Wait....What the Heck? (Dark Avengers)

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By King Quisling

Okay so in issue #9 of Dark Avengers the Sentry got his face blown off by his wife & for some reason C.L.O.C was there, whom we haven't seen in quite some time. Then in issue #10 we see Sentry and he's completely fine and nothing is mention concerning what happened with his wife or how his face grew back. Now is Bendis really that crappy of a writer that he'd discredit stuff almost immediately after he writes it or did he just think no one would notice? 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I think that was Sentry having a mental breakdown. The part with his wife shooting him wasn't real. If I'm remembering the scene correctly, that's what happened.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By King Quisling
@JediXMan: Oh that's what was going on? I know recently, since Dark Avengers started, his wife mentions how afraid of him she is and even back when he was on the New Avengers she feared him. I thought she "killed" him because she finally came to terms with the man she loved being gone. 
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

It wasn't a delusion. Bullseye heard the shot. My theory is that Sentry is constantly altering reality. If you remember back in the first arc of Mighty Avengers his wife was killed by Ultron and inexplicably returns (not even he knows why). Sentry also returns from death after Morgan Le Fey kills him among other unexplained things that really don't fit into what the Sentry is.

Anyway, Bendis said that everything would be explained in a later issue concerning the Sentry and his face being shot off.

ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ARMIV
@iLLituracy said:
" It wasn't a delusion. Bullseye heard the shot. My theory is that Sentry is constantly altering reality. If you remember back in the first arc of Mighty Avengers his wife was killed by Ultron and inexplicably returns (not even he knows why). Sentry also returns from death after Morgan Le Fey kills him among other unexplained things that really don't fit into what the Sentry is.  Anyway, Bendis said that everything would be explained in a later issue concerning the Sentry and his face being shot off. "
All that right there makes me hate Sentry even more than I do now.
speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By speedlgt

he will die and come back in everyother issue they are building him up to be GOD in the marvel u
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By King Quisling
@iLLituracy: That makes a hell of a lot of sense. :) I figured he had to be more than even he thinks he is after the whole Morgan Le Fay thing. Also I totally forgot about Ultron killing his wife.... What the crude is going on?! Lol I'm tired of the whole "I'm so powerful it's scary but I'm also crazy so I'm even more scary" thing Sentry has going on. 
Avatar image for breaker_envoy_of_setron
Breaker envoy of Setron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You see! That damn retard keeps confusing the fans! Kill him! lol

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King Quisling
@Breaker envoy of Setron: Yeah, I really dug Sentry when he first show up but once Bendis became the only person writing him he's become such a confusing, pretty uninteresting and annoying character. Can't say that I'd care much if he just vanished with no explanation. He won't be missed. 
zweener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zweener

Things were awry in that issue, most likely Molecule Man is involved. I expect things to be explained tomorrow.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@iLLituracy said:
" It wasn't a delusion. Bullseye heard the shot. My theory is that Sentry is constantly altering reality. If you remember back in the first arc of Mighty Avengers his wife was killed by Ultron and inexplicably returns (not even he knows why). Sentry also returns from death after Morgan Le Fey kills him among other unexplained things that really don't fit into what the Sentry is.  Anyway, Bendis said that everything would be explained in a later issue concerning the Sentry and his face being shot off. "

Hmm. Makes sense. I actually didn't remember the issue too well.
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By The_Martian
@iLLituracy said:
I think most of it will be explained in Dark Avengers #14. Its supposed too reveal all of Sentry's secrets and explain exactly what he is.
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By dane

um didn't he one time drink an entire lake of LSD?

now this is just a theory but um, maybe he's on a super sweet drug trip and has been for years on end. It would explain literally everything.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King Quisling
@Dane: That was a delusion. That evil hippy never existed.  

@Nobody: It was explained exactly what he was in Sentry:Reborn that he was essentially a super-soldier multiplied by like 1000. 
dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By dane
@King Quisling: damn dude, that was his best villain to date.
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King Quisling
@Dane: Lol yeah I thought he was pretty funny, same with the Blue Buffoon, but they were just comic characters Bob came up with when he was a teenager. 
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Martian
@King Quisling said:
" @Dane: That was a delusion. That evil hippy never existed.  

@Nobody: It was explained exactly what he was in Sentry:Reborn that he was essentially a super-soldier multiplied by like 1000.  "
Well apparently to Bendis that wasn't good enough.
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By King Quisling
@Nobody: Lol right on. He's a good writer but has his sorta hit or miss periods. 
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sentry didn't alter reality.I believe it was Norman Osborn who helped Sentry recover.In an issue of Spider-Man during the American Son arc you can see Sentry in a tube in his lab with something over his face.I would assume that was when Norman was putting him back together.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Martian
@Vance Astro said:
" Sentry didn't alter reality.I believe it was Norman Osborn who helped Sentry recover.In an issue of Spider-Man during the American Son arc you can see Sentry in a tube in his lab with something over his face.I would assume that was when Norman was putting him back together. "
I don't think that was Sentry.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" Sentry didn't alter reality.I believe it was Norman Osborn who helped Sentry recover.In an issue of Spider-Man during the American Son arc you can see Sentry in a tube in his lab with something over his face.I would assume that was when Norman was putting him back together. "
I don't think that was Sentry. "
What other long haired blonde's does he know? In fact..what other long haired blonde males are there besides Thor?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Martian
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:

" @Vance Astro said:

What other long haired blonde's does he know? In fact..what other long haired blonde males are there besides Thor? "
I think I remember the scene. Wasn't it just some random guy he was testing the super soldier serum on?
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:

" @Vance Astro said:

What other long haired blonde's does he know? In fact..what other long haired blonde males are there besides Thor? "
I think I remember the scene. Wasn't it just some random guy he was testing the super soldier serum on? "
I think he was doing some testing on random people.There were other tubes.Where did Norman get the serum?
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Martian
@Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Nobody said:

" @Vance Astro said:

I think I remember the scene. Wasn't it just some random guy he was testing the super soldier serum on? "
I think he was doing some testing on random people.There were other tubes.Where did Norman get the serum? "
I think he was attempting to make his own with his goblin forumla.