Tell me what you guys think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igNt1FutIeY

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Eh. 7/10. The parts that are Hickman are excellent. The Arakko lore, the character relationships, and the stakes were just excellent. The parts that were Tini, like Saturnyne’s involvement, the outlandish tournament, and the vague explanations that lead to future plot points that you won’t even remember unless you went back are what hold it back.

It was clear that what Hickman had in mind and what Tini had in mind did not mesh well and should not have been had such a correlation. It over complicates things when it doesn’t need and at times ruins the mood of the tournament.

In essence: You got both good and bad from this event.

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cosmic_reign

Yes...

The Mutant Nation has established a ruling seat in Otherworld/Avalon(Omniversal) and will potentially expand their nation thru-out the cosmos...

XoS paves the way for some interesting back stories of characters and spinoffs as well.

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vishop_

I will ask you a simple question do this "Arakko mutants or the Four Original Horsemen" had any "mutant powers"? Really the only thing Hickman tried was to overwhelm with so much history around Apocalypse that he forgot to go the basics unlike Remender btw.

Did Hickman do anything more than fan-service that happened during last three issues? I don't think so.

I like Hickman and I have liked what he did during HoX/Pox and DoX but this event was terrible to say the least.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If by "good" you mean "meh" then yes!!

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

I will ask you a simple question do this "Arakko mutants or the Four Original Horsemen" had any "mutant powers"? Really the only thing Hickman tried was to overwhelm with so much history around Apocalypse that he forgot to go the basics unlike Remender btw.

Did Hickman do anything more than fan-service that happened during last three issues? I don't think so.

I like Hickman and I have liked what he did during HoX/Pox and DoX but this event was terrible to say the least.

It was more of a joint project. One half is all Hickman, some of the details were from the X-Team, but the other half of the work was Tini. She is the writer of Excalibur. If you’ve read it, you can easily tell what portions were Hickman and what were Tini.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was a generous 5/10. The artwork was great.