Weakest Dragon Ball character that can survive this?

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 takenstew22  Moderator

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect Cell would regenerate.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gelato_exotic

Are Supernovas really solar system level and this one is 1000x a Supernova? If that's the case Buu Saga low tiers should survive.

If they're just Star level and 1000x, I think Cell might be able to survive because the energy output needed to one shot an entire Solar System is significantly above what's needed to Star bust pretty sure.

Death8Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death8Dragon

Monkey man maybe Buu saga Goku

Loading Video...

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By takenstew22  Moderator

@gelato_exotic said:

Are Supernovas really solar system level and this one is 1000x a Supernova? If that's the case Buu Saga low tiers should survive.

If they're just Star level and 1000x, I think Cell might be able to survive because the energy output needed to one shot an entire Solar System is significantly above what's needed to Star bust pretty sure.

Neutron stars are denser than regular stars and these are 2 colliding together and creating a black hole. So it should be atleast solar system+.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 takenstew22  Moderator

Monkey man maybe Buu saga Goku

Loading Video...

Lmao. Should've used the full video.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Garlic Jr.

Crimson_COMET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Crimson_COMET

I would say Freiza could survive it.

Cell is claimed Solar System lvl, though with some Kid Buu scaling, the SSJ2 tier proves beyond 1 solar system in power. As Kid Buu would need to be a few hundred x solar system lvl to bust galaxy within a decade. Kid Buu is relative to SS3 Goku, who is 4x the SSJ2 tier. Even if we assume just 100x solar for Kid Buu, this is still 25x solar lvl for SS2 fighters.

As such, while I do think this supernova is stronger than Freiza, I also think he would still survive it. Freiza has survived some crazy things. His defeat by Goku displays how amazing his natural trait to survive mortal wounds is. He gets brutalized in combat, cut in half, outmatched in a beam struggle, on nearly no ki, caught in the explosion of a planet, his body is left in the vacuum of space, and he lived.

The question asks who would Survive. Freiza's absurd survivability takes the cake.

If he cannot manage it, than Cooler. If Cooler loses to it, than Cell. That survive trait is insane.

Just how powerful is this feat above though? I am basing it to be 1x solar. If it is less than I'd say it boasts my argument better. But if it is grander than I may want to switch the very safe choice of Cell. Though if defensive options are valid, than 17 could barrier himself... that might work

AxiomPulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pandalumina

It's going to be characters around the ballpark of SSJ2/SSJ3 tiers with Buu saga SSJ2 Gohan being the weakest that might be able to. Super Perfect Cell as well imo.

Kemono-dono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Perfect Cell at the least.

Elenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Elenwood

SPC can survive it.

Wesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Perfect Cell

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By Wushu59

Cell

Garlic Junior is immortal so him too

VertigoStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wushu59 said:

Cell

Garlic Junior is immortal so him too

CyberBlades22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Perfect Cell if not then Kid Buu

The blackhole is the main issue here

OrangeCrush81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By OrangeCrush81

lol.

Garlic Jr survives but Namek Frieza doesn't.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 takenstew22  Moderator

Remember, these are stars much denser than regular ones and they're colliding together in a massive explosion that eventually leads to a black hole.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My avatar definitely survives

No Caption Provided

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The energy needed to solar system-bust is basically the same needed to star-bust.

The Sun represents the huge majority of the Solar System's mass.

Also, Cell never said anything about one-shotting the Solar System. He said he could destroy it with a amehameha, which as far as I know mean he would be shooting a Kamehameha through every planet in the system, not creating an explosion.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gelato_exotic

@ouroborik: That sounds incredibly far fetched, I'm pretty sure every celestial body is almost never perfectly aligned like ever, to where he could just shoot a Kamehameha through every one of them one by one and hope to destroy all of it, not to mention that not all the planets are lined up in the same direction from Earth earlier and it'd have to somehow be a multidirectional going forwards and backwards zig zag travelling Kamehameha (something we've never ever seen besides Goku changing the direction of his Kamehameha once) and he'd have to navigate it from the spot he was standing to every planet from Earth, it just sounds ridiculous. Just one shotting with an omnidirectionally exploding Kamehameha seems far more plausible than that.

Even multiple times in the Cell Saga itself they've shown to explode/expand omnidirectionally (Goku's IT Kamehameha, Cell and Gohan's previous clash, heck even in the exact scene in question Gohan and Cell's Kamehamehas were expanding omnidirectionally). Nothing really remotely implied him shooting down planets one by one.

Avatar image for deactivated-63055b33107d2
deactivated-63055b33107d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cell because of Regen

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: That sounds incredibly far fetched, I'm pretty sure every celestial body is almost never perfectly aligned like ever, to where he could just shoot a Kamehameha through every one of them one by one and hope to destroy all of it, not to mention that not all the planets are lined up in the same direction from Earth earlier and it'd have to somehow be a multidirectional going forwards and backwards zig zag travelling Kamehameha (something we've never ever seen besides Goku changing the direction of his Kamehameha once) and he'd have to navigate it from the spot he was standing to every planet from Earth, it just sounds ridiculous. Just one shotting with an omnidirectionally exploding Kamehameha seems far more plausible than that.

Even multiple times in the Cell Saga itself they've shown to explode/expand omnidirectionally (Goku's IT Kamehameha, Cell and Gohan's previous clash, heck even in the exact scene in question Gohan and Cell's Kamehamehas were expanding omnidirectionally). Nothing really remotely implied him shooting down planets one by one.

Why is that far-fetched? Vegeta was going to destroy a planet by shooting a beam at it, Piccolo destroyed the Moon by shooting a beam at it. Cell could just shoot the Kamehameha at a planet, point his hands at another, shoot, point, etc.

I never said anything about the planets being aligned or curving the blast. Last time I checked Cell wasn't forced to keep pointing his hands at the same direction for the entire time.

We never, ever, ever saw a character generate a planet-sized explosion around themselves. It sounds way more in lign with the series logic to just point the same beam at different planets.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By gelato_exotic

@ouroborik: Vegeta never ended up busting the planet and we don't know for sure how the blast was going to explode after it hit (actual explosion of ki or just ramming into it) so I don't see the point in attributing it to Cell. Piccolo's example is like, on an astronomically smaller scale compared to a Solar System and even Vegeta's is just busting a singular planet vs. an entire Solar System.

How would he hit every planet in the Solar System without navigating and curving the blast? Even if he's not pointing his hands in the same direction and can change it he still needs to know where he's shooting at and spin his Kamehameha around mid destruction after it's already destroyed an array of planets and all sorts of nonsense we've never seen a singular Kamehameha do before to perform it like this. Planets like Mercury and Venus and obviously the Sun are in a complete different direction than Mars and the rest.

How is he gonna aim a single linear beam in different directions from where he's standing for billions of miles in the exact path he needs to perform such a task, I don't remember anything suggesting he has such a field of vision, and it's not like these planets have any life for him to sense out. I don't see why the size of planet busting attacks should really be equated to an attack stated it was going to destroy the Solar system either that's a whole different order of magnitude.

Although as for planet size explosions, we most definitely have... granted they came after Cell (but you said never ever though) but one was even with a same Kamehameha, point is it's very possible for even linear ki attacks to have such AoE.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now I know SSG Goku is far stronger than Cell but I mean like, I think we can agree he's a bit above multi planetary. Point is that Kamehamehas and Ki attacks in general can have this much DC, and Cell Kamehameha's doing the same to the Solar System makes way more sense than going through all this mumbo jumbo destroying planets in all different directions moving to them one by one.

ApocalypseFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

none

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d probably say cell to buu saga characters

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ouroborik

@gelato_exotic said:

@ouroborik: Vegeta never ended up busting the planet and we don't know for sure how the blast was going to explode after it hit (actual explosion of ki or just ramming into it) so I don't see the point in attributing it to Cell. Piccolo's example is like, on an astronomically smaller scale compared to a Solar System and even Vegeta's is just busting a singular planet vs. an entire Solar System.

How would he hit every planet in the Solar System without navigating and curving the blast? Even if he's not pointing his hands in the same direction and can change it he still needs to know where he's shooting at and spin his Kamehameha around mid destruction after it's already destroyed an array of planets and all sorts of nonsense we've never seen a singular Kamehameha do before to perform it like this. Planets like Mercury and Venus and obviously the Sun are in a complete different direction than Mars and the rest.

How is he gonna aim a single linear beam in different directions from where he's standing for billions of miles in the exact path he needs to perform such a task, I don't remember anything suggesting he has such a field of vision, and it's not like these planets have any life for him to sense out. I don't see why the size of planet busting attacks should really be equated to an attack stated it was going to destroy the Solar system either that's a whole different order of magnitude.

Although as for planet size explosions, we most definitely have... granted they came after Cell (but you said never ever though) but one was even with a same Kamehameha, point is it's very possible for even linear ki attacks to have such AoE.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now I know SSG Goku is far stronger than Cell but I mean like, I think we can agree he's a bit above multi planetary. Point is that Kamehamehas and Ki attacks in general can have this much DC, and Cell Kamehameha's doing the same to the Solar System makes way more sense than going through all this mumbo jumbo destroying planets in all different directions moving to them one by one.

Dude, you are making such a complication out of such a simple concept.

Piccolo's example is like, on an astronomically smaller scale compared to a Solar System and even Vegeta's is just busting a singular planet vs. an entire Solar System.

Aren't you just proving my point?

To bust astronomically smaller celestial bodies they still had to use focused beams. Now you expect Cell to be able to generate an omni-directional explosion (meaning the power is fractioned much more) that not only travels much farther than any beam anyone ever shot in DBZ, but also busts more celestial bodies than anyone could bust before the Buu Saga?

WEven Buu couldn't generate an omni-directional explosion with so much power. To bust stars he had to concentrate the power into a single orb of energy. directed exclusively at the target.

How would he hit every planet in the Solar System without navigating and curving the blast? Even if he's not pointing his hands in the same direction and can change it he still needs to know where he's shooting at and spin his Kamehameha around mid destruction

What are you talking about? Lol

Why should Cell need to curve the blast? He just needs to aim his hands and body at each planet, like a person aiming a cannon. Kamehamehas are shot the same way light shoots out of a flashlight. Just point the flashlight in another direction with your hands and the light beam hits somewhere else.

How is he gonna aim a single linear beam in different directions from where he's standing for billions of miles in the exact path he needs to perform such a task, I don't remember anything suggesting he has such a field of vision,

Are you seriously telling me that we shouldn't expect Cell to be able to destroy Venus with a ki-blast because Venus is too far away to see?

Then we shouldn't expect him to know how to create pefectly rectangular tiles either, because that doesn't sound like a Ki power...oh wait, he did crea te rectangular tiles, because a being capable of casual planet-busting should have no problem having awareness of space and geometry.

If we're using DBS as a basis for this discussion, I'm out. DBS is pretty much fan-fiction as far as connecting to the logic of the original Dragon Ball.

I also think you don't understand how big the solar-system actually is. To create an explosion large enough to fit the whole solar-system we would be talking about a blast thousand upon thousands of times the size of a normal star.

jaakor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By jaakor

Super perfect cell is the weakest

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 takenstew22  Moderator

The Moon itself is so far away from the Earth that you could fit the Sun and every single planet in our system in the single line between the Earth and the Moon.

Wait, really?

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takenstew22: Not the sun.

Distance between moon and Earth: 384000 km

Sun diameter:

1.3927 million km

At least according to Google.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik said:

The Moon itself is so far away from the Earth that you could fit the Sun and every single planet in our system in the single line between the Earth and the Moon.

Wait, really?

Nah, now that you questioned it I looked up my previous ources for celestial body distances and noticed that the distance between the Earth and the Moon fits about 2,5 Jupiters.

The other thing I said is definitely true though. The minimum distance between the Earth and Pluto (which would be the minimum radius of an explosion to reach the entire Solar System, as far as I know) is 4 billion kilometers. The Sun has a diameter of 1,392 million kilometers, making it much less than a thousandth of that size.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 takenstew22  Moderator

@ouroborik: Jesus. I thought the moon was much closer than that. This makes Piccolo's moon busting and Boros's moon kick look even more impressive lol.

Ouroborik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ouroborik: Jesus. I thought the moon was much closer than that. This makes Piccolo's moon busting and Boros's moon kick look even more impressive lol.

Yeah, knowing the true distance between celestial bodies was a real wake-up call to me regarding the size of the universe and how impressive it is to be able to travel between planets, both in fiction and IRL.

As far as I know the kind of speed we see in the anime of Piccolo's blast reaching the Moon is right around light-speed. Obviously the animators weren't giving it much thought but still.

Wushu59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Wushu59

@takenstew22 said:

Piccolo's moon feat actually takes bare minimum small planetary amount of force

That's why I'm so comfortable putting Raditz at Small Planet AP.

There is also the fact that he can no sell Piccolo ki blast and stop Goku's moon level Kame with his hand

And remember, Raditz did not know how to lower his power level

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By gelato_exotic

@ouroborik:

To bust astronomically smaller celestial bodies they still had to use focused beams. Now you expect Cell to be able to generate an omni-directional explosion (meaning the power is fractioned much more) that not only travels much farther than any beam anyone ever shot in DBZ, but also busts more celestial bodies than anyone could bust before the Buu Saga?

Considering Cell and Gohan were the strongest any DB character had ever been at that point pre Buu Saga, I don't see a problem with it.

WEven Buu couldn't generate an omni-directional explosion with so much power. To bust stars he had to concentrate the power into a single orb of energy. directed exclusively at the target.

Did Buu ever bust a star on panel, don't remember this. All he did was bust a planet and the explosion was preetty big. Though in the anime in that flashback where he destroyed the galaxy his blasts did seem to be visible from outside of it.

Why should Cell need to curve the blast? He just needs to aim his hands and body at each planet, like a person aiming a cannon. Kamehamehas are shot the same way light shoots out of a flashlight. Just point the flashlight in another direction with your hands and the light beam hits somewhere else.

It was the middle of day and the planets were nowhere in sight. Aiming at something at a perfect enough angle to hit it from hundreds of millions to billions of miles away while it's not even in your line of sight is no easy feat either. At that distance even being slightly off on your aim could have your kamehameha fly right into deep space. And spinning a Kamehameha around after it's already dispersed for millions of miles which is what Cell would have to do just sounds awkward and has never done before.

Are you seriously telling me that we shouldn't expect Cell to be able to destroy Venus with a ki-blast because Venus is too far away to see?

If he has no means of aiming for it properly then yes unless he uses an omnidirectional explosion which is what I'm proposing.

Then we shouldn't expect him to know how to create pefectly rectangular tiles either, because that doesn't sound like a Ki power...oh wait, he did crea te rectangular tiles, because a being capable of casual planet-busting should have no problem having awareness of space and geometry.

Low level telekinesis is hardly comparable at all to cosmic awareness off pure sight for distances that far, something no DB character has ever demonstrated besides the Kaio with their special vision. The fact that even now Goku has to rely on IT and seek out Ki signatures to travel distances across Earth despite his speed suggests thats their line of sight and sense of navigation isn't on the level of being able to discern planets out millions of miles away.

If we're using DBS as a basis for this discussion, I'm out. DBS is pretty much fan-fiction as far as connecting to the logic of the original Dragon Ball.

Alright.

I also think you don't understand how big the solar-system actually is. To create an explosion large enough to fit the whole solar-system we would be talking about a blast thousand upon thousands of times the size of a normal star.

I don't see anything wrong or contradictory with that unless a DB character has actually failed to create such an explosion while exerting themselves or trying to.