What are Namor's and/or Black Bolt's Intellect Levels?

• 103 results
ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ImbecilicSage

I've actually been meaning to ask this either here or on Marvel's boards, but I just thought it might seem a little bit plebeian a question, but upon reading that Silver Surfer vs. Black Bolt thread I figured that'd be a great segue for this idea :-P. I was just curious as everyone else within the Illuminati possesses at the very least a near genius IQ, but I'm not really definitive on Namor's despite me being decently familiar with the character, and I have very little knowledge of Black Bolt at all beyond the fact that he exists, what he is, etc (I'm not/haven't been a Fantastic Four reader so forgive me lol). So yeah, I'm just really curious; regarding the former I'd say Namor's intellect level is probably superior but again I'd like something definitive on him, and any information on Black Bolt within this dimension would be great; thanks in advance!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Neither are very smart.

Kuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kuja

Namor's intellect should be greater

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Their both leaders of kingdoms so they have to have some smarts. Maybe not Reed Richards intelligence but they  have to have diplomatic intelligence of some sorts.

Kuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kuja

Well who lived longer?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kuja said:
"Well who lived longer?
"
Namor...but that really doesn't make a difference.
Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andferne

Well in an old rpg system Namor was given a Remarkable intellect score which is close to a doctrine. Not sure on Black Bolt though.

Kuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kuja
Vance Astro said:
"Kuja said:
"Well who lived longer?
"
Namor...but that really doesn't make a difference."
yes it does
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I dont believe age=intelligence

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Andferne

Oh I found Blackbolts and he was given an Excellent rank with is like a bachelors degree and is one step under Namor.

Kuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Kuja

No but wisdom, the longer you live, the more you get to know about the world and its surroundings

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Andferne

The systems stat is called Reason and it covers ones Intellect, learning, and ability to think logically. Not sure if that helps but hey can't hurt :P

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gambler said:
"I dont believe age=intelligence
"
completely agreed.
Kuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Kuja
Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
so your gonna say that theres a two year old prodigy on this planet that is smarter than you?
John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By John Valentine
Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
so your gonna say that theres a two year old prodigy on this planet that is smarter than you?
"
Not necessarily smarter at two years of age but he would possess the ability to be smarter than you at comparative age.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
You don't get it do you? If your on the earth for 1,000 years and your always learning new things and someone else is on the earth for 1,000 years and he learns nothing...You are smarter.It doesn't matter how much time you have been on earth it matters how much you learned during that time.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
Peter Parker is younger then both Namor and Black Bolt and easily smarter then them to. Age doesn't =intelligence
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Namor is smarter than Blackbolt though it has nothing to do with the fact that he's older than him.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By warlock360
Gambler said:
"Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
Peter Parker is younger then both Namor and Black Bolt and easily smarter then them to. Age doesn't =intelligence
"
Yea but in that specific case, Peter studied namor didnt. Plus you know what i mean Tactitian, experience, etc.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Forever
Gambler said:
"

Age comes closer to equaling wisdom than intelligence.  But of course it all depends on the definition you use for the words.  In my opinion intelligence is simply one's ability to understand, sort of a capacity for knowledge.  So someone who is young and is a genius, may not know as much as someone who has had more opportunity to amass knowledge.  So at 10 a genius may not know as much as a 55 year old man of average intelligence.  Yet the genius is still smarter.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By warlock360
Forever said:
"Gambler said:
"

Age comes closer to equaling wisdom than intelligence.  But of course it all depends on the definition you use for the words.  In my opinion intelligence is simply one's ability to understand, sort of a capacity for knowledge.  So someone who is young and is a genius, may not know as much as someone who has had more opportunity to amass knowledge.  So at 10 a genius may not know as much as a 55 year old man of average intelligence.  Yet the genius is still smarter.
"
there ya go
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
"
Yea but in that specific case, Peter studied namor didnt. Plus you know what i mean Tactitian, experience, etc.
"
Actually as Iron Man explained it...Parker has a gifted intellect and was able to grow so rapidly intellectually..not because he studied but he was predispoed to comprehend and process information faster and more efficiently.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By warlock360

What i ment was, a guy at the age of 10 will not know the same stuff as a guy with the age 50 when their both set under the same circumstances apart from their age

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"What i ment was, a guy at the age of 10 will not know the same stuff as a guy with the age 50 when their both set under the same circumstances apart from their age
"
Yes...but that doesn't make the 50 year old any smarter.He has just seen more.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By warlock360

Wisdom, Intelligents and Experience are all factors

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
"
"
How do you know Namor didn't study? As King of Atlantis I would submit he almost had to have studied as a youth (whatever it is they study down there) There are other examples. Black Panther is younger then both and smarter as well. Tony Stark would be another example. Simply because you've been alive longer then someone else doesn't mean your more intelligent. It would help to if we knew exactly what you mean by intelligence. Theres different types of intelligence. You can be book smart but not be as smart as someone with life experience.

@Forever, I would agree with you to an extent.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

NAMOR IS SMARTER THAN BLACKBOLT...AND THEY ARE THE LEAST INTELLIGENT MEMBERS OF THE ILLUMINATI...

Iron Man,Xavier,and Strange are all genius..Namor and Blackbolt are not.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Forever
Voidheart said:
"there ya go
"

You do know that my statement actually supports what Vance and Gambler have been saying, yes?

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By warlock360
Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
"
"
How do you know Namor didn't study? As King of Atlantis I would submit he almost had to have studied as a youth (whatever it is they study down there) There are other examples. Black Panther is younger then both and smarter as well. Tony Stark would be another example. Simply because you've been alive longer then someone else doesn't mean your more intelligent. It would help to if we knew exactly what you mean by intelligence. Theres different types of intelligence. You can be book smart but not be as smart as someone with life experience.

"
He might have studied (even though i dont know if he really did) but he would have only studied antlantean books and not from the world above the surface
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Kuja said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
Gambler said:
"
completely agreed."
"
"
"

"
He might have studied (even though i dont know if he really did) but he would have only studied antlantean books and not from the world above the surface
"
If Parker was Atlantean he would still be smarter than Namor.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Voidheart said:
"What i ment was, a guy at the age of 10 will not know the same stuff as a guy with the age 50 when their both set under the same circumstances apart from their age
"
Its silly to use a ten year old anyway. Is either one ten? No? Well then lets use numbers that reflect the characters.

Say Namor is 100

And Black Bolt is 60

Just cause Namor's been alive 40 more years doesn't make him smarter. It could. But simply being older then someone doesn't automatically make you more intelligent.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Forever
Gambler said:
"@Forever, I would agree with you to an extent.
"

As far as I can tell, there is very little difference to our opinions on this matter.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By warlock360
Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"
Its silly to use a ten year old anyway. Is either one ten? No? Well then lets use numbers that reflect the characters.

Say Namor is 100

And Black Bolt is 60

Just cause Namor's been alive 40 more years doesn't make him smarter. It could. But simply being older then someone doesn't automatically make you more intelligent.
"
IF they lived under the same circumstances yes it would.... but on second thought hence Namor spent a great time under the sea.... i have no clue

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Huh?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Forever said:
"Gambler said:
"@Forever, I would agree with you to an extent.
"

As far as I can tell, there is very little difference to our opinions on this matter.
"
Yeah I just went over it again :P my bad
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"

Say Namor is 100

And Black Bolt is 60

"
IF they lived under the same circumstances yes it would.... but on second thought hence Namor spent a great time under the sea.... i have no clue

"
? huh? Are you saying everyone who's older then you is more intelligent simply because of their age?
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever
Gambler said:
"Yeah I just went over it again :P my bad
"
No sweat.
warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By warlock360
Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"

Say Namor is 100

And Black Bolt is 60

"

"
? huh? Are you saying everyone who's older then you is more intelligent simply because of their age?
"
Say you have a twin brother, and hes the 4 years older, you and him have had the exact same experiences (i know a little odd but bare with me). But he has had a 4 year lead, which mean 4 additional years to where he could have gained an extra ammount of knowlagde.

But oh well F%&$ it im getting the new OHOTMU right now and see who has the higher intelligence bar <.<
Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Queen Kong
ImbecilicSage said:
"I've actually been meaning to ask this either here or on Marvel's boards, but I just thought it might seem a little bit plebeian a question, but upon reading that Silver Surfer vs. Black Bolt thread I figured that'd be a great segue for this idea :-P. I was just curious as everyone else within the Illuminati possesses at the very least a near genius IQ, but I'm not really definitive on Namor's despite me being decently familiar with the character, and I have very little knowledge of Black Bolt at all beyond the fact that he exists, what he is, etc (I'm not/haven't been a Fantastic Four reader so forgive me lol). So yeah, I'm just really curious; regarding the former I'd say Namor's intellect level is probably superior but again I'd like something definitive on him, and any information on Black Bolt within this dimension would be great; thanks in advance!
"
Well Blackbolt and Namor are obviously not the smartest Illuminati members with Tony,Stange,and Xavier being geniuses and them both being of average intellect.According the handbook they are on the same level of Intellegence,however...Namor seems to make decisions for his Kingdom that are intellegent moves while..I have never seen Blackbolt do anything intellegent.Maybe Marvel doesn't show what he can do with intellect much because he can't talk but Namor seems to be smarter.Blackbolts diplomatic moves always seem to be bargains or negotiations from the mouth of Medusa because he can't talk...but I don't really see any near genius moves or moments from either.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"

Say Namor is 100

And Black Bolt is 60

"

"
"
Say you have a twin brother, and hes the 4 years older, you and him have had the exact same experiences (i know a little odd but bare with me). But he has had a 4 year lead, which mean 4 additional years to where he could have gained an extra ammount of knowlagde.

But oh well F%&$ it im getting the new OHOTMU right now and see who has the higher intelligence bar <.<
"
lmao, again with the crazy ages. A 4 year old is a 4 year old. Its not like we're talking rocket science. There are collage kids (18,19 20, etc etc) smarter then 50, 60, 70 year olds. Its a proven fact. Just cause your old doesn't mean your smart.
Queen Kong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Queen Kong
Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"Gambler said:
"Voidheart said:
"

Say Namor is 100

And Black Bolt is 60

"

"
"

"
lmao, again with the crazy ages. A 4 year old is a 4 year old. Its not like we're talking rocket science. There are collage kids (18,19 20, etc etc) smarter then 50, 60, 70 year olds. Its a proven fact. Just cause your old doesn't mean your smart.
"
This is just common sense I don't know how anyone could even argue with this..it's plain and simple.
Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Forever
Voidheart said:
"Say you have a twin brother, and hes the 4 years older, you and him have had the exact same experiences (i know a little odd but bare with me). But he has had a 4 year lead, which mean 4 additional years to where he could have gained an extra ammount of knowlagde.

"
Let me try again.  Knowledge doesn't make someone smarter.  Intelligence is the ability to process knowledge.    You might know more than the 10 year old, because you are a 22 year old college student in this example, but if we take the two of you and put you in an astrophysics course, because he is a genius and you are not, he will better process everything you learn in that class.  Because he is smarter he will have a better understanding of anything that the two of you study (in this oversimplified explanation).  You will know lots of things that he doesn't, because you have had more experiences, but his being smarter means that he can better understand the things that the two of you both know.  Now that's a truly oversimplified explanation is not completely true, but it should serve as an illustration.

You can apply that reasoning to your insane example about a twin who is 4 years older than you are.
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ebony Bishop
Voidheart said:

Okay, maybe I'm confused, but how can you have a twin brother who's 4 years older than you?

And when did Professor X become a genius? I thought he was smart, sure, but not at genius levels.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ebony Bishop said:
"Voidheart said:

Okay, maybe I'm confused, but how can you have a twin brother who's 4 years older than you?

And when did Professor X become a genius? I thought he was smart, sure, but not at genius levels.
"
Xavier has been a genius.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Vance Astro said:
"Ebony Bishop said:
"Voidheart said:

"
Xavier has been a genius."
Yup
Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Man, they really don't write him as one then.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Ebony Bishop said:
"Man, they really don't write him as one then.
"
Actually they do...
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
Hmm...interesting. Dont know where either of these guys sitting intellectually 
ImbecilicSage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49  Edited By ImbecilicSage

Well I find the tangent regarding intellectual capacity a bit ludicrous; I agree with everyone who believes that age doesn't define intellect; with age only definitively (and even that's a stretch) comes knowledge, which is only one of 7 or 9 dimensions (I forget) of IQ. Wisdom isn't even one of the dimensions covered by an IQ test, but I do agree it's something important, as I'd say I'm much more wise than I am intelligent to be frank. But yeah, in this instance I was essentially just asking who's got the higher IQ, but simplifying it by who's within the higher IQ range in essence (contrasting them within the general aforementioned means of the Illumnati [btw I thought Xavier was near-genius and I wasn't too sure about Strange regarding either genius or near-genius, so those are both revelations for me too). But yeah, I really don't care who's older and/or possesses the most knowledge, I was just curious who's more capable in terms of intellectual process, which seems to be Namor (as I initially believed and for that matter hoped as I like him quite a bit lol). But yeah, this whole argument regarding intelligence and what it's defined by and/or how it's defined is completely plebeian at this point; voidheart frankly your opinions/thoughts on the matter are completely folly.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#50  Edited By No_Name_

Namor is just a sex toy