• 62 results
Avatar image for theamazingspidey
Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (14057 posts) - - Show Bio

Amy Pascal just confirmed this in an interview with Kevin Feige. Watch the video below:

Source: https://twitter.com/ComicFade/status/876443828370255874

Holy shit, I still can't believe it.

#1 Edited by uugieboogie (11549 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm so confused... So Venom will be in the MCU?

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#2 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Amy Pascal just confirmed this in an interview with Kevin Feige. Watch the video below:

Source: https://twitter.com/ComicFade/status/876443828370255874

Holy shit, I still can't believe it.

Could it be? is Fox really joining forces with Disney/Marvel to take over the Film Industry?

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#3 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (14057 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes.

I don't know how I feel about this, haha. I mean, does it count as an MCU movie? A sony movie? I don't know.

#4 Posted by zaied (6641 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is if Venom will only be reserved for his own/Spider-Man films, or if he can appear in other MCU films, too.

#5 Posted by Rolex (190 posts) - - Show Bio

So much more confidence in the movie now.

#6 Posted by rogueshadow (23703 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#7 Edited by uugieboogie (11549 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey said:
@uugieboogie said:

Yes.

I don't know how I feel about this, haha. I mean, does it count as an MCU movie? A sony movie? I don't know.

That's why I'm so confused lol. I'm wondering if the MCU will even acknowledge the Venom movie, I remember reading somewhere that Spider-Man wouldn't even be apart of the MCU anymore after his sequel to Homecoming.

Sony needs to just sit back and let Marvel takeover IMO.

#8 Posted by All-Father (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they announce a while back that it wasn't?

#9 Posted by Solid_Snake97 (8058 posts) - - Show Bio

even better, Tom Holland is going to fight Tom Hardy....and lose :)

#10 Posted by StormShadow_X (12434 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm. Guess we don't need a blakc suit saga. Especially with teenage peter (Though Ult Spider-man pulled it off)

#11 Posted by Thesenate (453 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by The Stegman (38296 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe people will shut the hell up with premature judgement now.

#13 Edited by werkudoro (5746 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I'm hyped for this.

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
#14 Posted by TheLastDragonborn (1994 posts) - - Show Bio

I got an idea...

they set up a kickass spiderman movie and at the same time set up a kick ass venom movie then merge them.

#15 Edited by Asgaard (3546 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey said:

@uugieboogie said:

Yes.

This press Junkets for movies is where no hype is killed, but even acknowledging that, by Pascal words they sound more like they are building a world for Spider-Man, (but not necessarily inside the Mcu) the Tom Holland third Spider-Man movie (that as for now will not be produced by Feige and Marvel Studios) may explore the Spider-verse...

Also, when i was watching Sony's movie Life, there was a point when i was thinking if that was a Venom prequel or something...

#16 Posted by Slayz (2138 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: Wrong, from what I've read it's a complex issue. Basically Venom is only canon to whatever happens with MCU Spider-Man. To the rest of the MCU, he's not and exists in the Sonyverse.

Best example of this is Alien v Predator. Everything from Alien is canon in AvP, but nothing from AvP is canon to Alien.

#17 Posted by RavenVice01 (3282 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingspidey: so the Venom movie will have Spidey as a supporting character. Carnage will be the ultimate threat. Hopefully Hobgoblin makes an appearance in the film too. I wonder if Black Cat/ silver sable movie will be set in the MCU

#18 Posted by Eto (2755 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for amazing_webhead
#19 Posted by amazing_webhead (9131 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for purpledeadragon
#20 Posted by PurpleDeaDragon (751 posts) - - Show Bio

@eto said:

@purpledeadragon: Sony has thenSpidey related characters movie rights, NOT Fox.

Oops, my bad.

#21 Posted by Eto (2755 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by BruceRogers (9331 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. Thats good news

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#23 Posted by IndomitableRegal (9052 posts) - - Show Bio

So...Brock or Thompson?

#24 Posted by Superhero24 (2704 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. Is it still going to be rated R?

That is the real question.

#25 Posted by TVC-15 (4196 posts) - - Show Bio

Good

#26 Posted by Spidey_Jackson (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not good. ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜“

Beata

#27 Edited by PeterParkerJr (6710 posts) - - Show Bio

yes. Is it still going to be rated R?

That is the real question.

#28 Posted by Gotoucanario (1973 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't we get the exactly the opposite news like a week ago lol.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#29 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23070 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hilarious how much people value having films be in the same universe. Because we all know unless there's some sort of easter egg fanservice or name dropping in any given film the film overall just might not as well exist.

#30 Posted by FearTheLiving (8792 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Kevin Feige didn't confirm anything of the sort and Amy Pascal has been known to talk out of line this is far from confirmed.

If anything this could just be desperation on Pascal's part so people start giving a shit about Silver & Black and Venom after hearing that so many people didn't care because they weren't in the MCU. Not to mention during the whole interview KF looks like a deer caught in the headlights as if he has no idea why she's saying what she's saying. This could mean that she wasn't suppose to say anything yet but I'm more pressed to believe that they aren't connected and its a look of "WTF are you talking about."

So yeah until we get an actual confirmation I'm not believing a word, especially not when those words are coming from Pascal.

#31 Posted by uugieboogie (11549 posts) - - Show Bio

@asgaard said:

@uugieboogie said:

Yes.

This press Junkets for movies is where no hype is killed, but even acknowledging that, by Pascal words they sound more like they are building a world for Spider-Man, (but not necessarily inside the Mcu) the Tom Holland third Spider-Man movie (that as for now will no be produced by Feige and Marvel Studios) may explore the Spider-verse...

Also, when i was watching Sony's movie Life, there was a point when i was thinking if that was a Venom prequel or something...

I agree. I think they're just trying to do the samething they attempted with Garfield and build a universe around Spider-Man.

Now that you brought it up you have me thinking the samething now, especially with how it ended. I never paid any attention to which studio made the movie at first either.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
#32 Posted by deactivated-5967bf6197d40 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#33 Posted by silkyballfro94 (8051 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm, I thought I read an article a couple days ago with Kevin Feige saying Venom won't be part of the MCU or include Spiderman.........and now this. Venom probably won't be rated R, if true lol. Overall, this is confusing and weird.

#34 Posted by removekebab (3058 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Mizerous (413 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering Kevin Feige didn't confirm anything of the sort and Amy Pascal has been known to talk out of line this is far from confirmed.

If anything this could just be desperation on Pascal's part so people start giving a shit about Silver & Black and Venom after hearing that so many people didn't care because they weren't in the MCU. Not to mention during the whole interview KF looks like a deer caught in the headlights as if he has no idea why she's saying what she's saying. This could mean that she wasn't suppose to say anything yet but I'm more pressed to believe that they aren't connected and its a look of "WTF are you talking about."

So yeah until we get an actual confirmation I'm not believing a word, especially not when those words are coming from Pascal.

Yeah we need someone from Marvel to confirm this.

#36 Posted by Rock_Hard (220 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I wish we would of gotten a full movie with Spider-Man wearing the suit tho.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
#37 Edited by buttersdaman000 (19999 posts) - - Show Bio

Its hilarious how much people value having films be in the same universe. Because we all know unless there's some sort of easter egg fanservice or name dropping in any given film the film overall just might not as well exist.

#38 Posted by GeorgeWBush (7660 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good to me.

#39 Posted by Rock_Hard (220 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for indomitableregal
#40 Edited by IndomitableRegal (9052 posts) - - Show Bio

@rock_hard: ...I approve.

@asgaard said:
@uugieboogie said:

Yes.

This press Junkets for movies is where no hype is killed, but even acknowledging that, by Pascal words they sound more like they are building a world for Spider-Man, (but not necessarily inside the Mcu) the Tom Holland third Spider-Man movie (that as for now will no be produced by Feige and Marvel Studios) may explore the Spider-verse...

I agree. I think they're just trying to do the samething they attempted with Garfield and build a universe around Spider-Man.

Now that you brought it up you have me thinking the samething now, especially with how it ended. I never paid any attention to which studio made the movie at first either.

Never watched life, but that Wikipedia page brought up some pretty interesting evidence that the two may be connected.

#41 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (12682 posts) - - Show Bio

This is great news, that means weยดll have an R-Rated Venom in the MCU.

Avatar image for ithemanwithoutfeari
#42 Posted by ITheManWithoutFearI (3822 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats good news.

Otherwise it would have sucked I think ...

#43 Posted by Pipxeroth (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. Hopefully it's good then.

#44 Posted by ms-lola (10530 posts) - - Show Bio

@mizerous said:
@Feartheliving said:

Yeah we need someone from Marvel to confirm this.

Agreed.

#45 Posted by kgb725 (15085 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel will confirm or deny based on how good the movie is let's be honest

#46 Posted by Jonez_ (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

So normally I am not a fan of shoehorning multiple Avengers into a solo movie...

...But symbiote Hulk and Iron Man would be dank.

#47 Posted by Jonez_ (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

@kgb725 said:

Kevin Feige was sitting right next to her nodding his head. This is pretty set in stone.

#48 Posted by MAZAHS117 (9194 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank God. I for real thought they were going to do a Venom movie with no Spider-Man connection ๐Ÿ˜ถ...'cause y'know, SONY and all

#49 Edited by FearTheLiving (8792 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonez_ said:
@kgb725 said:

Kevin Feige was sitting right next to her nodding his head. This is pretty set in stone.

Um did we watch the same video? Cause not only does he not nod his head he doesn't say a word throughout the entire interview, the only thing he does is smile at the interviewer when he asks if there is a chance. So I'd say it's pretty far away from being "set in stone".

#50 Edited by Jonez_ (10658 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feartheliving: lol what? You think she just sat up there and lied right next to the president of Marvel Studios?

I think he might've chimed in if that was the case.

You don't tell this stuff to an interviewer unless that is what the contracts are saying. And she made it pretty clear that it's set in the MCU.