Vampires or Werewolves, Who’s Cooler?

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Vampires or Werewolves, Who’s Cooler? (48 votes)

Vampires 46%
Werewolves 54%

Which is the Cooler Supernatural Creature?

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends on the WW, the ones who turn into Wolves are lame IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2da11a5ead7
deactivated-5b2da11a5ead7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Werewolves are cooler but I would much rather be a vampire

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if it's this werewolf then werewolves by FAR

No Caption Provided

if its this werewolf

No Caption Provided

but werewolves nowdays are lame.

they look lame, they are easily killed and they are second fiddle majority of the time.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Werewolves are cooler.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Batvibe12

Vampires.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Vampire lore is so much better...

Even with the crappy Twilight movies, vampire lore still continues to be top notch stuff. Look at what Netflix is doing with Castlevania. Vampires can have all sorts of cool powers; hypnotism, weather, TK, fire blasts, etc.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jonez_

@mickey-mouse said:

Look at what Netflix is doing with Castlevania.

don’t remind me please ;-;

can‘t believe it got pushed back

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m gonna have to go with vampires in a close one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
deactivated-5c830d4e319e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires especially the elder ones.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires for me, they have really good physical stats and usually end up being well-versed in the magical arts. Not to mention their impeccable sense of style and cool mansions/castles.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Previously I would have voted vampires,but after watching teen wolf my vote goes to werewolves.

DarkRide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW IMO. Less vain. As an aside, I think of the Hulk as a kind of Atomic Age werewolf and that's a lot of what I like about him.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By jumpstart55

Stalemate?

Loading Video...

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires. I especially like how older vampires usually carry themselves in a regal manner, and how their diet and longevity have given them an entire different view on humanity. The best example I've seen of this recently is the Mikaelson family on The Originals.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires.

Malzahaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55 said:

Stalemate?

Loading Video...

best representation of werewolves to date.

I'm actually disgusted at any interpretation of werewolves anywhere (TVD, Bitten, Hemlock Glove, Teen Wolf), especially True Blood.

Vampires are just way more popular so werewolves are trash.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jumpstart55

@thor321: I agree WolfWolfs get horribly represented by romance fiction and teen dramas. Have you seen the Underworld films? They looked as good if not better then the Werewolfs from Van Helsing. Also, seeing the giant Wolf dogs they had in Twilight hurt my soul as a giant Werewolf fan. I would have no problem if they simply referred to them by another name, but to call those giant puppies Werewolfs? Blasphemous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: in Twilight, they are actually shapeshifters, at least in the book.

I get it, it takes budged to make them cool like in Underworld and Van Helsing but even their stats suck.

they are so easily killed.

just give them one thing that can hurt and kill them (silver) and make them immortal because I wanna see some Original werewolves, baby.

Vampires get all Superman abilities LOL.

there will never be werewolves like in Van Helsing and Underworld.

instead, we will have puppies because audience cannot take something huge, scary and powerful.

they must be cute so that people can get a boner for some hot guy and hot chick.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jumpstart55

@thor321 said:

@jumpstart55: in Twilight, they are actually shapeshifters, at least in the book.

I get it, it takes budged to make them cool like in Underworld and Van Helsing but even their stats suck.

they are so easily killed.

just give them one thing that can hurt and kill them (silver) and make them immortal because I wanna see some Original werewolves, baby.

Vampires get all Superman abilities LOL.

Well be fair, Werwolf's are killed so easily due to the mindless nature of the transformation plus the kryptonite like weakness, its very easy kill something thats simply mindless especially if you got the tech to do so. But in terms physicals like speed and strength Werwolfs have alwyas been superior to Vampires from what ive seen. The only thing vampires have over Werwolfs generally is their mind and common sense. But other then that Werewolfs usually stomp vampires unless the Vampire is Uber powerful like Dracula or Victor/Marcus from Underwolrd.

And lets not forget Vampires have the cheesiest weakness of all time...Garlic, Sun Light and Wooden stakes..lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55: yeah, true but their healing factor sucks.

Bitten - a gun shot can kill you

True Blood - gun shot as well

TVD - a little bit of trauma will kill you

Teen Wolf - some wounds needs hours to heal

IMO, if I was writing, only silver would be able to kill them or hurt them.

TV series suck and I just laugh at them.

those weaknesses of Vampires don't even exist much at all.

only stakes and Sun (even Sun doesn't kill them sometimes).

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although they tend to get the short end of the stick in terms of powers these days I still side with werewolves. I love the duality of the human mind and morals conflicting with the wolf's bestial nature. It also feels a lot more like a curse when written correctly. Werewolves usually don't enjoy the hunt once they revert to human form, and that creates some very tortured and interesting characters in my opinion. Meanwhile a lot of sympathetic vampires just come off as whiny. "Oh no, I'm an immortal and eternally beautiful superhuman who can't go outside during the day! Woe is me!"

Then, of course, there are those who have found themselves relishing the hunt and no longer seek to cage themselves when the change comes.

For me the mark of a well thought out Urban Fantasy setting tends to be the balance between vampires and werewolves. Ideally werewolves in their wolf form should be much stronger and faster than a vampire, while the vampire compensates with things like hypnosis and thralls to give them more versatility in how they hunt humans while obviously being superior to the werewolf's human form.

True Blood has been mentioned already, but it is easily the worst offender when it comes to making their werewolves terrible. Not only do they have some of the most powerful TV vampires out there but their werewolves are by far the weakest I've ever seen in any medium. It was a joke, and the show's attempts to make them seem intimidating just fell flat. Even Twilight struck a better balance between the two than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: I remember that scene in True Blood where a baby (recently turned) female Vampire was injured and a Werewolf chased her to finish her off.

a few minutes later, the Vampire chick no diff him and he was crying and begging her not to kill him.

I died out of laughing.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Supermanforever

Vampires. Dracula solos.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321:

Yah, that was ridiculous. Another moment was Bill, a vampire barely a century in age (in a setting where you don't get especially strong until 1,000 years) taking out a whole pack of 50 werewolves and was only a little bloodied after.

Doesn't help that every vampire was basically Quicksilver with superhuman strength and the werewolves just turned into... Normal, every day wolves.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jumpstart55

@thor321 said:

@jumpstart55: yeah, true but their healing factor sucks.

Bitten - a gun shot can kill you

True Blood - Gun shot as well

TVD - a little bit of trauma will kill you

Teen Wolf - some wounds needs hours to heal

IMO, if I was writing, only silver would be able to kill them or hurt them.

TV series suck and I just laugh at them.

those weaknesses of Vampires don't even exist much at all.

only stakes and Sun (even Sun doesn't kill them sometimes).

Yea but those are goofy tv series. Werewolf according to the centruys long established lore are very hard to kill unless you have Silver, wounds from ordinary bullets, knifes wound all heal rabidly. Thats what made those old Werewolf story's so enticing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metaljimmor: yeah, ridiculous.

and were feeding of Vampire blood to be superhuman.

not to mention they even took one to be a literally puppy for them.

I know she was a child but that was a bastardization of Werewolves.

holy shit, that series was so bad.

I best stop talking about it before I say something I will regret.

I already accepted that Werewolves are the bi*** nowdays.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d
deactivated-5d26a3a3d293d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the time, I’d say Vampires.

Avatar image for peculiarlilliputian
peculiarlilliputian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Werewolves are cooler lore-wise, but vampires are cooler in modern execution. Though, werewolves still have yet to sparkle.

I voted werewolves though just because the old legends and stuff were way cooler.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well be fair, Werwolf's are killed so easily due to the mindless nature of the transformation, its very easy kill something thats simply mindless especially if you got the tech to do so. But in terms physicals like speed and strength Werwolfs have alwyas been superior to Vampires from what ive seen. The only thing vampires have over Werwolfs generally is their mind and sense. But other then that Werewolfs usually stomp vampires unless the Vampire is Uber powerful like Dracula or Victor/Marcus from Underwolrd.

And lets not forget Vampires have the cheesiest weakness of all time...Garlic, Sun Light and Wooden stakes..lol

I'd argue werewolves don't necessarily have to be mindless. Neither humans nor wolves are unintelligent so it doesn't make a great deal of sense than the werewolf wouldn't be able to stop and think when presented with something harmful to it.

In mythology it's pretty rare for a werewolf to truly be mindless. I remember an old Irish myth of a tribe of people who were changed into wolves by Saint Peter as a punishment, but the wolves were still able to speak and carry on like normal folk. In a poem from the 12th century the werewolf changed to wolf form at night willingly until he skin was stolen by his wife, and his attack against her was deemed justified by the court so he wasn't punished.

In Greek myth it was a punishment for cannibalism, but the victim was turned into a wolf and were usually expected to have the self control to refrain from killing any humans during their transformation and would be turned back after a number of years if they succeeded.

Most of the Western and Eastern werewolves willingly changed shape and usually had a similar disposition to a normal wolf when changed. Especially in the east where they were thought to mostly go after livestock rather than go on killing sprees against humans. And of course there was Thiess of Kaltenbrun who, when on trial, said that he and his fellow werewolves transformed every night to enter Hell and do battle with the Devil and witches as the Hounds of God.

The biggest example of a mindless werewolf is probably the Úlfhéðnar of the Norse sagas, but those were men who willingly transformed into wolf-men as a part of their warrior culture and in service to Odin.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jumpstart55

@metaljimmor: Impressive knowledge. But when i said mindless i didn't mean dumb or unintelligent. i meant, mindless in the sense that an Animal reacts based on Animalistic desires, overwhelming emotions and appetites as opposed to collecting their thoughts and going with the most logical and rash series of outcomes. Werewolfs by their definition are supposed to be like a hybrid of man and beast, The appetites of a man wouldn't cease turning into a Werwolf they would increase ten fold. Vampires are usually depicted as being more rash and levelheaded.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

I've always been drawn more to vampires. Especially Anne Rice ones.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55:

I'd argue most vampires aren't much more rational. A lot of them are overwhelmed with the Thirst or have grown decadent and whimsical in their old age, reacting more on impulse than logic. Selfishness, hedonism, and sadism are all traits that are very common in vampires in pop culture.

In a way vampires and werewolves both represent emotion. Werewolves tend to lean toward the baser instincts like hunting, eating, and mating. Our animal urges. While vampires are decadent and hedonistic with a love for the finer things in life. Good food (blood), fine dress, displays of wealth, sex, etc. Our modern materialist desires that we don't act on. Both operate more on emotion than logic outside a few cases.

My point was that most legends don't have werewolves as men who develop the mind of a wolf. More that they turn into wolves with the mind of a man and hunger of a wolf. Which, in my opinion, is the far more frightening depiction. A large and powerful predator that not only wants your flesh but also has the mental capacity to figure out a way to get it. A combination of the most deadly attributes of the two species.

To me the ideal werewolf is a predator, not a killing machine. Something that stalks it's prey, waits for an opening, then strikes. A creature capable of learning your mannerisms and that follows you home so it can eat your family too. It's still driven by bestial hunger. Remorseless and persistent. But it's cunning too. It won't easily fall into traps, and if it smells silver on you it knows to keep it's distance until your guard is down.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55:

I'd argue most vampires aren't much more rational. A lot of them are overwhelmed with the Thirst or have grown decadent and whimsical in their old age, reacting more on impulse than logic. Selfishness, hedonism, and sadism are all traits that are very common in vampires in pop culture.

• You make great points all valid. The point i was getting is that Werewolf's are much more viscous and monstrous. they are literally like the embodiment of forceful desire and blinding rage. Awe inspiring forces of nature. Whereas Vampire are more finely dressed, fine wine sipping folks. Who are equally debaucherous arent quite as monstrous. Dracula is terrifying but he dosent invoke quite the same terror that a 7 foot 600 pound beaslty wolf like creature chassing you through the woods. Different types of fear. Perhaps you could reason with Dracula, but reasoning with a Werewolf seems like less of an option.

In a way vampires and werewolves both represent emotion. Werewolves tend to lean toward the baser instincts like hunting, eating, and mating. Our animal urges. While vampires are decadent and hedonistic with a love for the finer things in life. Good food (blood), fine dress, displays of wealth, sex, etc. Our modern materialist desires that we don't act on. Both operate more on emotion than logic outside a few cases.

Excellent points.

My point was that most legends don't have werewolves as men who develop the mind of a wolf. More that they turn into wolves with the mind of a man and hunger of a wolf. Which, in my opinion, is the far more frightening depiction. A large and powerful predator that not only wants your flesh but also has the mental capacity to figure out a way to get it. A combination of the most deadly attributes of the two species.

Which like i said would make them more monstrous. What truly separates man from beast? Its our ability to exercise restraint in regards to our desires and hungers in favor of more logical options. Most animals cant do that, thats why a lot of them become really fat when domesticated. You increase a persons strength and speed ten fold then increase their appetite and desrie to match that of a Wolf? You've created a monster. And yea Vampires have a bloodlust, but its nothing like how Werewolfs are portrayed in fiction and mythology.

To me the ideal werewolf is a predator, not a killing machine. S

something that stalks it's prey, waits for an opening, then strikes. A creature capable of learning your mannerisms and that follows you home so it can eat your family too. It's still driven by bestial hunger. Remorseless and persistent. But it's cunning too. It won't easily fall into traps, and if it smells silver on you it knows to keep it's distance until your guard is down.

The increased desire makes the line between those words blury. I mean a Tiger is more complex then being a simple killing machine, but if you break it down its pretty much a killing Machine.

Super_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampire.

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55:

I'd argue tigers are much less killing machines than say, a great white shark. The tiger is able to form social bonds and are smart enough to use stealth and ambush tactics, where as a great white's main strategy is to rip off a chunk of it's prey and wait for it to bleed out. Though even the shark's strategy requires a level of patience and understanding that it's better to wait than needlessly put itself at risk.

What I think of when something is described as mindless or a killing machine is more like an animal inflicted with rabies. It no longer cares about self preservation or feeding. It only attacks blindly. There is no predator on Earth that I can think of that forsakes it's own self preservation just to kill.

Different types of fear. Perhaps you could reason with Dracula, but reasoning with a Werewolf seems like less of an option.

That is true. The werewolf isn't going to listen to your pleas and it's likely not going to sadistically torment you to satisfy it's own ego. That isn't the part of the human psyche they represent. But if one was stalking you and you happened to have a silver chainsaw I'd expect the werewolf to recognize the threat that weapon poses to it and wait for a more opportune time. Or perhaps find a different victim. Or even set a trap.

The cunning of a man but the heart of a wolf. Driven by an insatiable hunger and smart enough to know how to hunt it's prey.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor321: Van Helsing Werewolf Was A ****ing Boss!!!!

Gokluma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Gokluma

Werewolves since i like idea of human turning into their inner animal but sadly Vampires got cool guys like Dio Brando,Flandre Scarlet,Alucard,demitri and others could kill the majority of the wolves.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jumpstart55:

I'd argue tigers are much less killing machines than say, a great white shark. The tiger is able to form social bonds and are smart enough to use stealth and ambush tactics, where as a great white's main strategy is to rip off a chunk of it's prey and wait for it to bleed out. Though even the shark's strategy requires a level of patience and understanding that it's better to wait than needlessly put itself at risk.

What I think of when something is described as mindless or a killing machine is more like an animal inflicted with rabies. It no longer cares about self preservation or feeding. It only attacks blindly. There is no predator on Earth that I can think of that forsakes it's own self preservation just to kill.

I mean yea true..But a Tigers whole life is based around killing things efficiently , the same applies for all Predatory animals. There bodies are literally designed by nature to kill. I think your confusing Mindless killing Machine with a regular Killing Machine. A mindless Killing machine would be like what you described.

Different types of fear. Perhaps you could reason with Dracula, but reasoning with a Werewolf seems like less of an option.

That is true. The werewolf isn't going to listen to your pleas and it's likely not going to sadistically torment you to satisfy it's own ego. That isn't the part of the human psyche they represent. But if one was stalking you and you happened to have a silver chainsaw I'd expect the werewolf to recognize the threat that weapon poses to it and wait for a more opportune time. Or perhaps find a different victim. Or even set a trap.

The cunning of a man but the heart of a wolf. Driven by an insatiable hunger and smart enough to know how to hunt it's prey.

Agreed.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vampires. Cooler designs and abilities.

Bio Guyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Werewolves, but the darkseekers from the I Am Legend book are cool.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I prefer werewolves but I'm biased.

Also, vampires can have some stupid weaknesses depending on the lore.

NickFlix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NickFlix

I like werewolves more

Also, first post :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a
deactivated-5ed476aa4e89a

Forum Posts