WandaVision Official Discussion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don’t know about you fellas and gals... but that “lose your goose joke” was entirely inappropriate and explicit.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So great start to a good show. Can’t wait for things to get freaky.

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatwave666: lol I must’ve already forgot, what happened with that line?

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen: why do you say all that about the story, having said the very post before that it hasn’t even picked up yet?

I’m not tryna diss, I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes, just curious.

I agree about the acting tho. People dissing, but they perfectly captured the tropes they were going for IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supremegeneration:

It was when the neighbor came by to introduce herself and complained about her husband not satisfying her sexually lol.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@supremegeneration: I was explaining that I understand why the other guy could find it boring because the plot hasn’t yet expanded, but the second post is my opinion. The story is already the most experimental and complex thing the MCU has ever made, and the acting is amazing honestly.

Avatar image for deactivated-603506ba17b96
deactivated-603506ba17b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The acting was amazing and immersive.

I mean it looks great portrayal of chemistry between those characters i admit

The story is complex, artistic, almost eerie, and unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.

hmmm i don't think so but this is my impression

The character dynamics are also beautiful and Elizabeth and Paul have so much chemistry on screen and off screen it shows.

That's what i told

I mean i can't really define acting. To me acting is ability to portray character realistically in all aspects. Accents, body language, facial expression, character, line reading, intonations etc. Just watch show/movie and you see as realistically acting character which actor protrays. Bad acting is like actor is trying to fit into role but it's poorly made. Like Gal Gadot as Diana, Laura Vandevort as Supergirl, this main character from Tnet, acting in some x-men movies, Will Smith/Adam Sandler/Ben Affleck trio etc. everything sounds artificial as terminator. They are good to play Terminator/emotionless cyborgs.

The thing what i hate are some plotholes. After Endgame, Captain Marvel and Thor movies they have left tons of plotholes which make no sense and no literal continuity sticking. I am afraid this show is gonna leave plotholes. Like generally Dr Strange's powers: in Infinity War says he can't go back home from Titan to Earth then somehow "magically" can conjure portal to Earth in Endgame. So as rest of his powers like how they work, what are their limits/capabilities like his teleportation tricks in Ragnarock ( why couldn't he use them in Endgame/IW ? ).

For instance i wonder how Wanda has those conjuring?/replacing?/teleporting? powers, is this happening real, how Vision is alive then and android can make children to her ? This is what intrigues me but maybe i am impatient guy.

I will wait for later eps

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love how the supposed guys that makes critics are already calling it bad for no reason despite the show having just only 2 episodes atm

as for the series in general i could say it started a bit slower but its understandable considering how the timeframe of the episodes is only 26 minutes long

acting is on touch and its good for this new interpretation of the characters

plot could be a bit more engaging but its funnier

overall i hope it starts taking shape by all their wacky stuff their presented on the trailers.

jojjimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its interesting so far. cant wait to see what's really going on and how Wanda ended up where she is. also, I predict the Silver Surfer will show up and steal Wanda from Vision. vibranium ain't got nothing of power cosmic infused silver.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: Wanda’s powers are magic as stated by the directors. Since she is completely untrained her powers don’t form the same symbols Doctor Strange’s powers do. Rather it’s unrefined and messy. Magic can allow for reality warping so it’s not at all a plot hole. Just an expansion of her powers.

Acting is just being able to fit the scene of whatever you are doing while keeping your audience interested. Elizabeth and Paul both did amazing and already I can see this being some of the best acting in the MCU period.

The story needs to start slow and vague so the audience can understand what is happening to the characters. Even though it’s starting slow it’s still extremely entertaining and captivating.

FangDaNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story is complex, artistic, almost eerie, and unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.

The character dynamics are also beautiful and Elizabeth and Paul have so much chemistry on screen and off screen it shows.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 death4bunnies  Moderator

@emmafrostxmen said:

+1

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

More hyped now than I was before

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's interesting so far, even if the first two episodes do seem to have a lot of filler. And I am curious to who is trying to contact Wanda from the outside.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention how great Paul Bettany's acting is. He was especially great in the magic show scene.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7 said:
said:

@mama7:

First, don’t see how anyone can claim the acting is terrible

Second, the show is literally meant to be a mystery that gradually unfolds. But I’m curious, what plot holes could you have gotten out of the first two episodes

Ok i mean Paul has shitty acting, but Elizabeth has great.

Plotholes let say how has this happened, how Wanda powers work and how she has this teleportation powers etc.

Lol, those things aren't plot holes. Those are basic plot threads that the show will almost certainly dive into as it progresses.

Look, love the show or hate the show, that's up to you. But if you're going to hate it, have a valid reason, and those not plot holes aren't.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@supremegeneration:

The man in the Beekeeper suit looked like a reference to A.I.M., which would explain why Wanda looked afraid. Probably knew of the organization either back during the Hydra experiments, or at least when Ross arrested Team Cap.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

Also, the series looks fantastic already. It was about time the MCU expanded on their artistic choices and tried different tones, and the 70s sitcom tone was beautifully executed. Liz and Bettany were great (it was also nice to see Debra Jo Rupp) and the horror-hinting brief moments were absolutely perfectly put to gradually lead up to DS II.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 death4bunnies  Moderator

@supremegeneration:

The man in the Beekeeper suit looked like a reference to A.I.M., which would explain why Wanda looked afraid. Probably knew of the organization either back during the Hydra experiments, or at least when Ross arrested Team Cap.

He has a sword logo on his back...I think he was a agent...I dont know why the bees.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator  Online

@death4bunnies: I just noticed the symbol, so yes, apparently. Pretty weird choice though, that suit is literally the signature of A.I.M.

I saw an interesting idea by someone though. If S.W.O.R.D. is trying to stop Wanda’s sitcom reality and they’re next to her in the real body, they might be sending in helicopters and scientists. Might be how they manifest to her reality in her head, the toy helicopter and the beekeeper.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 death4bunnies  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Ya very weird.. does aim usually have bees, there are bees around him.

Very strange but I’m hype for it.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By death4bunnies  Moderator

@anthp2000:

Ya maybe, we’ve been speculating that she has a reality bubble that sword is outside of, and when they send someone or somthing in they have to fit in to not upset wandas subconscious..

Like how reality shakes when she gets upset or there is a question she can’t (or doesn’t want to) answer.

Also someone else speculated that her subconscious is defending her from bad thoughts/experiences (that may jog her memory) by doing things like turning helicopters into toys.

—-

I also am suspicious of that toaster, it beeps ominously.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: Wanda’s powers are magic as stated by the directors. Since she is completely untrained her powers don’t form the same symbols Doctor Strange’s powers do. Rather it’s unrefined and messy. Magic can allow for reality warping so it’s not at all a plot hole. Just an expansion of her powers.

Problem is i still don't understand how she suddenly out of nowhere discovered those powers inside her. Like no explanation what is weird.

But this is still seriously hard to understand.

Problem is with all marvel/dc/dragon ball that magic is always messy as it is as powerful as plot wants them to be. We need statements what are her limits, capabilities, mechanism of powers etc.

Acting is just being able to fit the scene of whatever you are doing while keeping your audience interested. Elizabeth and Paul both did amazing and already I can see this being some of the best acting in the MCU period.

Maybe

The story needs to start slow and vague so the audience can understand what is happening to the characters. Even though it’s starting slow it’s still extremely entertaining and captivating.

True

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GraniteVision
Avatar image for deactivated-60660f4e8bac4
deactivated-60660f4e8bac4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Vision can phase inside person after all.

Avatar image for deactivated-603b4f7d38d2b
deactivated-603b4f7d38d2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here are videos that are predictions for WandaVision:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for thanos_thebadas
thanos_thebadas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reality warping

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 cocacolaman  Moderator

I'm kind of scared for this show atm. Wanda is literally a house wife while Vision does all the work himself, and considering how absolutely stupid the human race is it wouldn't amaze me if people get mad for Marvel being "stereotypical."

The show's nailing what it's going for but I'm not 100% sure how much I like what they're going for. I was cringing, but in a good way, kind of, for half the time I was watching.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 death4bunnies  Moderator

I'm kind of scared for this show atm. Wanda is literally a house wife while Vision does all the work himself, and considering how absolutely stupid the human race is it wouldn't amaze me if people get mad for Marvel being "stereotypical."

The show's nailing what it's going for but I'm not 100% sure how much I like what they're going for. I was cringing, but in a good way, kind of, for half the time I was watching.

Don’t worry, the seventies are on their way.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7: well magic in the MCU is pretty much just reality warping as shown by Strange, and Wanda’s powers have always been tied to her mental state. Her brain is so traumatized at this point her getting ridiculous powers makes sense.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#83 frozen  Moderator

@mama7: Adam Sandler and Ben Affleck are definitely not bad actors.

Sandler won acclaim for his role in Uncut Gems, and Affleck returned to form in The Way Back (2020), where he plays an alcoholic high school basketball coach.

Even in Sandler's crappy comedies, he's not actually bad. Those movies are just written to be bad.

SamHerkel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I've seen by the episodes, I have the feeling that Wanda has created Vision from her memories and is helping him build his own memories by creating new ones.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bump

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, it will be interesting to see where things go after the next episode here's to things getting freaky lol

Naruto_buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imagine if Wanda’s children are sons of Mephisto through a puppet-Vision in the MCU. Using her “memories” and “lost” to create powerful heirs with the strongest Witch that could rival and kill Thanos.

BOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First two episodes were amazing. Still a bit early for predictions, but I can see this ending up in my top 3 CBTV shows.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen said:

@mama7: well magic in the MCU is pretty much just reality warping

As Ancient One explained to him:

The language of the Mystic Arts is as old as civilization. The sorcerers of antiquity called the use of this language "spells," but if that word offends your modern sensibilities, you can call it a "program"; the source code that shapes reality. We harness energy drawn from other dimensions of the Multiverse to cast spells, to conjure shields and weapons, to make magic.

She said "shape reality". i don't really know at all what is actual/universal definition of "reality warping". Magic always have different definition in every verse. Like in Harry Potter it is just art which can be practised only by wizards etc. Or in DC shows magic is called ability to manipulate primordial forces of the universe

as shown by Strange, and Wanda’s powers have always been tied to her mental state.

I agree with every word you said, but really i don't like when they don't explain things. Like they didn't care to explain this teleportation inside Sanctum on Blecker street in Thor: Ragnarock. Like seriously why couldn't he use that trick on Thanos. This would save a lot of his live.

My speculations:

1. Either it is limited to certain locations.

2. Maybe they only work if he holds special relic ( as Mordo said some magic is too hard to harness by organims so they 'channel' it into objects ) like maybe his golden gloves do that or sth.

3. Magic is as strong as plot says so as it is power beyond logic/explanations.

Her brain is so traumatized at this point her getting ridiculous powers makes sense.

That's true

TobeyMaguire84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the one on crazy pill here. They stretched all 50s sitcom novelty too much and nothing happened.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if this comes off as a vent, but I have to say it; what is up with Disney+ shows and long ass credits sequences. Mandalorian and WandaVision episodes are like, 20% credits, what is up with that?

dami24434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving it so far...but the episodes are too short

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 eslay03  Online

It was good. I’m not overly impressed yet, but I am intrigued. Looking forward to the next episodes.

Drax5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me and my mom watched it together. It reminds us of this show we always watch called Bewitched.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#95  Edited By krisbishop  Moderator

Yeah, parodying sitcoms for 2 out of the 8 episodes is a bit much. Have to see how they move on from here on.

Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany's perfomances were great though, of course.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the one on crazy pill here. They stretched all 50s sitcom novelty too much and nothing happened.

This is typical current MCU disneyish show. A lot of jokes, drama + leaving tons of plotholes which makes no sense and no caring to explain things.

Deathu101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mama7:

What is up with your hate Bonner for the MCU? Did the mcu kill your family or something for you to become like this.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 death4bunnies  Moderator

@mama7:

What is up with your hate Bonner for the MCU? Did the mcu kill your family or something for you to become like this.

+1

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
DarkPsychicLord_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathu101 said:

@mama7:

+1

+2