What are your favorite anime verses, why?

Assiddeeqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

List 5 verses you liked based on:

- Plot:

- Art:

- Characters:

- Fights:

- Why them specifically?

Cbarlion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Plot: 20th Century Boy

Art: Tied between Berserk, One Punch Man and Vagabond

Characters: Tied between Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter

Fights: Tied between Jojo and Naruto

Supreme101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Supreme101

Plot: GOH

Art: OPM GOH Berserk Vagabond Naruto

Characters: GOH Naruto and AOT and OP

Fights: Naruto and GOH

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 takenstew22  Moderator

Evangelion

OPM

DB

DB

Avatar image for platinumchalice
PlatinumChalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: FMA. Just a masterpiece.

Art: Vagabond, OP and OPM. One Piece because of unique world building and aesthetics. Vagabond and One Punch Man because of realism and cool settings.

Characters: HxH and JoJo. Hunter x Hunter displayed the best character development in any manga IMO. JoJo characters are memorable due to hilarity and absurdity without being cringe.

Fights: OPM, Mob Psycho and GoH. Self explanatory.

Avatar image for brogokudestroys
brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: Legends of the Galactic Heroes, Monster, Attack on Titan, Vagabond. LOTGH is the most layered and complex of the bunch. Monster has a brilliantly pieced together story with little to zero flaws whatsoever. Attack on Titan is immensely well written with masterful foreshadowing, use of recontextualizations, amazing twists, and an absolutely brilliant sense of progression as the scale of the story increases. Brilliance. Vagabond isn't as complex or layered as the others, but it's the most gripping manga I've ever read, so I thought it still counted.

Art: Vagabond and Berserk. Maybe Tokyo Ghoul too. Kind of self-explanatory, but I find Berserk's imagery and symbolism to be fantastic. Vagabond conveys its realistic sense extremely well and literally any panel could be held as a wallpaper. Tokyo Ghoul's artstyle is able to convey the mental and emotional states of the characters really well and there are several moments with just the panelling that have impacted me greatly.

Characters: Gintama, Monogatari, Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Legends of the Galactic Heroes. Gintama has the best side cast in the entire medium of anime and manga. Monogatari is a very close second and Monster is a bit behind them. The first two excel at giving their characters a sense of depth through expert characterization and character writing while Monster is able to make every character feel unmistakably human. LOTGH has the best anime protagonists, some of the best antagonists, and one of the best overall casts of characters ever.

Fights: Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Yeah, I know. DB's fights aren't necessarily the most well animated thing ever but they're perfectly constructed and end up being immensely impactful due to the gritty direction, music, stakes, and characters.

Assiddeeqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmmm

plot: i'll probably give it to kubera with lotgh coming in second. Kubera is literally flawless imo, it hits every storybeat and the pay off to everything is just insane. the writing is just some of the best i've seen without going into too much detail.

art: i'll give it to innocent and the climber, the author sakamoto is insanely good at drawing. stuff like berserk and vagabond also has great art of course.

characters: i could also give this to kubera, the author knows how to manage a big cast of characters and all their dynamics, way better than all other series i've read. lotgh also has an amazing cast of course, but i'll give it to maison ikkoku, its my favorite series ever for a reason and its the characters. the two main characters are the best characters i've seen, their growth, dynamic and everything that goes into them is the best. the rest of the cast all have a role and play it well, its also one of the few anime where i actually think the comedy was funny.

fights: ashita no joe, my top 3 fights are all basically from the series. joe vs mendoza, joe vs rikiishi and joe vs carlos are all insane and i fucking love them. and all the build up to every fight and what it means for all the characcters involved and how the fight builds characters for everyone involved and how it changes them forever is just amazing.

Assiddeeqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Assiddeeqq

@princex: because of this, I am definitely going to read Ashita no Joe.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Plot: Code Geass, Mob Psycho 100, and Death Note
  • Art: One Punch Man and My Hero Academia
  • Characters: One Punch Man, Naruto, Code Geass, Steins;Gate, and Bleach
  • Fights: Naruto, Bleach, One Punch Man, and Attack on Titan
PrinceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assiddeeqq:

nice, its very old, but everyone who reads it loves it. hopefully you enjoy it.

Ryuko_Matoi77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: Gunbuster. I freaking love this anime story and how Noriko grow in each space mission she's in along with her 'sister'.

Art: Gunbuster. I love the art and Gunbuster itself is so freaking good, I love the design. For other anime though, I rarely watch shonen anime anymore, I tend to watch anime like Kobayashi Maid Dragon, Yuru Camp, and other cute anime, I love their simple artstyle and sometimes, it's wallpaper worthy.

Characters: Hard to say, probably Gunbuster.

Fights: Dragon Ball and Gunbuster. I love how Noriko and Kazumi using the Gunbuster and annihilate light years long of space monsters. It was breathtaking and I was amazed by how well animated it is. As for Dragon Ball, I love how the music really rammed up the stakes, Norihito Sumitomo and Shunsuke Kikuchi scores really work and without their scores, I don't think the battle would be as impactful as it is.

lmaolmaolmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lmaolmaolmao

Plot: Umineko

Art: Vagabond, OPM

Characters: The House in Fata Morgana

Fights: Idk maybe Full Metal Daemon Muramasa

brogokudestroys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: Umineko

Art: Vagabond, OPM

Characters: The House in Fata Morgana

Fights: Idk maybe Full Metal Daemon Muramasa

Based

Assiddeeqq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

kataraaaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DB, too inspiring

Neoburrito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: magi

Art: blue exorcist

Characters: magi

Fights: bleach or magi

YuMira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The king of shonens

Dragonball & One Piece

AgumonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AgumonX

Plot : Umineko, Suikoden 3

Art : Berserk, Magi, Vagabond, Dr Stone

Character : Sora no Kiseki

Fights : Bleach and God Of Highschool

Avatar image for deactivated-65403b788f030
deactivated-65403b788f030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DB

Too much child memories of me and my bro staying up late at night on toonami, especially the namek saga where Goku turns into a super saiyan with the Bruce falconer Soundtrack. Gosh so Much nostalgic and feels. Something about db feels so special in the old days. Idk y. at least for me

Naruto

Inuyasha

One piece (somewhat)

case closed (with jimmy kudo)

Gundum ( With the burning/ Golden fingers and stuff)

Tri gun

Yuyu Hakusho

kenshin Himura

ETC

I like the Old school Anime. (Excluding Sailor moon, though it was kinda funny)

modern anime nowadays is a bit too weird for my taste. at least for the majority of it

Blizzardflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blizzardflow
@goku_wayne said:
Something about db feels so special in the old days.

Nothing wrong with that. Dragonball is a worldwide phenomenon and fits in any era.

Dragonball is just timeless.

But it's a shame that Toei isn't using Dragonball to its full potential. They do the same with One Piece, but it's not nearly as bad.

KingTheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: FMA Brotherhood. Damn near a perfect story from start to finish. The character progression, the themes of government corruption, morality, and overall philosophy were amazing and insanely well put together.

Art: Berserk. Berserk has some of the best panels I have ever seen in manga.

Characters: One Piece. One Piece, for having over 1000 chapters, has some of the best characters in all of Shonen. What I really like is how Oda develops the side cast, so that everyone has an important role to play in the story, and it isn't just the Luffy show.

Fights: Tie between Naruto and Samurai Champloo. The fight choreography on these two series is insane. Samurai Champloo has the best sword fights I have ever seen in an anime, and even today I am thoroughly impressed with how well thought out the fight scenes are in Boruto, despite that series being complete and utter garbage.

Reaper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Reaper4

I'd say Demon Slayer since I don't watch a lot of anime

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hunter X Hunter, the world building and characterization are some of the best in the manga/anime business.

Sauce_God31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot: Death Note, AOT, Demon Slayer, Future Diary ( Mirai Nikki) Honorable mention: Gurren Lagan, didnt quite make the cut cuz it started off so slow but the character development of the MC was top tier

Art: Season 1 of OPM It fell off after that, Highschool dxd, jojo was pretty bizarre but unique and it worked, Bastard

characters: One piece, Demon slayer, Black Clover, DBZ, Akame ga kill, AOT

Fights: DBZ of course, Naruto, Highschool dxd, Jujutsu Kaizen, Jojo‘s bizarre adventure, GOH, Record of Ragnarok, Baki Hanma

Enerjoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Enerjoke

- Plot: Code Geass, Assassination Classroom, One Piece, FMAB, Ranking of Kings, AOT, Kaguya-Sama, Dr.Stone

- Art: GOH, OPM, Ranking of Kings, Dr.Stone, Gurren Lagann

- Characters: Tensura, Fairy Tail, One Piece, Code Geass, JJBA, Black Clover, Dr. Stone, Gurren Lagann, Hunter X Hunter

- Fights: Gurren Lagann, Black Clover, JJK, Hunter X Hunter, Tensura, FMAB

Agmine_entry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Agmine_entry

Plot: Berserk, Usogui, Monster, Punpun, Vinland Saga, FMA, AoT

Art: Berserk, Punpun, Akira, Usogui

Characters: Berserk, Vinland Saga, Code Geass(only because of Lelouch), Tokyo Ghoul, Yu Yu Hakusho, HxH

Fights: HxH, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tokyo Ghoul, Gurren Lagann

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Gaoron

Plot: Death Note is probably the best anime I watched plot wise, then again it's been nearly 10 years since I watched it. Berserk is up there as well obviously. Recent stand outs: Promised Neverland S1, Vinland Saga S1, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. For pure shounen it's Hunter x Hunter.

Art: One Punch Man - Murata's art is just jaw dropping. All the details, sense of scale, paneling and flow. He's a genius, like a mix of peak Toriyama and peak Kentaro Miura. But Berserk deserves a huge nod too, amazing art and designs that also inspired Souls series.

Characters: Dragon Ball, I mean it's gotta be, how many Vegeta copies there been since, how many Goku's, Roshi's, Gohan's, Piccolo's, etc. Anime is still to this day directly influenced by Dragon Ball's characterization and in a lot of ways DB characters still remain better compared to modern anime. Naruto and Hunter x Hunter are up there too.

Fights: Naruto, One Punch Man, Dragon Ball

dogsrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

plot fma naruto until kaguya

Art Bleach and it isnt close

characters yu yu hakusho only anime that feel's balanced one-piece has way too many character flaws that make them annoying for starters sanjii especially post timeskip is just to much of a simp Naruto has sakura but sasuke naruto kakashi the entire akatsuki especially tobi and gara tsunade jiraya and minato carry hard

fight's naruto best anime fight in history gara vs lee