#1 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the all encompassing Werewolf by Night thread. I put in a lot of time and research, and here it is. After reading much Marvel Horror comics past few weeks, I felt in time for the Halloween season to go ahead and put together Marvel Dracula's, Franken-Castle, as well the Morbius the Living Vampire respect threads. This one is to get people more familiar with my favorite Werewolf characters in comics.

No Caption Provided

Werewolf By Night is one of my personal favorite and underrated Marvel characters. So time for some respect. I poured over many comics, and here is some damn good feats I collected to use in debates.

Bio

Some Bio info of abilities, stats, and history. Older Bios, but the only ones we have.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

Some things about the feats below, one must understand the difference in power of a Jack WBN compared to a Savage WBN. Savage is the original, and wolf in charge version. It is dumber, weaker, and over all inferior to a Jack controlled WBN. As in Jack Russel calling the shots inside the WBN Body.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As seen, the combination of them is far superior, and the fights with Jack over Savage versions show this.

Strength

While labeled around 2 toner in older Bios, he has shown strength far exceeding this in feats old and recent, and wit the fussion into a stronger werewolf, he is well over 2 tons.

No Caption Provided

Tearing limbs off, and caving skulls of Piranha men.

No Caption Provided

WBN bashes through the steel door.

No Caption Provided

WBN severely dents in a thicker steel door, and ends up breaking it down in a short time.

No Caption Provided

Lifts and smashes this solid stone statue.

No Caption Provided

Lifts and tosses a car.

No Caption Provided

Overpowers Sabertooth.

No Caption Provided

Manages to hold down a pissed off Morbius.

No Caption Provided

Chokes out, and overpowers Spider Woman.

No Caption Provided

Blaze Ghost Rider states flat out WBN enrage rivals Blaze own strength.

Speed

WBN is not slow contrary to popular belief.

No Caption Provided

Fast enough to see, react, and get up faster than a swung scythe inches from his face. Not great but clear speed above even peak humans.

No Caption Provided

Stated that due to the werewolf senses, humans might as well be in slow motion. Dodging between point blank fire.

No Caption Provided

WBN easily dodging Gambit's very accurate energy attacks.

No Caption Provided

WBN at close range avoids Moonknight's crescent darts, backed by Moonknight's crazy accuracy.

No Caption Provided

With no warning, WBN dodges a mass AOE attack by the luck manipulating Long Shot himself trying to hit him. Might as well be dodging Deadshot or Bullseye.

No Caption Provided

Stated by Wolfsbane herself to be a near blur in speed as WBN takes out Bast and Cu Sith beings. Both beings wrecking the X Factor team.

No Caption Provided

As fast as Sabertooth himself.

No Caption Provided

Tags a wary Spider Man.

No Caption Provided

Able to keep up with Dracula himself.

No Caption Provided

Matches speeds with Morbius who is Spider man and Dracula level.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Able to tag Spider Woman with his speed consistently.

Durability

One of WBN best attributes is his insane high durability. This guy can tank a beating from blunt force attacks well outside his weight range.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

This is Glitternight. He is a funny looking guy, but powerful sorcerer with light energy attacks. As seen in Scan 1, this attack can shatter into rubble 10+ tons worth of stone easy. Scans 2-3 show WBN walking through this blast till it is used at its best, and even then is not KOed. Scan 4 shows him tanking this all out to the skull with no issues. Scans 5-6 has WBN tanking it at full blast, and then falls 100s of feet head first. Only to get back into the fight.

Jack shrugging off blows from Dracula who never holds back.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

WBN shrugs off a repulser blasts from Iron Man in different fights.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

After shot with a silver arrow, WBN takes three blows from Wonder man to KO him.

No Caption Provided

Grey Hulk attempts to hit WBN hard enough to break its teeth. Not only did he failed, but WBN bounces right back unfazed.

No Caption Provided

Classic Savage Hulk attempts to end WBN from eating humans with a solid hit. To no effect.

Healing Factor

One of the outstanding perks of the Werewolf Curse is the healing factor. Its damn hard to kill a werewolf.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Various healing feats vs bullets. Scan 1 being rifles, and scans 2-3 being large caliber handguns. Scan 4 being a straight head shot that WBN not only ignore, but heals in seconds.

WBn been stabbed many times before too, to no avail. Perfect example is when WBN was nearly cut in half by the Marvel Zombie being, only to heal up in a few panels fine.

One of the best examples of feats of the healing is this one. WBN is stabbed multiple times by Silver. The only major weakness that leaves wounds that does not heal like normal. Then the next night, with these injuries still WBN is clawed and bitten to bloody shreds by other werewolves. After all this, death was seemingly inevitable. Till Jack and the Wolf became one for the first time, instantly healing all the wounds.

WBN healing is so good, that it even cures Jack of the infamous Marvel Zombie Virus. Thats how damn good it is.

WBN healing allows him to even regen his head blown to pieces in a short time span. Truly immortal.

Claws and Fangs

The claws and fangs of WBN is pretty damn sharp, and a huge asset to WBN.

No Caption Provided

These claws are shown time and again to shred concrete and steel fine.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Shown to even cut into both Grey Hulk's and Savage Hulk's durability to a degree.

Super Senses

Like any good Werewolf, Jack has damn good senses. Stated in bio to see in In fared, and Ultraviolet lights, as well the keen hearing, smell, and taste of any wolf.

Uses these senses to track Morbius across San Francisco, and also tracked Spider Man across the same city easy.

No Caption Provided

Jack senses Moonknight trying to stealth him as soon the wind changes direction.

No Caption Provided

Stated that his senses are a million times greater. Even tasting the tang of the Adrenalin in the blood from a distance.

Souless

Another perk of the Werewolf Curse, if you can call it one, is the benefit of not having a soul. WBN is all intents immune to soul attacks and manipulation.

Immune to the soul stealing demons of Sattanish.

Immune to Shiklah's soul sucking kisses.

No Caption Provided

Immune to Ghost Riders soul searing Hell Fire attacks.

Famous Fights

All done in Panel by Panel style to coincide CV scan rules.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

In their first encounter, Dracula while very hungry, and weaker was fended off by Savage WBN easy with the help of Topaz.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Dracula after feeding attempts to fight Savage WBN again, and thanks to a little distraction from Topaz, WBN manages to win again.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

In the last encounter the Savage WBN was given control over to Jack via his psychic partner, and in this way manage to stalemate a fully fed Dracula fine by himself for a time.

In Secrete Wars Jack WBN manages to nearly take out Dracula, however ends up getting overpowered in this arc.

Blaze Ghost Rider first encounter with Savage WBN ends with neither besting the other.

In the second encounter, again a Savage WBN and Blaze Ghost Rider are able to best the other.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

This trend continues with Jack WBN vs Dan Ghost Rider.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

Jack WBN takes on Iron Man who is actively trying to KO Jack. the two get in a good enough fight where Jack remains un KOed, but also damages IM in the fight.

Jack WBN takes on a Wendigo, and holds on to it till sunrise when it transforms back.

Savage WBN first meets Classic Savage Hulk in a flash back comic. In it the two fight it out, only to have WBN cut off Hulk's windpipe. A tactic that works on the older Savage Hulk when he still needed air.

Savage WBN faces Gray Hulk with Gray Hulk. The fight ends as soon it begins with daylight rising.

Gray Hulk takes the fight to Savage WBN the next night, and is unable to KO the werewolf, so BFR's Jack instead.

Savage WBN faces Frankenstein in one of his earliest battles, and loses.

The first battle between Savage WBN and a blood lusted Morbius. Morbius wanted nothing to do with him.

The next they meet, Morbius and Savage WBN have a decent fight till Morbius blood drains him into a KO.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9

The next night after that, Savage WBN goes after Morbius again. There is the down side to WBN in the collar used against him, as well the bone weapon. Morbius suffer a distraction in the note. So some context to both sides.

The next time we see them fight was a amp Morbius beating on Jack WBN. Jack who was not fighting back.

In their final encounter that I know of, WBN goes savage from a infection, and catches Morbius off guard. After Elsa helps Morbius does the Living Vampire get the edge.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12

In their first ever fight, Savage WBN faced off against decked out in silver Moonknight. In this fight, it took massive effort on Moonknight's part to put Jack down.

Even then Savage WBN awoken to keep fighting until the wounds from all the silver overcame him into a KO.

When WBN and Moonknight next encounter, Marc has no silver weapons or armor, and both end up KOing the other from a fall in the end.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12Gallery image 13Gallery image 14Gallery image 15Gallery image 16

WBN gets into a fight with Gambit in Moonknight's mansion, then halfway through the fight Moonknight shows up. Its then a three way death match between Moonknight, WBN, and Gambit until villains showing up put a stop to the fight.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11Gallery image 12

In another and more recent encounter, Savage WBN faces a damage goods Moonknight. Moonknight is able to barely beat Jack thanks to his use of Silver weapons, and his back up that was packing silver bullets which she unloaded.

Savage WBN faces Tigra in a stalemate till they are broken up by Hydra.

No Caption Provided

Savage WBN first fight with Spider Woman was a easy win for WBN.

In the rematch, Spider Woman venom blasts Savage WBN into human form.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

In later issues, Savage WBN comes back for another major fight with Spider Woman, only this time being mind controlled by the Hornet. In this WBN even tanks one of the Hornets best blasts, which are like Spider Woman's own venom blasts, only to snap out of it and go on the attack again. Till the collar was removed anyway.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10Gallery image 11

In the West Coast Avengers, WBN tries to steal Tigra away. WBN is pummeled by Iron Man, but then counters Iron Man with a single eye stab to his helmet. Then Hawkeye shoots WBN with a silver arror in the side. Weaken and poison now, WBN takes a beating from Mocking Bird, set fire twice, and pounded by Wonder Man 3 times before being finally KO.

WBN easily deals with Sabertooth.

Jack WBN pretty much beats up Deadpool, and only with advice from his woman does he stop WBN.

Jack WBN takes on some of Satannish's elite soul sucking demons, and Elsa's supernatural maiming grenade.

Jack here takes on several Samurai train monster hunters, in power suits, with silver swords, and hold his own fine till Franken Castle moves in.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9Gallery image 10

the were beings called Cu Sith and Bast wreck the X-Factor team until Jack WBN shows up and solos them.

In the Max comics, this version of Savage WBN takes out his big Sister very easy.

In the last fight in the Max series, this now in control Jack WBN takes on a Vampire, and Frankenstein while protecting a new born infant as a distraction to himself.

No Caption Provided

So I hope this thread helps out WBN fans, and those who know next to nothing on the kick ass comic werewolf. So cheers, and fingers cross for hopefully more appearances of WBN. Maybe if we are real lucky another long running comic series of Marvel's Wolf Man.

#2 Posted by lubub55 (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a fantastic thread! I might make some battles with him now.

What scan rules are you referring to?

#3 Posted by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#4 Posted by Flumox56 (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#5 Posted by StormShadow_X (16695 posts) - - Show Bio

Love werewolves

#6 Posted by depinhom (13506 posts) - - Show Bio

Noice! Good job.

#7 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lubub55 said:

What scan rules are you referring to?

Cannot show more than three whole pages.

#8 Posted by uugieboogie (13069 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Space_Coyote (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work. I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping WBN shows up in Agents of Shield this season.

#11 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work. I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping WBN shows up in Agents of Shield this season.

hopefully

#12 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36712 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: I was just thinking about WBN. And I swear to god I don't want to start a major argument about this...But looking at your respect thread for WBN. Do you understand my problem with Dracula?

#13 Edited by cadencev2 (696 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

updated with more feats.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#17 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31583 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

@cadencev2: I was just thinking about WBN. And I swear to god I don't want to start a major argument about this...But looking at your respect thread for WBN. Do you understand my problem with Dracula?

You mean Dracula being like... All over the place in power level?

#18 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lukehero said:

You mean Dracula being like... All over the place in power level?

@lukehero: not really.

#19 Posted by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio

Concerning the scan of Blade feeding WBN a pumpkin bomb... That did kill Russel. Though he was resurrected when Louise Hastings read the Darkhold page that undid the Demogorge spell.

#20 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@dwrathborne said:

Concerning the scan of Blade feeding WBN a pumpkin bomb... That did kill Russel. Though he was resurrected when Louise Hastings read the Darkhold page that undid the Demogorge spell.

It could not kill WBN. As proven with Deadpool blowing away WBN to bloody bits and WBN was able to regen in time. Also in that comic, the very next Issue WBN was fine. It was part of Morbius 90s comic run unless you can show me other wise how WBN was dead between the release of two comics back to back.

Edit:

Ok I re read the issues in question.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Issue 12 is when Jack was hit by the bombs. Issue 13 is when Jack is alive and well within a months release time. The only thing I can see that says Jack and Morbius were dead was this statement by Morbius in issue 13.

No Caption Provided

Morbius states they are dead, and its hard to take his word for it when other statements of their immortality via the curses they have, and the feats they have say otherwise. I mean, the Deadpool feat debunks this notion Jack was dead, and Morbius hit by the Ultimate Nullifier debunks it killing him as well :/

#21 Posted by DWrathborne (530 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

I'm not going to address the Deadpool stuff, because it has no real bearing on my comment.

And I'm not arguing Feats or how inconsistent they can be. I bought the issues as they came out, and I'm stating what happened. Jack Russel and Morbius were both killed by a Darkhold empowered Blade in Morbius 12. The Midnight Massacre storyline continued in Spirits of Vengeance 13, and concluded in said issue with all those killed by Blade being resurrected (Including Hannibal King, John Blaze, Morbius, Jack Russell, Victoria Montesi, Mordred, Demogoblin, Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, and a couple others.) Morbius 13 picks up after the Midnight Massacre's conclusion.

I'm not meaning to disparage your research here, and I apologize if that's how I came across. I think all and all you did a good job. I just noticed the error and meant to bring it to your attention.

#22 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz:

I'm not going to address the Deadpool stuff, because it has no real bearing on my comment.

And I'm not arguing Feats or how inconsistent they can be. I bought the issues as they came out, and I'm stating what happened. Jack Russel and Morbius were both killed by a Darkhold empowered Blade in Morbius 12. The Midnight Massacre storyline continued in Spirits of Vengeance 13, and concluded in said issue with all those killed by Blade being resurrected (Including Hannibal King, John Blaze, Morbius, Jack Russell, Victoria Montesi, Mordred, Demogoblin, Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, and a couple others.) Morbius 13 picks up after the Midnight Massacre's conclusion.

I'm not meaning to disparage your research here, and I apologize if that's how I came across. I think all and all you did a good job. I just noticed the error and meant to bring it to your attention.

Yeah, I see that now after researching it. I cannot help but feel to ignore it. I mean, he killed Ghost Rider? You cannot kill Ghost Rider. Not even Mephisto could kill Ghost Rider. I find it very WIS. I guess we could argue the merits of how powerful above Skyfather Cthon is but it was not Cthon, but the Darkhold book. The whole thing now kinda aggravates me lol.

#23 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15244 posts) - - Show Bio

great job