Warning signs that Avengers: Infinity War may be the worst MCU film so far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In case any dumbass claimed that this is a bait thread, I am an MCU fan.

As you know, so far there hasn't been a single MCU film that is below average in terms of critical reviews. The closest it went there was Thor: The Dark World, but even then reviewers were in mixed-positive range.

Ever since trailers and early screenings (Of the 1st 20 minutes) had dropped, there seemed to be some warning signs that Avengers Infinity War may receive at best mixed reviews or worse... Like Justice League did.

What do you think? Discuss.

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who knows!It may be flop or Super Big Hit

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want to discuss yout last point. They're probably so secretive of this movie because it's Marvel's most important movie yet and probably most important franchise throughout their whole existence. The movie will also shift the MCU's path and establish a new future so being so secretive is understandable.

I personally think this movie's going to be great. Every character have been established and people love them. BTW, that one shot of Falcon flying towards Thanos' army ships with the wakandans on those flying things looked soooo great!

iknowwhoyouare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MCU movies can afford to not live up to hype and still do well

DCEU movies on the other hand can not and must live up to their hype or lack of hype regardless

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MoTM

@iknowwhoyouare said:

MCU movies can afford to not live up to hype and still do well

DCEU movies on the other hand can not and must live up to their hype or lack of hype regardless

MCU fan logic at it's finest, LOL smh. Is every MCU fan a massive hypocrite with double standards?

OT I agree with your too many characters point. It's taking the shape of a celebrity team up with capes.

I'm convinced it could be worse than JL in every way and still get higher critic scores.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clickbait

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By TheDeathstroke

@motm: It’ll be extremely hard for this film to be worst then Justice League.. any film for that matter.

OT: Click bait.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedeathstroke: Wouldn't be so sure about that.

JL is more enjoyable than 80% of MCU movies.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You tried

KingOfWakanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are these warning signs when we knew there would be high expectations, lots of characters and tone changes from the very beginning? The embargo is probably to prevent spoilers until the very last minute which coincides with moving the release date up in the US.

Now if early screenings say it's bad, that's one thing but there's nothing going on we didn't already know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

No Caption Provided

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

You're free to voice your opinion, whether positive or negative of any movie.

Your consistent negative attacks however together with your previously banned @manonthemountain account (If that is your alt), put extreme doubts to whether you are making any attempt at good faith discussion. You're just a version of captainsalt in another direction.

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

Which ones?

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nwname  Moderator

@richardcranium: embargo could be because they dont want spoilers. its by far the most anticipated MCU movie spoilers can ruin it

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eto said:
@the_magister said:
@angeljax said:

You tried

You guys can stop crying now.

@richardcranium: embargo could be because they dont want spoilers. its by far the most anticipated MCU movie spoilers can ruin it

Yeah, I did read the article that argued it so. I just don't quite understand why it doesn't do the embargo for all the previous highly anticipated MCU films. Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Captain America: Civil War had many major spoilers.

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way it could worse than the Iron Man sequels

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack: Yep not everybody lives in Disneyland, hard as it is to believe lol.

@motm said:

You're free to voice your opinion, whether positive or negative of any movie.

Your consistent negative attacks however together with your previously banned @manonthemountain account (If that is your alt), put extreme doubts to whether you are making any attempt at good faith discussion. You're just a version of captainsalt in another direction.

Why, because I point out the obvious generic factory made quality of MCU films? And the fact there fanbase is filled with hypocrites who never make competent arguments, and think there is some "cultural significance" behind every average film they release?

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By nwname  Moderator

@richardcranium: But they had no spoilers as big as a main avenger's death. Or possible massive changes that will affect all the MCU like a finger snap. This is the first movie that effects the entirety of MCU only one that has been built up for over 5 years. They were big but none of them was this big.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which ones?

Ant man, both GoTG, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and 3, CA the first Avenger, Thor 1, 2, and 3, Doc Strange, BP, and Age of Ultron.

I would watch JL before all of those movies.

Avatar image for youshallnotpass
YouShallNotPass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:
@youshallnotpass said:

Which ones?

Ant man, both GoTG, Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2 and 3, CA the first Avenger, Thor 1, 2, and 3, Doc Strange, BP, and Age of Ultron.

I would watch JL before all of those movies.

nooooooooooooo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
deactivated-5b84aca03eae8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nobody will know until it comes out.

WhyZoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Extremely high expectations - nothing to do with the quality. Either it's good or it sucks. Don't see how the expectations will change that.

- Too many characters - never before have I seen this warned as potential banana peel. People are getting exciting about this, you are trying to complain. Everybody knows the importance of his favourite character so unless you are a dying fanboy, and don't forget this group is just a needle in a haystack, you should've accepted it so far.

- tone changes - there were interviews with the Guardians talking about the good interaction between them and the Russos, the continuity between Gunn's GOTG and the Infinity war. This is a good directing, not a bad thing, nothing to do with Justice league again wherein Batman was spiting jokes etc. Don't wanna see Cap doing something like this. They keep the good and the positive from everyone, what's the wrong with this?

- embargo will only be lifted one day before the movie - 1) another shot in the dark. 2)Nobody enjoys spoilers. 3)They haven't done this before because this because it is the end of 10 years good planning and realisation. 4) Again, if the movie is utter failure like JL it will be because of itself, but right now I see no reason why people should be feeling worried.

RichardCranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

Why, because I point out the obvious generic factory made quality of MCU films? And the fact there fanbase is filled with hypocrites who never make competent arguments, and think there is some "cultural significance" behind every average film they release?

Many others including me (If I put in some effort) could debate with you on the quality of MCU films, but that's not really what I am pointing at right now.

I am pointing at facts. Every attack/praise you made runs almost completely contrary to most critics claimed of the MCU/DCEU. While it is possible to have extreme opinion, any good faith assumed by other posters are running out as time goes by when you kept insisting on the same points in an inflammatory manner despite everyone reasoning again and again.

It is okay to say you don't like the franchise. It is another to ignore the positive aspects and kept harping on the negative or the lack thereof.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter Soldier & civil war are the best MCU movies. Both 9-10/10 movies.

I don't expect anything less from the Russos again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31 Straight-Fire  Online

Yeah. Whatever.
Yeah. Whatever.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: It’ll be extremely hard for this film to be worst then Justice League.. any film for that matter.

quite true!

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:

Many others including me (If I put in some effort) could debate with you on the quality of MCU films, but that's not really what I am pointing at right now.

I am pointing at facts. Every attack/praise you made runs almost completely contrary to most critics claimed of the MCU/DCEU. While it is possible to have extreme opinion, any good faith assumed by other posters are running out as time goes by when you kept insisting on the same points in an inflammatory manner despite everyone reasoning again and again.

It is okay to say you don't like the franchise. It is another to ignore the positive aspects and kept harping on the negative or the lack thereof.

Debate me then if you feel that way. I can explain in depth why I think which way about each movie.

I suppose it helps to form my own opinions then doesn't it. Who's reasoning, critics? Or yours? Because the ones on this site have been very lackluster to say the least.

I just think Marvel fans hypocrisy is funny.

Make thread bashing DCEU: LOL, so true and funny!

Bash MCU in a thread: WAAAAAAAAAAA but RT and BO WAAAAAAAAAA!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

The signs are the same, along with the notion that like JL, Infinity War was for one reason or another changed from a 2 parter down to one.

But, Infinity War, hasn't had to wrestle with conflicting visions between studio and directors, and didn't change directors midway. So I am kinda expecting IW to be functional and cohesive in the story part though possibly somewhat dimwitted, but like most Marvel movies; rather lacking in the spectacle department like CV was.

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bait.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm said:
@richardcranium said:
@motm said:

Debate me then if you feel that way. I can explain in depth why I think which way about each movie.

I suppose it helps to form my own opinions then doesn't it. Who's reasoning, critics? Or yours? Because the ones on this site have been very lackluster to say the least.

I just think Marvel fans hypocrisy is funny.

Make thread bashing DCEU: LOL, so true and funny!

Bash MCU in a thread: WAAAAAAAAAAA but RT and BO WAAAAAAAAAA!

If you're not a fan of Marvel films why do you go to those threads making negative comments? That wreaks of trolling. If you think justice league is so ' good' and marvel movies overrated go make a thread for it with people that agree with you.

You can form your own opinions but your opinions aren't gospel. Most people (both critics and audiences ) don't agree with you. Go hold like a badge of honor somewhere else .

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@motm: so,how's the life with the snyder cult?

Avatar image for deactivated-5add3922b3476
deactivated-5add3922b3476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way that it can be worse than Thor 2

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MoTM

@madcrusher said:

If you're not a fan of Marvel films why do you go to those threads making negative comments? That wreaks of trolling. If you think justice league is so ' good' and marvel movies overrated go make a thread for it with people that agree with you.

You can form your own opinions but your opinions aren't gospel. Most people (both critics and audiences ) don't agree with you. Go hold like a badge of honor somewhere else .

No need, I have threads like this. If you have an issues with any of my posts, then at me and we can have a conversation about. Don't get all butthurt just because someones saying something you don't like.

Never said they were. Lol again, feel free to dispute any of my posts. Telling someone to "go somewhere else" wreaks of cowardice and low cunning. If you don't agree with me, dispute that, simple.

@mowjack Lmao who said anything about Snyder? Disney must of been telling you lies again.

madcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By madcrusher

@motm said:
@madcrusher said:

No need, I have threads like this. If you have an issues with any of my posts, then at me and we can have a conversation about. Don't get all butthurt just because someones saying something you don't like.

Never said they were. Lol again, feel free to dispute any of my posts. Telling someone to "go somewhere else" wreaks of cowardice and low cunning. If you don't agree with me, dispute that, simple.

@mowjack Lmao who said anything about Snyder? Disney must of been telling you lies again.

You wreak of some insecure about how much the DCEU has been a huge failure(critically, audience, box office wise).

If you like trash (JL)it's ok no one cares. Just don't go to marvel boards with constant negativity - it reflects a person who is miserable with themselves.

MoTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MoTM

@madcrusher said:
@motm said:

You wreak of some insecure about how much the DCEU has been a huge failure(critically, audience, box office wise).

If you like trash (JL)it's ok no one cares. Just don't go to marvel boards with constant negativity - it reflects a person who is miserable with themselves.

Lol I don't have an investment in either company, I'm not making money off DCEU or MCUs success. I prefer DCEU, sue me. You're obviously extremely triggered by that, for what reason I'm not sure exactly.

And if you like generic factory made films that's fine, I'll try not to judge you for that. I'm going to continue to do that for the trash MCU movies I think are overrated, sorry. Again, kinda curious as to why you're so triggered. If you don't like what I say then DISPUTE IT, telling someone to "go away" because they can't handle or comprehend what someone else is saying is childish, perhaps you are.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@originalcaptain said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao ok there.

vsw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e
deactivated-5ae4a3e17c71e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm super happy that I'm getting a movie based on infinity war that'll do the characters justice.

njchrispatrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My big worry is that it'll lack the strength and direction of Black Panther. Too many Marvel movies lately have prized comedy over plot, and the last thing I want is for them to do that on a huge scale.

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it can definitely slop but it can also be a massive success.

it won't handle a candle to it's comic book counterpart that's for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad6141e8751d
deactivated-5ad6141e8751d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tis but a bait