What are your top 5 current comics? (7/18/20)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Now that publishers have been printing again for a little while, what are your top 5 current titles?

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm only reading 3 titles rn, but out of those 3

1. Ewing's Guardians of the Galaxy - A complete return to form for the Guardians, 4 issues in and the best Guardians since Abnett without any doubt. This series definitely has a lot more to longer term fans of cosmic Marvel and especially people who were big fans of Abnett's Guardians and then saw the huge and unexplained the shift under Bendis. Ewing's really working with trying to meld these two different visions for the Guardians and sorta the tensions created from it, as well as bringing in great ideas(This is the most interesting Drax and Moondragon have been maybe ever, and if not the best, certainly number 2 only to Giffen/Abnett)
  2. Cates's Thor - Great book, absolutely worth picking up
  3. Empyre - It's just started to I can't say for sure, but it seems alright

Eventually I'll catch up to Immortal Hulk, which is my favorite take on Hulk I've seen so far. Hulk's not my favorite, so it would go between Thor and Empyre for me, but I still wanna finish it. Also I'm not sure I wanna read Hickman's x-men until it's done in full, but I'm sure that would be a contender for number 1 on this(Though if Ewing keeps up this quality, it's gonna be tough to beat).

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

The one's I have read (Iron Man 2020, Thor, Immortal Hulk) are really good so far, so them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Captain Marvel (2019) is a book a really enjoy and is probably one of the best Carol danvers solo books ever.
  • The current Avengers run is quite good
  • Spider-Woman is also quite good.
  • Catwoman
  • The current X-MEN run
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Interesting to see that, based on the current responses, it's mostly Marvel right now on this site.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Interesting to see that, based on the current responses, it's mostly Marvel right now on this site.

I know @battle123axe has been reading a bunch of DC and Marvel ongoings

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-Captain Marvel - just all around great book, imo the best one Carol ever had.

-Valkyrie : Jane Foster - the single most underrated ongoing atm, I am really worried Marvel will cancel it.

-Empyre - looks like Marvels streak of great events will continue, Ewing can do no wrong.

-Avengers - I am not convinced by the Age of Khonshu but I really liked Star Brand Reborn arc

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Thor
  • Immortal Hulk
  • Justice League
  • X-men
  • Venom
Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Battle123axe
  • Immortal Hulk
  • Cates' Thor
  • Pak's Atlantis Attacks

Those 3 are the only ones that I consistently look towards to and seriously missed over quarantine, the first 2 because of their high quality and epic scale, more perfect quality with immortal hulk and more epic scale with Thor. Atlantis Attacks because I love Cho and I'm curious as to what Namor's doing.

Some other titles that I check out whenever they come out

• Tynion's Batman because I'm enjoying the Joker arc, not a big bats fan otherwise
  • Bendis's superman to keep an eye on that dumpster fire, otherwise I like superman well enough
  • Williams' flash because i like flash
  • Morrison's GL for muh feats
  • I really liked Synder's JL for it's epic scale and continuity stuff, and I'm keeping up with Death metal for that same reason
  • Empyre
  • Slott's FF
  • Aaron's Avengers for muh feats
  • Venom right now for Knull stuff
  • Xmen/FF because it's a good story and Zdarsky's a good writer
  • Waid's Doctor Strange
  • Brisson's Ghost Rider. The last two are mad underrated and I'm really enjoying them as of now.
NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NicolascageGOD

@battle123axe said:
  • Immortal Hulk
  • Cates' Thor
  • Pak's Atlantis Attacks

Those 3 are the only ones that I consistently look towards to and seriously missed over quarantine, the first 2 because of their high quality and epic scale, more perfect quality with immortal hulk and more epic scale with Thor. Atlantis Attacks because I love Cho and I'm curious as to what Namor's doing.

Some other titles that I check out whenever they come out

• Tynion's Batman because I'm enjoying the Joker arc, not a big bats fan otherwise
  • Bendis's superman to keep an eye on that dumpster fire, otherwise I like superman well enough
  • Williams' flash because i like flash
  • Morrison's GL for muh feats
  • I really liked Synder's JL for it's epic scale and continuity stuff, and I'm keeping up with Death metal for that same reason
  • Empyre
  • Slott's FF
  • Aaron's Avengers for muh feats
  • Venom right now for Knull stuff
  • Xmen/FF because it's a good story and Zdarsky's a good writer
  • Waid's Doctor Strange
  • Brisson's Ghost Rider. The last too are mad underrated and I'm really enjoying them as of now.

This. Although I didn't really like Death metal that much because Of BWL's oversaturation. The last two and the first two are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glavene: I thought Jane Foster concluded with 10?

Glavene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Glavene

@kevd4wg: It was moved to digital as far as I know. No news on cancellation.

OG_Guts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

• Daredevil (2019)- Superb. Once Chip's run is done this will be up there with the likes of Miller, Bendis & Brubaker.
  • Immortal Hulk- Wasn't much of a Hulk fan, but this book has made him one of my favourite characters.
  • Captain Marvel (2019)- Best run since Carol's became CM
  • Empyre- Still early but really enjoying this event as opposed to the awful Death Metal
  • Marauders & X-Force- Since HoX/PoX, these are the X-men books I consistently enjoy. Xmen/FF is a good story and if Franklin loses his power for good ill be over the moon.
Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might have to check out Captain Marvel

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cates been killin it with Thor

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 anthp2000  Moderator

I'm really only reading 'Freefall' currently.