• 70 results
#1 Edited by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

So recently I began make some blogs where I make lists about stuff some might not know about generally popular superheroes and villains.

I want YOU to pick your favorite fact. Name up to two facts from the blogs and post them here. Later, I will count them and make a top five of the ones with the most votes.

Here are the you-might-not-know facts from said blogs:

Lex Luthor sold his soul to the devil for regained health.

No Caption Provided

Long story short: Luthor had cancer because he always kept a piece of Kryptonite on him. He was dying, so he staged his death, then transplanted his brain into a cloned body of himself when he was young and had hair and pretended to be his son, Lex Luthor Jr. But then the clone body grew old and sick super fast because of unstable science or something, so he tried to die in a blaze of glory by taking half of Metropolis with him since he believed half of the city was his, but Superman stopped this and Lex was sent to a hospital where he had to wait for death to eventually end his pain.

Then Neron, DC's version of Mephisto, arrived at his death bed, offering him to turn him into a man in his prime without any sickness at all in return of his soul. Luthor doesn't believe in such things as the devil or the soul, but agreed since he was dying so why the hell not... and became a man in his thirties, healthy and strong. Lex realized that he should have asked for hair as well.

Sinestro became a monster as soon as he got the Green Lantern ring.

No Caption Provided

Hell, he wasn’t even selected by the ring, it was given to him. Shows us that he was probably never meant to be a GL.

Before he became a GL, Sinestro was an anthropologist who found a wounded and dying Green Lantern named Prohl Gosgotha who gave Sinestro his ring so he could defend himself against the one who was trying to kill Gosgotha. Afterwards, Gosgotha asked for his ring back to keep him alive long enough to get help. But Sinestro knew that it would mean that he would not become a Green Lantern himself, so he watched as Gosgotha died so could keep the ring.

Power corrupts.

Galactus has a daughter.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, this is a canon thing.

Her name is Gali, AKA Galacta. She has the same powers as the world consumer, but can control her hunger. She uses her powers to protect the planet from threats like alien viruses and living biological weapons by consuming them.

Deadshot started out as a fraud hero.

No Caption Provided

Believe it or not but the most well-known member of the Suicide Squad’s first costume was a tuxedo and a tophat as he made his debut as Gotham’s new crimefighter, only so he could take over the city’s racket in secret. He was exposed by Batman and swore revenge, becoming the famous hit-man we know today.

Kingpin is a vegan.

No Caption Provided

Seriously, no kidding. He is.

Doctor Sivana used to live on Venus.

No Caption Provided

Sivana used to be a kind and optimistic young scientist who only wished to make the world a better place. But his new ideas and revolutionary inventions and theories got rejected over and over again by cynical politicians and crony industrialists who liked the world just the way it was. Growing bitter, Sivana did what anyone else in his shoes would have done.

He build a space-rocket and flew to Venus with his children. And he stayed on the planet until his kids had reached adulthood, then went back to Earth in order to conquer it.

Duh!

Harley Quinn is super-human.

No Caption Provided

After almost getting killed by her darling Pumpkin, a badly wounded Harley was found by Poison Ivy who fixed her up AND gave her superpowers as well. She is immune to poison and has slightly enhanced strength and agility.

Chameleon is in love with Peter Parker.

No Caption Provided

Chameleon once found out who Spidy really was and took on the appearance of Peter Parker as a way of ruining his enemy's life. But after walking in Pete's shoes, experiencing his life, Chameleon grew more and more obsessed, NOT with Spider-Man, but the man under the mask.

In the end, Chameleon realized that he was madly in love with Peter.

Red Skull became a monster after killing a girl he loved.

No Caption Provided

Back when Johann Schmidt was a young, "troubled" man, he fell in love with the daughter of a shopkeeper he worked for. Her name was Esther, and she was the first person in his young life who had been kind to him. He wanted to confess his love for her, but being the "troubled" young man he was, he then instead tried to force himself on her, then murdered her.

He felt great after this horrible act and realized how much he liked hurting and killing.

Joker sold his soul to Neron.

No Caption Provided

In case you do not know, Neron is to DC what Mephisto is to Marvel. He makes deals in exchange for souls, usually villains who gets a powerboost or something else they need.

Joker sold his soul to Neron in exchange for a box of Cuban cigars.

SURE! WHY NOT?!

Kingpin used to have a laserbeam cane.

No Caption Provided

Daredevil's most hated enemy was somewhat more of a Bond villain when he tangoed with Spider-Man. One example of his more cliche villain traits was a cane with a diamond on the top that had a laser beam installed if Fisk needed to defend himself in a scenario where his insane muscle wouldn't be enough.

Lex Luthor was married to an immortal woman.

No Caption Provided

Lex was married once to Contessa Erica Alexanda Del Portenza. Contessa was an old associate of Lex that had gained control over Lex Corp after Lex had lost it, so he married her in order to get it back. Contessa was an extremely wealthy woman due to being thousand of years old and having a network of criminal associates and illegal businesses. Contessa and Lex became enemies after she had given birth to their daughter that neither of the parents wanted to share with the other.

Doctor Sivana could break out of jail thanks to math.

No Caption Provided

And I don't mean it as in he could calculate the best way to somehow escape, I mean that he knows a mathematical formula which, when recited, allowed him to walk through walls and solid objects, making himself almost impossible to imprison or even catch. Long-term use of this technique takes a life-endangering physical toll on the user.

Professor Zoom hates Flash for killing him.

No Caption Provided

When the Reverse flash traveled to the past to meet Barry Allen, he did so because he was his biggest, most mentally unstable fan. But he miscalculated and arrived shortly after Barry had died and he learned after visiting the Flash Museum that he was dead in this time, killed by his idol. Zoom lost whatever he had left of sanity and decided to avenge himself... which resulted in him creating the situation where he got killed by the Flash.

Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay.

No Caption Provided

Doom once traveled to the past and met Morgan Le Fay, one of the greatest sorcerers of all time and the sister to the legendary king Arthur. She tutored him in the dark arts and they even had an affair. One that resulted in a daughter named Caroline Le Fay who is a villain in present time since her mother sent her to the future to be raised by her followers.

The Thing was once a millionaire.

No Caption Provided

Ben became a millionaire after the market value of stock that Reed had given him had sky-rocketed. He used this wealth to live the life of a playboy but also used his money for others, like building a community center in Yancy Street that he named after his dead older brother, the "Daniel Grimm Youth Center".

Batman saved Joker from the electric chair.

No Caption Provided

Joker had once been sentenced to the chair because people had died after licking stamps that were poisoned.

Everyone was happy about it… Except for Batman. He is a detective, and he KNEW that it wasn’t the Joker, the evidence just did not fit. Robin and Oracle were confused why he would save the Joker. Sure, he was not responsible for the stamp murders, but so what? He was responsible for so many other deaths, why should he be saved, simply because he was innocent in this specific case?

Batman’s answer was simple: Letting Joker take the blame for this specific murder would be wrong, no matter what he had done in the past. Also it would mean that the actual murderer would get away with it.

Spider-Man once had a black costume.

No Caption Provided

NO, I'm not referring to the symbiote.

AFTER getting rid of the alien goo that would later become half of one of his worst enemies, Spider-Man used a black costume that Black Cat had made for him since she liked the black and white look. Spidy wore the costume for years, until Venom came along and Peter felt uncomfortable wearing a costume that made him look like a crazy murderer.

Superman knows Kryptonian martial arts.

No Caption Provided

Superman is trained in Horu-Kanu, a Kryptonian karate-like fighting style that is preferred by Kryptonian soldiers and mainly focuses on pressure points.

Barry Allen(and Wally West) supports the death penalty.

No Caption Provided

The Flash is a superhero, and superheroes do not kill. But that is not the same as saying that Barry Allen did not support the death penalty, something most members of the Justice League does not.

Spider-Man once won a game of poker against Kingpin.

No Caption Provided

Spider-Man meets up with some of his friends once in a while for a game of poker where all the money goes to charity and the winner gets to decide what kind of charity cause. Kingpin found out about this tradition and crashes the party, asking to be allowed to enter the game as well, giving each hero 15000 dollars that he intends to win from them, just to humiliate them.

Fisk is a tough contender, but when it is time for the final showdown between Kingpin and Spidy, the webslinger wins the game by tricking Kingpin who could reads his body language into believing that he held pairs, not four aces.

Jason Todd used to be a Dick Grayson clone.

No Caption Provided

When Jason was first introduce in Batman comics, he was practically the same character as Dick. He became an orphan after Killer Crock had killed his circus acrobat parents.

And the readers actually liked him.

But then, he was rewamped after “Crisis on Infinite Earths” into the little dick that we know today. This change of his character was not well-received by fans at all.

Young Justice are to blame for Mr Mxyzptlk becoming a villain.

No Caption Provided

Superman’s most annoying foe used to be a reasonable scholar who only wanted to study simple 3-dimensional beings. After he was dragged into the future, me met Young Justice who introduced him to humor through “The Three Stooges” movies that the once boring and reasonable imp enjoyed so much that he dedicated his eternal life to mischief, then traveled to back to the past to annoy Superman.

Luke Cage’s first costume was suppose to make him look like an escape artist.

No Caption Provided

I don’t see it myself, but that was the intention.

Clark Kent has been told that he looks like Superman.

No Caption Provided

Yep, Clark doesn’t need those glasses as much as some would believe. He has taken them off several times, and been told that he kinda looks like Superman WITHOUT being exposed. People around him just thought it was kind of a funny coincidence that they look so much alike.

Starfire has a better credit score than Dick Grayson.

No Caption Provided

That's right, Dick used to be kinda helpless when it came to money since stuff like electricity bills and rents was something Alfred took care of, and then Kory after they moved in together.

So the alien princess from another planet is better at Earth finances than Nightwing :P

Guy Gardner has a bachelor's degrees in education and psychology from the University of Michigan.

No Caption Provided

Guy is honestly not as dumb as most would assume, he just has a temper that more than often gets the better of him. He used to love working with kids, just doesn't have the time for his passion for teaching children.

Martian Manhunter has been a member of the JLA the longest.

No Caption Provided

Out of all the members of the most powerful team of the DCU, Martian Manhunter has been on the team the longest. Until a few years ago, whenever a new JL team was formed, MM was part of the group. When they gathered together for the first time, when they started the Justice League International, when the League became simply known as the JLA in the 90s, J'onn J'onzz was usually there. He has even been present when Sups, Bats and Wondy wasn't there, there is no doubt that he is a JLA veteran. The first time he was not present when a new League was formed was in 2006 after Infinite Crisis, but he had a rough phase and some personal issues to go through.

Green Arrow has been trained by the man who trained Deathstroke.

No Caption Provided

After Star City had been ravaged and GA had been severely harmed in service, Ollie spend a couple of months on an island to heal as well as to train. Wanting to understand how villains fought and thought, Ollie managed to find Natas, a short and elderly assassin and the training instructor of Slade Wilson. Ollie paid him a ton of money for his training. Natas' training methods were borderline sadistic, but was worth every penny... even after Natas sent an army of hired killers to murder Ollie as his "graduation day test".

Superman's favorite dish is beef bourguignon.

No Caption Provided

Preferably with ketchup.

It's also the first home-cooked meal Lois made him.

Captain America used to be a freelance artist.

No Caption Provided

Back when Steve still had a secret identity, he worked as an illustrator, even had jobs with comic books. He managed to get the job as both artist and writer of the "Captain America" series, and people told him that the series had never been better after he took over.

Eat your heart out, Peter Parker!

Big Barda used to be a professional wrestler.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, that was weird.

And it took her a while to get that wrestling is fake... much to the other wrestlers' dismay.

Superman is the adopted father of General Zod's son.

No Caption Provided

While imprisoned inside the Phantom Zone, General Zod and his mate, Ursa, gave birth to a child they named Lor-Zod. Zod managed to use Phantom Zone technology to created a small space-worthy vessel that could maintain a substantial form and leave the Phantom Zone. As his son was the only Phantom Zoner capable of maintaining a physical form, Zod sent the rocket ship out of the Phantom Zone carrying the boy. The rocket landed on Earth and was found by Superman who pulled some strings and called in some favors so Clark and Lois could adopt the boy as their foster child. They named him Christopher Kent.

Iron Man got drunk in order to save the world.

No Caption Provided

During the series "Fear Itself", when a evil Norse god was about to end the world, Iron Man needed help from Odin. Knowing that gods needed sacrifices before giving a damn about a mere mortal's wants and needs.

So Tony gave up his sobriety in order to get Odin's attention.

Black Canary almost married Ras Al Ghul.

No Caption Provided

JESUS, Dinah!

#2 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Warlockmage (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker selling his soul for cigars (i totally support this)

#5 Edited by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr S living on Venus lol whaaa

gets me everytime therefore has my vote

#6 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau: Yeah, I think it is a shame that they did not include that part of his origin after Crisis on Infinite Earths.

But writers apparently remembered it and thought it was awesome since they named Sivana's wife Venus :P

No Caption Provided

#7 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

@infantfinite128 You voted "Barry Allen(and Wally West) supports the death penalty" and "Batman saved Joker from the electric chair", correct?

#8 Posted by mrmonster (15159 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Sivana's math powered prison escape takes the cake by far.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#9 Posted by amazing_webhead (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman knowing martial arts, because everyone makes such a big deal about him "only" having powers

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#10 Edited by IndomitableRegal (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Top 2? Sure. Also, strictly going with facts I didn't know beforehand. My faves:

1. Doctor Sivana could break out of jail thanks to math.
  2. Chameleon is in love with Peter Parker.
  3. Kingpin is a vegan.
  4. Luke Cage’s first costume was suppose to make him look like an escape artist.
  5. Black Canary almost married Ra's Al Ghul.
  6. Superman is the adopted father of General Zod's son.
Avatar image for infantfinite128
#11 Posted by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Amnesiak (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

Sivana living on venus and knowing the formula to break out of jail.

This man is a genius

#13 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Kairan1979 (26902 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd vote for tuxedo-wearing Deadshot.

#16 Posted by Darkthunder (2072 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: don't tag me for this contest

#17 Posted by amazing_webhead (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: oh, well in that case i'm also voting for "Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay."

#18 Posted by Kairan1979 (26902 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't notice I can pick up to 2 votes.

My second one - I pick "Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay".

#19 Posted by AssertingValor (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for sharing

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#20 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9411 posts) - - Show Bio

I knew 15 of these, which is surprising since it's majority DC. That Batman saving the Joker comic was always one of my favorites.

From this list most surprising are:

1. Black Canary <3 Ra's al Ghul
  2. Superman raising Zod's Son
#21 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for sharing

You're welcome. Two of the obscure facts you like more?

#23 Posted by mega6382 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Black Canary <3 Ra's al Ghul
  2. Superman knows Kryptonian martial arts.
#24 Posted by Gokluma (8601 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm voting for Batman saved Joker from the electric chair.

#25 Edited by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

Score so far:

Doctor Sivana could break out of jail thanks to math - 3 votes

Dr S living on Venus - 2 votes

Chameleon is in love with Peter Parker - 3 votes

Superman knowing martial arts - 2 votes

Joker sold his soul to Neron - 1 vote

Deadshot started out as a fraud hero - 1 vote

Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay - 2 vote

Black Canary almost married Ras Al Ghul - 2 votes

Superman is the adopted father of General Zod's son - 2 vote

Batman saved Joker from the electric chair - 2 vote

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17991 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Chameleon one is my favorite.

#27 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: @phisigmatau: @warlockmage: @indomitableregal: @infantfinite128: @amnesiak: @amazing_webhead: @kairan1979: @majinblackheart: @mega6382: @gokluma: @avenging_x_bolt:

Alright guys, "Chameleon is in love with Peter Parker" and "Doctor Sivana could break out of jail thanks to math" has three votes and makes it to the five. Need three more for the top five. We have a couple of two-voters. You each have two votes for which of these six obscure facts should make it to the top five.

Here are the candidates:

No Caption Provided

While imprisoned inside the Phantom Zone, General Zod and his mate, Ursa, gave birth to a child they named Lor-Zod. Zod managed to use Phantom Zone technology to created a small space-worthy vessel that could maintain a substantial form and leave the Phantom Zone. As his son was the only Phantom Zoner capable of maintaining a physical form, Zod sent the rocket ship out of the Phantom Zone carrying the boy. The rocket landed on Earth and was found by Superman who pulled some strings and called in some favors so Clark and Lois could adopt the boy as their foster child. They named him Christopher Kent.

No Caption Provided

Sivana used to be a kind and optimistic young scientist who only wished to make the world a better place. But his new ideas and revolutionary inventions and theories got rejected over and over again by cynical politicians and crony industrialists who liked the world just the way it was. Growing bitter, Sivana did what anyone else in his shoes would have done.

He build a space-rocket and flew to Venus with his children. And he stayed on the planet until his kids had reached adulthood, then went back to Earth in order to conquer it.

Duh!

No Caption Provided

Doom once traveled to the past and met Morgan Le Fay, one of the greatest sorcerers of all time and the sister to the legendary king Arthur. She tutored him in the dark arts and they even had an affair. One that resulted in a daughter named Caroline Le Fay who is a villain in present time since her mother sent her to the future to be raised by her followers.

No Caption Provided

Joker had once been sentenced to the chair because people had died after licking stamps that were poisoned.

Everyone was happy about it… Except for Batman. He is a detective, and he KNEW that it wasn’t the Joker, the evidence just did not fit. Robin and Oracle were confused why he would save the Joker. Sure, he was not responsible for the stamp murders, but so what? He was responsible for so many other deaths, why should he be saved, simply because he was innocent in this specific case?

Batman’s answer was simple: Letting Joker take the blame for this specific murder would be wrong, no matter what he had done in the past. Also it would mean that the actual murderer would get away with it.

No Caption Provided

Superman is trained in Horu-Kanu, a Kryptonian karate-like fighting style that is preferred by Kryptonian soldiers and mainly focuses on pressure points.

No Caption Provided

JESUS, Dinah!

#28 Posted by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Batman saved Joker from the electric chair. - I like what it says about Bruce as a character.

2. Black Canary almost married Ras Al Ghul.- This was a surprising fact. I missed this!

#29 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: X-Bolt makes it 4 for Chameleon, no? Also, these 2 votes are separate from our original 2?

#30 Posted by Doofasa (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Kingpin is a Vegan. How’d he get so Thicc?

2) Dr Sirvana breaking out of jail with math.

Interesting thread mate.

#31 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Ok. Going with Supes adopting Zod's son and Ra's/Dinah.

#34 Edited by mrmonster (15159 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Ra's al Ghul and Black Canary almost being a married couple.
  2. Dr. Sivana being a former Venus-ian.
#35 Posted by amazing_webhead (9819 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay.
  2. Superman knows Kryptonian martial arts.
#36 Posted by Amnesiak (3638 posts) - - Show Bio

Sivana living on Venus

#37 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa: Sorry, we are at the semi finals, so you have six choices:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Duh!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

JESUS, Dinah!

#38 Edited by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

Score so far with my vote:

Batman saved Joker from the electric chair - 2

Superman knows Kryptonian martial arts - 2

Black Canary almost married Ras Al Ghul - 3

Doctor Sivana used to live on Venus - 4

Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay - 2

Superman is the adopted father of General Zod's son -2

#39 Posted by Doofasa (2007 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2: Apologies mate, I didn’t realise.

1) Sivana used to live on Venus

2) Batman saved the Joker from the electric chair

#40 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

2)

Mr Mxyzptlk

#41 Posted by Lil_Remains (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Sivana and the walking out of prison one made me giggle quite a bit.

#42 Posted by Supermanthor (18996 posts) - - Show Bio

mxy

#43 Edited by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

@doofasa: @phisigmatau: @lil_remains: @supermanthor:

@mrmonster: @phisigmatau: @warlockmage: @indomitableregal: @infantfinite128: @amnesiak: @amazing_webhead: @kairan1979: @majinblackheart: @mega6382: @gokluma: @avenging_x_bolt:

Alright guys, "Black Canary almost married Ras Al Ghul" and "Doctor Sivana used to live on Venus" made it to the five. Now we just need to pick the fifth and final fact.

You have one vote each this time.

Here are the candidates:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#44 Posted by mrmonster (15159 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman adopted his little cousin, aka Zod's son.

#45 Posted by Warlockmage (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

Zod's son i guess

#46 Posted by infantfinite128 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice.

#47 Posted by phisigmatau (1795 posts) - - Show Bio

Sivana and the walking out of prison one made me giggle quite a bit.

lol ikr

something funny bout that pic

#48 Posted by amazing_webhead (9819 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by IndomitableRegal (15886 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman adopted Zod's son.

#50 Posted by waezi2 (24654 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman adopted Zod's son - 4

Doctor Doom has a daughter with Morgan Le Fay - 1

Batman saved Joker from the electric chair - 1