Was Transformers the Last Knight really that bad?

Avatar image for bowlt_swagg_320
bowlt_swagg_320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Honestly from my point of view Transformers franchise was done after the first film. After that the rest were just an ongoing headache trauma saga. The second one was still enjoyable to watch only due to the action but even that cant save it. Every since the release of the film it has met with majority of negative reviews and every youtuber who does movie reviews have said it deserves the criticism it gets and have all said there is nothing not even a single thing good about the last one. I dont plan on watching it but was it really that bad as everyone is claiming?

No Caption Provided

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a huge Transformers fan and usually I'm at the cinema on release day but Age of Extinction just left me on a bad note with the franchise and I still haven't even seen the first film.

I personally enjoyed 1-3 with 3 being my favourite but 4 was absolute trash and ruined it for me.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a huge Transformers fan and usually I'm at the cinema on release day but Age of Extinction just left me on a bad note with the franchise and I still haven't even seen the first film.

I personally enjoyed 1-3 with 3 being my favourite but 4 was absolute trash and ruined it for me.

Ditto.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still gonna make at least a billion

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uugieboogie

@thorthunder98 said:

Agree 100%

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it was insanely awful so I'm definitely not seeing it, just like I didn't see the last two films.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Yassassin

Probably, these movie kinda suck even from a "turn your brain off" perspective; Pacific Rim, Raid, or John Wick 2 are great for that Transformers action is typically impossible to follow, with constant cuts to the perspective of the humans where you can't tell what the hell is going on in the background. The robots remind of the cartoon characters in Coolworld or Space Jame in how they have absolutely no weight and don't feel like they're really there. Honestly turning your brain off would be detrimental to the experience.

Doesn't help that the story hasn't been even remotely cohesive since like the second one, and they've been getting exceptionally worse in that aspect.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well, it went story telling mode, not the usual metal madness explosion bayformers does.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was fine it was mostly transformer lore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Cringe Worthy dialogue and comedy, bland and uninteresting characters, a plot that makes no sense, exposition, Micheal Bays typical ass and titty shots, Mindless action explosions..

So to answer your question, yes it is atrocious.

But it will most likely make over a billion and we're going to have to endure more of this garbage.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie: it screwed up EVERYTHING Bumblebee didn't come to earth until a little bit before The first movie not in the ww2 days. And why in the world did NOBODY care about the staff in any of the other movies even though it's been there the whole time. And why is Unicron Earth? And why did the transformers free the slaves? How did galvatron reveret back to Megatron? Why did autobots let themselves get captured by humans to avoid killing them and now they Kill more humans than DCEU batman and Superman combined.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The only good Transformers movie was the first one.

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went to the bathroom at least 20 times and in those twenty times, I looked at the other movies showing, asking myself why the hell I didn't choose one of those.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was fucking terrible

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yep

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie: it screwed up EVERYTHING Bumblebee didn't come to earth until a little bit before The first movie not in the ww2 days. And why in the world did NOBODY care about the staff in any of the other movies even though it's been there the whole time. And why is Unicron Earth? And why did the transformers free the slaves? How did galvatron reveret back to Megatron? Why did autobots let themselves get captured by humans to avoid killing them and now they Kill more humans than DCEU batman and Superman combined.

Also, where the heck were the dinobots for the 2nd half of the movie? why were there babies? do you mean transformers actually grow up? how does bumblebee get his actual voice back after tearing the voice box part out, and then minutes later have the radio voice again? why does cybertron need earth/unicron to help rebuild with the staff? it couldn't be any other planet in the galaxy? seriously though. the movie was really disjointed and there was so much going on that plot holes and unanswered questions just piled up. I have no problem ignoring Bays terrible style for the sake of giant fighting robot aliens, but this one hurt my heart. supposedly, this is Bays last foray in transformers. so maybe the next one can be done properly. with actual focus on the freaking transformers. not on marky mark or something like that.

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sly_141

Shoulda stuck with the trilogy then rebooted 5-7 years later

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

The only good Transformers movie was the first one.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't think it was that bad.

I'm pretty sure people are just hating because hating Bay has just become the norm. Many people thought Transformers 2 was extremely bad, but I thought it was at least passable. Perhaps I have a guilty pleasure. I went in wanting to see some badass Prime moments and I got it, so I'm happy.