Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#1 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio

https://youtu.be/rkaubkFS8GU

Discuss

#2 Posted by jayc1324 (26422 posts) - - Show Bio

the very start of that vid had me cracking up lol but yes Kratos is a legitimate 1 million tonner, and he performed that feat with very little strain and for an extended period of time. He is on the level of strength where he will always be as strong as the story requires.

#3 Posted by KingLouie (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

I already know. He has Tremendous strength feats.

#4 Posted by StormShadow_X (16700 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos is as strong as he needs to be in any given part of the story

#5 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^

His best strenght feat would make him at multi trillion tonner. This is the most likely case as the game director himself even commented on Kratos' power level

#7 Posted by Kidolio (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I don’t think anybody would say that Kratos doesn’t have great lifting strength but I believe the reason people say Kratos is weak is because of his other stats and they don’t read the books. One more thing people on comicvine don’t really like Seth so people trusting that video may vary.

#8 Posted by joshua755 (3903 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder: when did he comment on his strength I would love to watch or read that lol

#9 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormshadow_x: that’s literally every character we debate in CV. I’d even argue that Kratos power level is more consistent than most of them.

#11 Edited by Gaoron (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

Problem with Kratos is that his striking feats are nowhere close to his high end lifting ones. It's like with Superman but on even bigger scale.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
#12 Posted by ThEBeStOfTheBeST (11244 posts) - - Show Bio

So.... universal+ Kratos? :/

#13 Posted by DarkHoudini (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Seth, and people wonder why we don’t take the time to debunk his claims, how can you argue against universal+ Kratos?

#14 Edited by geeman2 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

CV likes to downplay virtually every character, so this isn't surprising.

Seth is consistently wrong though, using him as a source isn't really useful. It legit takes a basic knowledge of how cities are built and knowledge on Bakugos quirk to debunk his All Might video lol.

and most of his other videos as well.

#15 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio

@geeman2: true but on this vid he used statements from people who have worked on the game and tie-ins as evidence.

#16 Edited by thor321 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

he isn't universal but his strength is definitely planetary+.

it's not that type of a game to look crazy like Bayonetta so he is limited what he can portray in the game hence people think he is weak.

#17 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

No he is as strong as plot needs him to be in any given scenrio that he needs to lift something heavy. His striking feats suck, he isn't that competent, why can't he leap further than 5 feet, why is it that he struggles to cut down trees and put craters in boulders... It goes on and on. His creators don't even know what to do with him, state that at his strongest he could punch Baldur so hard it would take days for him to return... So why didn't he? He was in Spartan Rage and his son was in imminent danger. Then we see him get trapped by some random vines and be nearly drowned if it wasn't for Atreus solving a puzzle...

Physics is ignored in this universe. The things he moves aren't nearly as heavy as they would be irl. Like that "temple" he flipped was just a room. He isn't a million tonner or planetary lol.

#18 Posted by thor321 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

guys, imagine if power scalers from comic vine are creating the game.

holy shit, that would suck asf.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
#19 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Seth is the guy who claims All Might is a Ftl multi-planet buster. His claims mean shit.

#20 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee: struggles to cut down trees? No, he was hiding his true power from Atreus at the time, literally 15 minutes later his fight with Baldur destroyed every tree in their path. And the part where he got trapped, we don’t even know what those were made out of, it could’ve have been magical for all we know.

And he didn’t punch Baldur that fast because Cory Barlog said, it would have been too long to pull off in one take because the camera never cuts in GOW. Imagine waiting days for Kratos to reach Baldur just to carry on the fight.

Physics are ignored in every fictional universe that’s in the fantasy genre. Inconsistencies are everywhere. The temple he flipped isn’t even his best feat of strength.

He has so many good feats but people on CV only ever highlight his low end feats.

#21 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by SaltySultan (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@b_r023: Some of his others videos are fine but holy shit that was possibly one of the worst VS debates videos I've ever seen.

All Might is MFTL because muh science and headcanon multipliers.

Miro has attosecond speed and is FTL with lowball (Yes, this was something he actually alluded to in his video)

Mirio is this fast because of quantum tunneling, is this ever said anywhere? Nope, it's completely headcanon.

The same FTL Mirio who got tagged by a bullet.

I'm pretty sure he was joking with that video or at least I hope.

#23 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Oh right I forgot he was still acting mortal at that point. Kratos strength is still exaggerated, his punches were barely making Baldur move over two feet, he even used a tree as a battering ram to send Baldur flying and all it did was chip off the roof of his cabin. Wether the vines were magical or not is moot point, Kratos is a god, his divine gift is super strength with supposedly no limits when he utilizes his anger, yet he was panicking in that instance. No enchanted vine trap should be able to spook or hold any god of his tier, especially not if his "Spartan Rage" was able to do anything.

We literally see Kratos struggle with less too. The first time we encounter an Ogre it snatches Kratos and has him at his mercy causing Atreus to jump in and save Kratos. He also was given trouble by a dragon.

Maybe Kratos is weaker in GoW5 compared to the past games because of age, I really don't know because the 5th is the only one I've actually played and took interest in. Though I do own the 3rd technically if I pay for PS Plus... Which sparks the question in my head of why does Kratos struggle to move a giants hammer and needs Atreus help to do so but I heard he stopped the Titan Kronos from crushing him between his hands... It just seems his feats are made on the fly to fit situations. And his striking and durability seriously pale to his occasional godly lifting feats

#24 Edited by ValorKnight (12412 posts) - - Show Bio

Video proof that GoW is a series riddled with outliers and inconsistencies.

#25 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee: his attacks were sending Baldur through trees, how can his punches only send him two feet and manage to do that? I know what you mean though but again to do that is to ignore context.

Being a God does not mean you’re completely invincible, think about the fact that he has stopped a Titan from crushing him, obviously that would mean their is more to the vine that was drowning him. But this is your first GOW game which explains a lot. And the Ogre fight happened before Kratos revealed he was a God to Atreus, everything prior to that was him holding back apart from his fight against Baldur which Atreus didn’t get to witness.

Kratos dominated that Dragon the entire fight. It’s been confirmed that his powers have not decreased, he’s just not as angry anymore.

#26 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: I'll just concede on the vine thing. It's weirder when Freya is stated to be a super powerful magic user second to Odin yet Kratos could break free from her vines after a slight hassle... And Odin himself didn't make the traps in Tyr's temple so how were the vines stopping him...

Even if it was before he revealed to Atreus he was a god it is still a low showing. He fought a troll with fire powers and the Trolls are >>> Ogres. Even with the Troll there is a canon book which confirm that he easily manhandled it so there would be no reason for him to hold back against the Ogre and pretend to be in trouble. Atreus already knew his dad was unnaturally strong when he was dragging the trees, lifting broken pillars, and stomping trolls.

With the dragon I was never under the impression that he dominated that fight. He even needed an elaborate plan to actually pierce the dragons hide with a stray structure and explosives.

#27 Edited by thor321 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

@dogzee: his attacks were sending Baldur through trees, how can his punches only send him two feet and manage to do that? I know what you mean though but again to do that is to ignore context.

Being a God does not mean you’re completely invincible, think about the fact that he has stopped a Titan from crushing him, obviously that would mean their is more to the vine that was drowning him. But this is your first GOW game which explains a lot. And the Ogre fight happened before Kratos revealed he was a God to Atreus, everything prior to that was him holding back apart from his fight against Baldur which Atreus didn’t get to witness.

Kratos dominated that Dragon the entire fight. It’s been confirmed that his powers have not decreased, he’s just not as angry anymore.

it's because of gameplay.

he fought Zeus one on one and was physically superior and managed to physically push back the Titans.

he struggles with lesser creatures because of gameplay reasons (they don't want to break game immersion).

it would be retarded if we just one shot everyone.

that's why game is AWESOME.

imagine if a hard core power scaler fan made this game then you would see ogre being one shot to the sun, dragon being finger flick to the Moon etc

fans don't really understand that.

that's why Cory said that they were getting many questions on how Kratos struggles to open chests, doors, cannot jump high etc.

I'll just concede on the vine thing. It's weirder when Freya is stated to be a super powerful magic user second to Odin yet Kratos could break free from her vines after a slight hassle... And Odin himself didn't make the traps in Tyr's temple so how were the vines stopping him...

actually, Freya was more powerful.

Odin knew her weaknesses etc so he overpowered her.

#28 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: Cinematics and cutscenes aren't gameplay mechanics. I know he one shots the fodder canonly and skips through all the petty stuff like chests.

Odin became more powerful than her after she taught him. There is no weakness involved.

#30 Edited by thor321 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee said:

@thor321: Cinematics and cutscenes aren't gameplay mechanics. I know he one shots the fodder canonly and skips through all the petty stuff like chests.

Odin became more powerful than her after she taught him. There is no weakness involved.

if a cutscene or cinematics are part of the battle then it is (Ogre, Dragons).

the creators are not stupid at all.

they know what are they doing.

they are not retards like us to power scale shit and that everything had to make sense.

besides, we shouldn't even argue really.

the creators spoke either way.

Mimir literally stated he knew her vulnerabilities.

he most likely became stronger after the banishment though.

#31 Posted by thor321 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness said:

@thor321: thank you!

no problem.

I understand from where are fans coming from so I get why they are very negative about it.

#33 Posted by Dogzee (528 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor321: No. Only when you, the player, are directly controlling Kratos and fighting does it count as a gameplay mechanic. Any instance where that is not the case like when in the middle of actual gameplay like say when you are fighting Baldur then it becomes a cinematic of you watching them fight on their own, is what actually canonly happened. The game itself is already heavily cinematic as it should be since games are evolving and they are one in the same. Beside your original statement has no ground because I never talked about any scenario that was gameplay. When the Ogre grabbed Kratos it wasn't gameplay mecahanic it was a cutscene, when he fought the dragon and stabbed it with the wooden structure it wasn't gameplay...

#34 Edited by thor321 (1923 posts) - - Show Bio

@dogzee said:

@thor321: No. Only when you, the player, are directly controlling Kratos and fighting does it count as a gameplay mechanic. Any instance where that is not the case like when in the middle of actual gameplay like say when you are fighting Baldur then it becomes a cinematic of you watching them fight on their own, is what actually canonly happened. The game itself is already heavily cinematic as it should be since games are evolving and they are one in the same. Beside your original statement has no ground because I never talked about any scenario that was gameplay. When the Ogre grabbed Kratos it wasn't gameplay mecahanic it was a cutscene, when he fought the dragon and stabbed it with the wooden structure it wasn't gameplay...

it's a one camera angle with no loading screens, flashbacks or where everything around you is cut so you can get a cutscene like in previous games (hell, it was hard to tell whenever you had to press a button or not)

it's literally impossible to get a scenario in which you fans would want though and you yourself said that the game heavily cinematic (everything is connected) so when you fight a fodder you will obviously see a struggle.

it would be like this

Cutscene - Dragon comes

Cutscene ends

we get into combat

now we finish him

Cutscene - Kratos finger flick him so that fans can get consistency

see where I'm going with this???

creators wants us to see struggle in a fight. they won't ruin it by having a cutscene where he barely touches him and he dies while we were having a hard time fighting it so that fans on comic vine can argue LoL.

it would look really retarded.

make Superman with the same stuff like in GoW 2018 and you would get the same thing.

I posted the link above so you can check it out fam.

(hell even in the comics you can see Superman, WW, Thor etc struggling to lift something that should be nothing to them)

#35 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

Kratos is underrated on Vine.

#36 Posted by Supermanthor (18992 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

#37 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15911 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#38 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (938 posts) - - Show Bio

He is amazing and his strength is at least planetary, but the gods he faced were completely fodder to most Marvel and DC gods. Have fun putting him against people like Lucifer Morningstar, Darkseid, Thanos, Thor, Odin, Hela, etc...

Kratos is impressive, but I don't see him hurting any of the people I listed. Maybe the Asgardians with his weapons from GOW 3, but that's about it.

#39 Posted by the_wspanialy (4034 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta love the intro, lol.

Good effort, but certain arguments and scaling are rather wanky, especialy the whole "duedrops from the Yggdrasil" thing.

Certain Viners however should obligatory watch 01:04 - 03:24 part of the video before entering any Kratos related thread.

#40 Posted by EICHHOLTZ (548 posts) - - Show Bio

still playing the new game now and haven't finished but the opening fight with Balder was insane and Kratos did drop a mountain on him basically lol. I know comic book equivalent characters are always gonna be ranked higher then Kratos but the guy is still a hoss (and the game is really fun)