User Lists: 0

-_-

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Well, it kind of did, the action scenes are the only thing saving this movie from being horrible.

LarryAshlynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's April 2nd where I live = =

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Would of been a better April Fools joke had it been a Gif and not just a picture.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

i saw it the second time, and is still just okay. Still find Jesse Eisenberg entertaining, and Ben Affleck Batman is still awesome, everything else was okay, or felt unnecessary like the bullet sub plot with Louis, opening the email before the climax and Clark talking to his dad.

Mr0Mister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey: Doesn't April Fools end at noon?

As for the movie, I didn't really enjoy it and found the plot to be really messy at times. I know you're a big fan of the DCEU movies, but do you think a second viewing will help me appreciate the movie more or just hate it more?

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@petey_is_spidey: Doesn't April Fools end at noon?

As for the movie, I didn't really enjoy it and found the plot to be really messy at times. I know you're a big fan of the DCEU movies, but do you think a second viewing will help me appreciate the movie more or just hate it more?

I don't know when it ends, tbh.

As for the movie, most of the times it depends on how you view the film. Most films that I gave a grade of 5/10 or above I view as better my second viewing around, ESPECIALLY MoS. I think in your second viewing, when you are not trying to mindlessly follow the plot since you already know what's going on, you can better focus on the actual movie and its quality, especially the story. So I say it most likely will be better your second time around.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol but it's still a not-so-great movie

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By buildhare

When your joking but you know it's true.

saint_samantha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol thought so.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

You got me, I actually plan on going to go see it a second time. But I think the ultimate addition will be the real game changer.

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Just saw it today. I liked it. 7/10. TBH, some of the complaints I've read aren't very valid, IMHO. Not saying it was flawless, not saying folks have to like it..but: The plot was not mindless and "unnecessary moments" (IE Clark and Dad) are more for character building. And if one wanted to, if one really nit-picked every movie the way this has been nit-picked, we can find the same flaws. Lex wasn't really Lex? Was Ultron really Ultron? Was Red Skull really Red Skull? etc... I kept waiting for the moments where one says "why did that happen?" And came up empty. Now it's not the best CBM ever, but it ain't the worst. It probably didn't meet the lofty expectations for most. I can understand that.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When your joking but you know it's true.

Lol, not even close...

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You got me, I actually plan on going to go see it a second time. But I think the ultimate addition will be the real game changer.

Nah. There is ALWAYS the possibility of otherwise, but I'm 90% sure that I will like it even more my second viewing, as I did with Man of Steel. With all the hype gone, and a basic overall understanding of the plot, my mind will be far more open to absorb the story even more, and examine Cav-El's journey from MoS to now to Justice League: Part 1.

Just saw it today. I liked it. 7/10. TBH, some of the complaints I've read aren't very valid, IMHO. Not saying it was flawless, not saying folks have to like it..but: The plot was not mindless and "unnecessary moments" (IE Clark and Dad) are more for character building. And if one wanted to, if one really nit-picked every movie the way this has been nit-picked, we can find the same flaws. Lex wasn't really Lex? Was Ultron really Ultron? Was Red Skull really Red Skull? etc... I kept waiting for the moments where one says "why did that happen?" And came up empty. Now it's not the best CBM ever, but it ain't the worst. It probably didn't meet the lofty expectations for most. I can understand that.

Exactly. I can TOTALLY understand it not meeting some's expectations, but to call it the worst CBM ever is extremely laughable. And honestly, if you were at least moderately paying attention, you should be able to follow the plot, even for a non-Comic Book fan. And as you've said, most of the plot points or side-plots were there for a purpose.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

It's a mess

~MiB

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey
Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I saw it twice

It's still the most C+ film I've ever seen.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Every single April Fools joke played on me this year has been connected in some way to this movie...

Taquie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was pretty good,

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

FableCounty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Well, it kind of did, the action scenes are the only thing saving this movie from being horrible.

its April 3rd now

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie is a D+.

But taking Tranformers are D- movies, is telling you something.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

We're talking about BVS not Avengers.

I jest, I jest.

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ That's like saying If Basketball didn't have teams going against eachother.. it would suck.. well no duh.

It's the Avengers.. it's not going to be a movie about them being around a camp fire telling ghost stories. You tried it though :P

DBVSE7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What saved this movie

1: The Trinity being on screen together.

2: The films visual appeal.

Nothing really important (which is bad). For what this movie should have been, it's still a C to B- range.

Mr0Mister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MadeinBangladesh said:

It's a mess

~MiB

Not really, but okay...

I went in the theater really hoping that the film would be great, despite being skeptical from the trailers (call me silly, but sometimes trailers foreshadow the quality of movies). The movie was a mess, but hopefully it will be better when I watch the Director's Cut.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@MadeinBangladesh said:

It's a mess

~MiB

Not really, but okay...

I went in the theater really hoping that the film would be great, despite being skeptical from the trailers (call me silly, but sometimes trailers foreshadow the quality of movies). The movie was a mess, but hopefully it will be better when I watch the Director's Cut.

The thing is, I don't get the whole "mess" problem. This is just me, but if you pay attention, the movie will make sense.

Also, its storytelling is only SPORADIC for like the first 75 minutes. The other half of the movie is pretty normal and focused.

Mr0Mister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr0mister said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@MadeinBangladesh said:

It's a mess

~MiB

Not really, but okay...

The thing is, I don't get the whole "mess" problem. This is just me, but if you pay attention, the movie will make sense.

Also, its storytelling is only SPORADIC for like the first 75 minutes. The other half of the movie is pretty normal and focused.

When I say that it was a messy film, I don't mean that it was hard to understand. I understood everything except for the Flash scene when I first left the theater. The problem for me was that they could have just focused on developing 1 story line. The movie's title is Batman vs Superman, so there should have been more development with their relationship. Wearing their costumes, they only interacted twice (When he crashed the Batmobile and their fight). The Injustice subplot, Justice League intros, and Wonder Woman just felt crammed in for me. The movie had potential, but at the end, it felt like a mess.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petey_is_spidey said:
@mr0mister said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@MadeinBangladesh said:

It's a mess

~MiB

Not really, but okay...

When I say that it was a messy film, I don't mean that it was hard to understand. I understood everything except for the Flash scene when I first left the theater. The problem for me was that they could have just focused on developing 1 story line. The movie's title is Batman vs Superman, so there should have been more development with their relationship. Wearing their costumes, they only interacted twice (When he crashed the Batmobile and their fight). The Injustice subplot, Justice League intros, and Wonder Woman just felt crammed in for me. The movie had potential, but at the end, it felt like a mess.

Honestly, I believe the ONLY reason they named this movie Batman v Superman was to get buts in seats. THAT'S IT. When you focus on the "Dawn of Justice" title, the movie did exactly that. It gave us an intro to the Justice League and a taste of what's to come. It also brought together the trinity, which are the founding members. When you ignore the BvS part, this movie did exactly what it's supposed to.

Mr0Mister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr0mister said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@mr0mister said:
@petey_is_spidey said:
@MadeinBangladesh said:

It's a mess

~MiB

Not really, but okay...

Honestly, I believe the ONLY reason they named this movie Batman v Superman was to get buts in seats. THAT'S IT. When you focus on the "Dawn of Justice" title, the movie did exactly that. It gave us an intro to the Justice League and a taste of what's to come. It also brought together the trinity, which are the founding members. When you ignore the BvS part, this movie did exactly what it's supposed to.

I get what you're saying, but I just felt that the Bats vs Supes storyline didn't flow well with the introduction of the rest of the league.The way that Wonder Woman and Bruce found out about them just felt cheesy. Again, I see what they were trying to do and it was cool that somebody tried to go out of the box, but the film still felt like a mess to me.

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked it.

Avatar image for purple_d_dragon
Purple_D_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joke's on you OP, it really sucked. 6/10.

kevinwalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huge drop off on the second week though.

bakera8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

How can this be a April Fools joke when its the truth.

Its like saying

Obama is a Anti American

APRIL FOOLS

Wait we already know this.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:

Really? I honestly facepalm every time Jessie spoke.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

saint_samantha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

After my second viewing I have to say that I liked the movie way more than the first time but it still isnt a good comic book movie. There are parts, however, which had a way stronger effect on me compared to the first time(the Knightmare, the battle between Batman and Superman and Eisenberg's acting).

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joke's on you OP, it really sucked. 6/10.

How is the joke on me if I liked it?!?!

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think people understand the joke.....

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I paid half price for the film ticket and thank goodness. No second viewing or Director's Cut would ever make this film bearable for me.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:

Really? I honestly facepalm every time Jessie spoke.

I don't know, something about a villain who thinks everything he doing is a joke, while the heroes take everything so seriously is what I like about some of the villain in DC. I mean the scene when Superman threaten Lex always makes me laugh just due to his reaction, one of the most fierce looking Superman faces, and his reaction is to play it off like a joke. He such a weak looking nerd arrogant nerd, yet have all this power over the heroes, I just find that entertaining. Also the Grandma Peach Tea was just great, the right amount of humor and tension. I can't make you like Jessie, I can just give my reason why I find his performance entertaining. Granted his motive makes no sense aside from the fact that he working for Darkside obviously, but that be giving the film too much credit.

Avatar image for serpinethegreen
serpinethegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:

Eh, even if I thought the character worked (as a character, not just in this film) he's a piss poor Lex (Not to mention a poor man's TDK Joker).

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames:

Eh, even if I thought the character worked (as a character, not just in this film) he's a piss poor Lex (Not to mention a poor man's TDK Joker).

I agree is a poor presentation of Lex Luthor, but as an over the top comic book villain he was entertaining.