar image for inferiorego
#15 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Nice!"
Daddy needs to money for car payments.... that reminds me....
Staff
Avatar image for hawk
#16 Posted by Hawk (16130 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Slinger said:

*Oh yeah! My copy of the Obama Spidey issue (first print John Romita cover) is apparently worth about $25 in perfect condition. Lol, I doubt that'll last."
Some idiot brought it into my store yesterday and said he didn't want it, it was in mint condition, so I bought it off of him for $2... Ebay, here I come!"
I'll give you $2.50 you take care of shipping.
Avatar image for inferiorego
#17 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawk said:
"inferiorego said:
"Slinger said:

*Oh yeah! My copy of the Obama Spidey issue (first print John Romita cover) is apparently worth about $25 in perfect condition. Lol, I doubt that'll last."
Some idiot brought it into my store yesterday and said he didn't want it, it was in mint condition, so I bought it off of him for $2... Ebay, here I come!"
I'll give you $2.50 you take care of shipping."
DEAL! and by deal, I mean "no thanks"
Staff
Avatar image for watch_dog
#18 Posted by Watch Dog (840 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got Hulk 181 it makes me happy

Avatar image for inferiorego
#19 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
Watch Dog said:
"I've got Hulk 181 it makes me happy"
Lucky you... I sincerely mean that.
Staff
Avatar image for tyler_sutton
#20 Posted by Tyler Sutton (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Men 266 - first full appearance of Gambit
Uncanny Annual 14 - first partial appearance of Gambit.
Captain Britain 8 - first appearance of Betsy Braddock
Not sure how much they're worth but I don't ever plan on getting rid of them.

Avatar image for asymmetrical
#21 Edited by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
Tyler Sutton said:
"Uncanny X-Men 266 - first full appearance of Gambit
assuming its in near mint condition it equals...$300!!!
Avatar image for inferiorego
#22 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, I also have this book graded at 9.8



No Caption Provided

Staff
Avatar image for asymmetrical
#23 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Oh yeah, I also have this book graded at 9.8



No Caption Provided

"
OMFG! you can't be serious, are you???

that comic is listed as 12,000 for fair!! let alone, fine and beyond that...
Avatar image for tyler_sutton
#24 Posted by Tyler Sutton (33 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"Tyler Sutton said:
"Uncanny X-Men 266 - first full appearance of Gambit
assuming its in near mint condition it equals...$300!!!"
holy crap! maybe i should have it graded to see how much its worth.
Avatar image for inferiorego
#25 Posted by inferiorego (25734 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"inferiorego said:
"Oh yeah, I also have this book graded at 9.8



No Caption Provided

"
OMFG! you can't be serious, are you???

that comic is listed as 12,000 for fair!! let alone, fine and beyond that..."
I'm a billionaire.
Staff