Was the reason why the Inhuman pushed stopped due to Fox/Disney talks?

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I found it odd that there was a real push for Inhumans to be like the mutants of the MCU then it just stopped, turn cold, and was toss out into a T.V series who are doing lord knows what right now. Haven't seen any more advertisement nothing. Even the comic push is now tapered down as their books got canceled. Can't help but think it was because of the fox deal that was in the works.

KSI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course. They were nothing but a stopgap.

Shepard-Croft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shepard-Croft

Jesus Christ, what's up with these different topics for the same conversations?

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz nobody likes Inhumans

#CyclopsWasRight

Mutant1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mutant1230

It was a mix of many different factors. Marvel and Perlmutter having inside knowledge of a possible deal brewing for the X-Men might've been part of it. But there was also the TV show flopping, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. getting low ratings when it was built to be a gateway to Inhumans into the continuity could also have turned the tides. Finally, there's the Marvel Studios division.

Feige clearly didn't really want to push Inhumans the same way Perlmutter did. He never referenced their rise in the TV shows and nixed the movie from the Phase 3 schedule after Avengers 4. But nothing could be done about that on Ike's end since Feige was given control by Disney, if he didn't want to make Inhumans the new status quo no one would tell him no.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well:

1. You're right in your OP comment.

2. Very few people were buying into the Inhumans as replacements for Mutants concept.

3. As I understand it, the concept wasn't selling well.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoS was handling Inhumans as mutants really well. Then Inhumans came and ruined it all. Honestly, I think you might be onto something. I don't see why they would suddenly drop the idea of an Inhumans movie. Something that had huge potential.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS just hit me...I wonder if they're gonna ret-con things so that there's a "mutant menace" in the MCU...maybe have Scarlet Witch now be a mutant? Things like that.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope... no inhuman comic has been canceled since the talks began. Also the Mutants have had twice as many books as the Inhumans for months and that number is still growing

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhumans still ain't going anywhere in the comics I hope. Black Bolt's solo run is some of the best shit Marvel has wrote

MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS just hit me...I wonder if they're gonna ret-con things so that there's a "mutant menace" in the MCU...maybe have Scarlet Witch now be a mutant? Things like that.

If they are going to introduce the mutants into the MCU. Its either a retcon or they will just do a "Days of Future Past" reboot, such as a plot on remaking the universe so that everything is different.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12 tparks  Online

I think just like the comics, the Inhumans will never be a big name for Marvel. There can be a place for them, but they will never take the spotlight.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rbt: Inhumans was always a thing Ike Pulhumeretter was pushing. As soon as Fiege got out from under him he cancels the movie for Inhumans and probably tells Disney to get him the real X-Men, not the great value version...

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

I would've liked to see the Inhumans become big or at least get a movie in the MCU. Not at the X-Mens expense though.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112 said:

If they are going to introduce the mutants into the MCU. Its either a retcon or they will just do a "Days of Future Past" reboot, such as a plot on remaking the universe so that everything is different.

Makes sense.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the fate of Inhumans was sealed long before this Disney-Fox merger.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yep, the Inhuman place is in the background of Fantastic Four and the occasional X-Men comic.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15: No correlation

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's more of a fact that when Disney actually found out what the inhumans where they distanced themselves massively

After hundreds of reviews of the inhuman series the Exec at Disney actually bothered to look into the materiel and were appalled about the whole concept

Disney tries their hardest to distance themselves from Nazi style concepts

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

Feige never wanted the Inhumans, it was Perlmutter who was pushing for it.