What box office bomb of 2017 disappointed you the most

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thatduderox

2017 had a lot of hits and misses at the box office. What film were you most disappointed with under performing?

For me, it has to be the Power Rangers movie. As a 90s baby, I was a huge Power Rangers fan, just like every other kid on the play ground. That being said, I had mixed feelings when a film about a modern retake of the original Mighty Morphin team was announced, but I was surprised by how good it was. It wasn't the Dark Knight or anything, but you can tell the people behind it did try to make a good film, and a film that would appease both new and old audiences alike. It's a shame it bombed, the makings of a cool scifi franchise was there, the audience wasn't however.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Emoji movie, that movie was the definition of quality.

Ha ha I’m so funny...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghost in the Shell...

Avatar image for generalbeastgod
generalbeastgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL

@asgaard: I thought GitS was awesome!!

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL

Lord_Titan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL, wb always have to f up when they dont need to

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the new Blade runner -there was nothing really wrong with the movie and even critics liked it and most of the audience as well, yet it still barely made enough to be even profitable.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Arthur

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I haven’t even seen BLADe Runner 2049 yet, but it’s never good for the movie businesses when well rated movies from critics and audiences bomb like that. Makes Studios want to just play it safe with the same old, same old...

Arrsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Arthur: Legend of the sword

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Mummy. It was the only movie of 2017 that I regretted paying to see in theaters. As a whole, it was just not a good movie.

I hope that The Dark Universe dies. The Dark Universe started out as an interesting idea, but has so far been a disaster.

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Penguin-Dust

Probably Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets. I liked the comics and knew that they were one of the inspirations for Star Wars, plus it looked very 5th Element-y in the trailer. The actors, though really couldn't bring the vast and fantastic world to life. Cara Delevingne was slightly better than Dane DeHann, but only marginally so. There was no real spark between the two and most of the banter between them that was supposed to be playful and sexy felt forced. DeHann at the end of the movie also does a turn-about with his character which made zero sense. It's as if he was suddenly some completely different character, but just for that moment at the end so the plot could move in a different direction.

I wanted GITS to be good, too but I was prepared for the worst so it didn't disappoint me as much as Valerian. It was bad, but I am fine with that if it means Hollywood learned something about adapting an anime into a live-action film. Let's hope they did. Justice League had a lot of problems, but I had a good time with it. Yes, I wish it was better, but that doesn't mean I was disappointed with my viewing experience.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Justice League. I might would say Star Wars TLJ but it didn't bomb it just unperformed.