Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio

In January, DC Entertainment announced the return of the beloved characters from Hanna-Barbera in all new stories—and this lineup wouldn’t be complete without Jonny Quest and Scooby and the gang! Here, DC Entertainment is officially adding more variant covers from some of DC’s favorite artists!

No Caption Provided

Future Quest, due out first on May 18, will ship with a total of four variant covers (in addition to the standard cover) and here they are:

DC revealed the standard cover by series artist Evan “Doc” Shaner, Steve Rude's fantastic interpretation of Jonny Quest and his pal Hadji, as well as Bill Sienkiewicz's awesome rendition of Space Ghost.

And now Aaron Lopresti’s epic depiction of the Herculoids and Joe Quinones' Action Heroes variants can be added to that lineup!

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Next up is Scooby Apocalypse, out on May 25, which will ship with a total of five variant covers (in addition to the standard cover) and here they are:

DC revealed the standard cover by veteran artist Jim Lee, a tech-savvy Scooby-Doo (complete with Scooby Snack) by Howard Porter, and the mystery hunter Fred Jones from artist Neal Adams.

No Caption Provided

And now, Dan Panosian delivers the dynamic-duo of Shaggy and Scooby, we see an eerie look at super-sleuth Daphne from Joelle Jones, and Ben Caldwell gives us the coolest techy girl around, Velma (complete with her own drone!)

Future Quest will feature stories by Jeff Parker (Batman '66, Justice League United) with art by Evan "Doc" Shaner (Justice League: Darkseid War:Green Lantern), and Scooby Apocalypse comes from co-writers Keith Giffen (Sugar & Spike, Legends of Tomorrow anthology) and JM DeMatteis. These tales will both thrill and chill the readers!

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Staff
#1 Posted by ScrappyDont27 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

That Daphne cover is the jam!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Future Quest is so cool

#3 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I'm subbing to BOTH those books! Buying all the variants, too!

#4 Posted by fables87 (1769 posts) - - Show Bio

The Scooby-Doo one still looks meh to me, but Future Quest looks awesome.

#5 Posted by NickInACage (79 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda hate what they´re doing with Scooby, but... Shaggy turning from a hippie into a hipster is kinda natural... I will give it a shot and hope it´s not as generic as the covers make it look

#6 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

Good lord, those Future Quest covers are stellar! So looking forward to this book.

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (18670 posts) - - Show Bio

Both books look so promising.

#8 Posted by NightFang3 (12362 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, I'm subbing to BOTH those books! Buying all the variants, too!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#9 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

*Heart Pounding*

#10 Posted by NukeA6 (914 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized how much I miss Herculoids after seeing that cover.

#11 Posted by Zelos797 (1721 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

#12 Posted by PeterParkerJr (6767 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely gonna cop Future Quest. Looks like it's gonna be a great read.

#13 Posted by i_eat_bogers (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I admit for a long time the only reason you knew who Space Ghost, Harvey Birdman, and Sealab were was because of [adult swims] comedic psedu-parody revival. lol up until the only hanah Barbara shows I knew were Scooby Doo, Tom and jerry, , Flinstones, Johnny Quest, Jetsons, yogi bear, and the Smurfs

#14 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Im liking the way that scooby series looks.

#15 Edited by MonThackma (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I was skeptical of Scoob when announced but I am warming up to it. I especially like hipster Shaggy, technophile Velma and the strange holographic emoticons floating around Scoob. Pretty creative. I will give it a shot. Really like the Velma cover with the drone.

Future Quest is no-brainer.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, the intro to the Real Adventures of Jonny Quest is still legit one of the best animated intros of all time:

Loading Video...

#17 Posted by TheWhiteCrown (236 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind Shaggy acting like a hipster. That being said, he needs to lost the haircut, shave down the beard, lose the plugs and the tattoo.