Was Netflix's Iron Fist a let-down?

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Was Netflix's Iron Fist a let-down? (59 votes)

Yes 49%
No 51%
No Caption Provided

• 
judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided
tphilx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't as good as Daredevil or Luke Cage.

Rockette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Danny Rand's REAL Dad! ^^

Iara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My expectations were quite low considering I knew nothing about the character before the show. I'm on episode 5 and while it has pretty clear flaws I'm still enjoying it.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its lame.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. It's 7-8/10 like I expected.

Avatar image for general_disarray
General_Disarray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DD < IF < LC.. didn't get to the end of JJ, not cause i dint like it, got distracted

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

For a show about a Kung-Fu superhero, it doesn't have that much Kung-Fu in it.....

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely terrible

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I really didn't like it. I found it somewhat entertaining, but objectively it was very bad. The characters had almost no consistency or logic to most of their actions, and they where pretty much just acting to move the plot along. Danny in particular I thought suffered from this, having almost no actual consistent traits or character-development. Joy too, she changed her entire character to whatever the plot needed on a whim. Her wanting to kill Danny came out of nowhere. One minute she's completely turned against her father for betraying him, the next she suddenly wants to kill him. Where did that come from?

They accomplished very little, and few of the characters had consistent motivations (exceptions being Harold and Ward). There were massive plot-holes like, how did the Board fire three people who probably had like a culminative 90% shares? That's not how it works at all. Why did Danny want his company back if he was just gonna ignore it, and ultimately ruin it's functionality? He seemed to want stuff until he got it, and then just stop caring. The choreography gets a lot of hate too, but that actually didn't bother me that much.

For me, Ward Meachum carried the show. He's the reason I watched till the end. He had a riveting redemption arch and I thought his character motivations were consistent and his development was earned. I really liked Harold too up until that last episode, when he became a bit too one-dimensionally evil for me.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a full on let down but as Finn Jones said in some interview he only trained for 3 weeks prior to filming and was learning most of the fights the same day they were being filmed so it could have been a decent amount better just in that regard. Story wise it was ok though some of the characterizations and castings were a bit off imo. Davos in particular.

rahiem9123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7/10

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on what you mean by that. I enjoyed the show so in that regard I wasn't let down, but I was hoping for more mystical elements to be shown so in that aspect I was let down. The fight scenes could have benefited from more work (episode 6 especially) but generally I was fine with them.

Avatar image for almightyamortal
AlmightyAmortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not like it as much as Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but it was fine.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I didn't get hyped over it so for me no. But the quality is still an insult.

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Let-down is a gross understatement.

Revan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Revan-

Where is the "hell yes" option?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mooty_Pass

It wasn't a let down, but I didn't think it was all that great. Danny Rand was a huge turn off for me I didn't like him at all. Everyone else was good.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By buttersdaman000

It's not good, but I wasn't really hyped for it after that second trailer anyways so.....not a let down for me lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9
deactivated-5c8c48323d2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fight scenes are average.

They should have filmed it with an actual martial artist

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tphilx said:

It wasn't as good as Daredevil or Luke Cage.

This. I enjoyed it well enough but it could have been so much better.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed it. I give it 7.5/10, but boost it too 8/10 because I enjoyed & understood all the characters. I bet Danny irritated some of you, irritated me at times, but I understood why he was so unsure & ansty at times. repressing a traumatic experience for 10 years and telling yourself "its okay,I'm a weapon,I don't feel" isn't the best way to deal with your pain. Then finding out the one person you connect with is working for the enemy,but not really. He was going through a lot. Oh..and poor poor Ward.He just wanted out.

The thing that bothers me the most was Joy's heel turn, that made no sense... Wish Danny lit the other hand up,but guess that comes later?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes and no. It wasn't very good, but I had very little expectations from it after Luke Cage and the reviews, so I wasn't really disappointed.

llebpmacmit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see what people hate about it. It followed the comics pretty well and the action is just about as good as the average defenders-verse show that they have.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a show about Marvel's premiere martial arts superhero, the fight scenes suck. They literally screwed up what was supposed to be the the shows biggest selling point. Total letdown.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly don't see what people hate about it. It followed the comics pretty well and the action is just about as good as the average defenders-verse show that they have.

Well, its mainly due to some people knowing how good comics Danny is at ma and expecting to see mind blowing ma choreography to justify his reputation. I myself went into it thinking it would prob not even be at the level of DDs2 and so wasn't too disappointed. I do expect much better things from IF the next time we see him in live action though.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was about the same level as LC or JJ

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm only 5 episodes through, and I love it so far.

OneWithReason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as combat/Martial Arts goes, yes. But as a show in whole, No. Just my opinion.

I enjoyed it more than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones

quantum-savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of a let down for me. I didn't get excited for it until a few days before release and after the reviews, was it deserving of 17% or whatever? Of course not, it was good, the weakest of the Netflix MCU shows but it gets a passing grade. The fighting was okay, I expected better fighting than Daredevil since its Iron Fist but no. The dialogue was predictable and the show got bored often, I literally skipped through the last episode so I could just finish the show lol. It was kind of similar to Arrow but I got past that. Overall it's like a 7/10

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
MarvelandDCfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its tv show on netflix IF is so irrelevant people hold these shows on to high of a bar