#1 Edited by hyperfinn (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

What stuff about modern Disney that you really hate about them, examples such as Star Wars, Pixar, live action remakes of classic animated Disney movies or CGI animated Disney movies. How do you feel about the gimmicks they have been using with stories and characters.

#2 Edited by DeathandGrim (4807 posts) - - Show Bio

Modern Star Wars being not good. Some of the company's decisions regarding their employees stink.

Other than that I still absolutely admire the fidelity in their work

#3 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars, out of everything new within it I perhaps like one character and the concepts that came with him. That's it, everything else is just a no to me. The previous Canon wasn't perfect, but I liked a hell of a lot more from it than what SW is now.

I'm not really big on the live action/CGI remakes of older Disney movies. I mean I don't really care for them, but I don't hate them either. I just find them kinda pointless when they have the older movies already.

Also them starting to buy like everything, I mean sure they aren't really doing so but I dunno it's kinda annoying if that makes sense.

Other than that, I like em well enough. Though I do kinda want them to do more animated stuff than what they have been going with so far.

#4 Posted by hyperfinn (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney has been making too much live action remakes of their classic movies.

#5 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

It wants take over the world.

#6 Posted by SeaGod (4653 posts) - - Show Bio

something I noticed is that Disney panders way way too much to girls. Which don't get me wrong I don't think girls getting the spotlight is bad but watching Disney shows with my little cousin it seems that every disney movie and show involves a super talented and amazing girl. The guys on the other hand are all portrayed as idiots who can't even tie their shoes without assistance.

Their movies are all disney princess and the like. Why not a movie about a prince or a knight? Honestly Disney is very sexist which is why I do not like the monopoly that they are intent on creating.

#7 Posted by Tomkatie (3268 posts) - - Show Bio

The live-action remakes are getting old

Like, why is Lion King being made? It’s still animated, and looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the original

#8 Edited by Mister_Surreal (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: OK, but Disney NEEDS to pander to girls. No one else does.

#9 Posted by SeaGod (4653 posts) - - Show Bio

@mister_surreal: I'm not saying that they shouldn't make girl oriented stuff. The issue is that they put down guys in their programming and that's my issue.

#10 Edited by Mister_Surreal (9073 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: Hmm, I suppose that is true to a degree.

#11 Posted by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomkatie said:

The live-action remakes are getting old

Like, why is Lion King being made? It’s still animated, and looks like a shot-for-shot remake of the original

Don't really get it either lol. Just re-release The Lion King in theaters again, still make money.

#12 Posted by Dogzee (529 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop hating on a kids company and grow up lol

#13 Posted by SeaGod (4653 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee: Disney is hardly a kids company. It's a global monster monopoly

#14 Posted by Dogzee (529 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod: *Turns tv to Disney Channel*

#15 Edited by Wolfrazer (16051 posts) - - Show Bio

@seagod said:

@dogzee: Disney is hardly a kids company. It's a global monster monopoly

I mean even before all this, it was more a family company. Walt wanted everyone to enjoy Disney and its characters. Though I can't imagine he'd be happy with how everything has turned out now.

#16 Edited by hyperfinn (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Star Wars used to feel unique when it was only the original 6 movies from George Lucas, now Disney had to ruin it and transform it into a huge ongoing cashcow with poorly written side story or sequel movies.

#17 Posted by StellatedColt (873 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I miss the 2-D animated films. I wish they returned...

#18 Posted by Chronicplane (8829 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally, I miss the 2-D animated films. I wish they returned...

I mean, yeah I do enjoy the 3-D animated films but I do miss the good old days with that classic art style, examples such as Aladdin, Lion King and many more. Kinda wish they'd do a mixture of both.

#19 Posted by ImMadNice (1225 posts) - - Show Bio

The Last Jedi

#20 Posted by Batvibe12 (5570 posts) - - Show Bio

It's basically getting everything.

Avatar image for redhood_jaytodd
#21 Posted by RedHood_JayTodd (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

It's becoming too powerful by trying to buy everything and ruin monopoly.

#22 Posted by Supermanthor (16179 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people realise that both universal and Waner bros are more powerful than Disney at these moment

Avatar image for theonewhopullsthestrings
#23 Posted by TheOneWhoPullsTheStrings (2736 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney has been making too much live action remakes of their classic movies.

Underlining my main issue with them these days: Greed.

They seem to want to have as much payout on their franchises as quick and as cash-grabby as possible, stories be darned. Be it Star Wars - being rushed and doing things badly in things like TLJ, or these live action remakes even existing...

#24 Posted by BullPR (5855 posts) - - Show Bio

The last Jedi.

Unforgivable.

#25 Posted by Magian (151215 posts) - - Show Bio

That it's playing it too safe really.

#26 Posted by hyperfinn (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

J. J. Abrams said this about the making of Star Wars The Force Awakens "needed to take a couple of steps backwards into very familiar terrain" and use too much plot elements from older Star Wars films.

#27 Posted by Helloman (28506 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing.

#28 Posted by hyperfinn (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder if Disney is going to remake every classic animated movie into live action or if its just selected titles.

#29 Posted by solar_nerd (2625 posts) - - Show Bio

So much pessimism on this site...seriously, you guys act like the new Star Wars movies are sequels to "The Room" or something...

#30 Posted by godzilla44 (7181 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the fact that care more about putting their political views into their movies then actually making quality movies (Looking at you Star Wars). Though this is not the case for every movie they make of course.

#31 Posted by jrupert1 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperfinn said:

I wonder if Disney is going to remake every classic animated movie into live action or if its just selected titles.

Where's my live action adaption of The Brave Little Toaster?

#32 Edited by AbstractRaze (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Disney is stupid enough to be stingy despite their wealth because they did not optimize a lot of things on previous MCU movies, in Warner Bros position, I would exploit such a thing and go all in, even Sony who has a revenue of ¥ 8.543 trillion which would be around the US$ 77.287 billion, is actually investing way more in terms of special effects and details and they're not really much richer than Disney, with a revenue of US$ 59.434 billion, I mean Warner Bros posses a respectable wealth of US$ 13.037 billion in order to play aggressive, but the only thing they do with their stupidity, is that they're just chocking furthermore those keeping their level bellow the MCU, but no wonder, Pam Lifford who's DC's CEO spent 12 years in Disney.

Disney is mediocre and it's an actual shame that Warner Bros does not have enough confidence to play aggressively against Disney's inefficient performance, Disney ruined the Star Wars franchise, they're doing the ridiculous against Sony, a Japanese company who has no Western roots at all and they're doing a better job, how can this be possible? Disney is filled with a mediocre generation of greedy soy boys and Warner Bros too.

PS:

If the American youth from the 60's, 70's or 80's would be in current America, they would punch the shit out of Disney and Warner Bros with extremely aggressive feedback, but it's a shame that the current American youth doesn't have such demand anymore, not only in the U.S but the entire Western world, a public which is easy to satisfy with garbage, how deep did the Western world fall? I encourage you to punch the shit out of those people in order to produce real quality, no mercy, 0 tolerance and naive optimism, you can't encourage real quality by being a pacifist soy boy.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#33 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

The live action remakes primarily.

#34 Posted by hyperfinn (1648 posts) - - Show Bio

The live action remakes primarily.

Disney used to make original movies such as Tron and Tomorrowland but now it felt like thats completely abandoned.