Unpopular Star Wars Opinions: what are yours?

• 78 results
SufferedToker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last Jedi is one of the greatest SW movies ever made

Prequel Era training is grossly overrated and consist mostly indoctrination. Saying one character wins because they were trained during the era reeks of that EU power scaling BS

Kylo Ren is a top tier SW character

Luke be it canon or legends is the greatest SW character of all time

TCW and all of the content surrounding the era from the last 15 years has tricked fans into liking the PT

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and Qui-Gon couldn’t have saved Anakin from the darkness

Anakin was just a bad seed

eslay03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

But first you must hear my popular opinion: Finn wasn't only a wasted character but a wasted plot potential, which could give us a better insight as to the psyche of a Stormtrooper humanising them and one of them being able to take on the sith lord, it was also dumb not focusing on a stormtrooper being able to use the force which is f*cking stupid. what was the point of the Finn vs Kylo fight, why reduce him to a simp boi for Ren to be cucked by the guy who was about to kill him?

OT:

The Mandalorian a total waste, because disney was a mistake. Could care less about baby Yoda, yeah cute fanservice.

The Phantom Menace is the best star war movie for its explanation of the force.

General Grievous is a better villain than Dooku.

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revenge of the Sith is by far the best star wars movie in the franchise and The Force Awakens is the only good Sequel movie and The rest of the sequel movies should be shat on and beaten like a dead horse its shit and Vader is the most powerful sith lord of all time and General Grievous is the best duelist in the saga how do you become moderator on comicvine?

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By byondeon

The Star Wars sequels are great movies.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

:>

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By byondeon

@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:

It's objectively true they are great movies.. Many people are just too dumb to get it : D

The people who hate the movies are your typical reactionaries

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy:

I totally agree. TPM Maul is a badass, TCW Maul is just a talkative, irritating and useless character.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey  Online
  1. I enjoy A New Hope more than Empire.
  2. The Force Awakens was a great start to the new trilogy. I didn't care about the similarities to A New Hope.
  3. Return of The Jedi is awful.
  4. Revenge of The Sith is also awful.
  5. Star Wars overall is pretty underwhelming to me. There are only 3 good movies in the entire series.
  6. Kylo Ren in TFA was a fantastic villain.
  7. Rogue One is so bland.
KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By KillBilly

@byondeon said:
@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:

It's objectively true they are great movies.. Many people are just too dumb to get it : D

It's objective true they're bad movies from a storytelling perspective:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

If you're talking about how they look, then yes, I'd agree they're objectively good using that metric.

Unfotunately, how something looks is honestly the least important part to me.

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By byondeon

@killbilly: Story wise, character development, effects, cinematography and etc are all objectively great.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By buttersdaman000
  1. The OT is overrated
  2. RotS is legitimately the best movie in the series
  3. Clone wars TV series is better than most the movies anyways
  4. TFA is the worst movie in the series i've seen by far (haven't watched the last 2)
  5. Rogue One was mediocre
  6. There's not a single good new addition or character in the ST, and all the returning characters were done dirty
KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By KillBilly

@byondeon said:

@killbilly: Story wise, character development, effects, cinematography and etc are all objectively great.

The videos I linked disprove such claims. Watch them.

Supermod111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

byondeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@byondeon said:

I have, and no, they are not correct. Objectively speaking, they are great movies.

Opinions and facts are 2 different things

minorincon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Darth Vader has never been a good villain in live action outside of Rogue One.

2. Rey is my favorite jedi throughout the films. Ashoka throughout the entire media.

3. The only satisfying Deaths in the entire franchise were during Rogue One.

4. Rogue One is the best star wars film.

5. The Sequels will always be better than the garbage Prequels whether you admit it or not.

6. Last Jedi deserves to be stricken from the record.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By reactor

@byondeon said:
@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:

@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:
@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:

It's objective true they're bad movies from a storytelling perspective:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

If you're talking about how they look, then yes, I'd agree they're objectively good using that metric.

Unfotunately, how something looks is honestly the least important part to me.

@byondeon said:

@byondeon said:
@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:

I have, and no, they are not correct. Objectively speaking, they are great movies.

Sorry/not-sorry to be "that guy", but the bolded stuff is inherently contradictory. Opinions are, by their very nature, subjective; ie, you can't have any form of art that is objectively anything except a piece of art. Whether it is good or bad is dependent on one's taste, which means that it is entirely based upon opinion of the subject (which means you as a person) and thus is fundamentally subjective, not objective.

Example;

The statement "the Star Wars Sequels are films" is objective

The statement "the Star Wars Sequels are good/bad films" is subjective

Azureus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue One is the best Star Wars film

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By KillBilly
@byondeon said:
@killbilly said:
@byondeon said:

What exactly do you find "incorrect" about those videos? They go into detail on how the actual narrative choices don't follow the logic that the movie itself establishes. They failed to even be internally consistent. That makes you're claim wrong. Also, you've put forward nothing to support your claim that the movies are "objectively good." I'd be interested in hearing your reasoning for such a position.

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Sorry/not-sorry to be "that guy", but the bolded stuff is inherently contradictory. Opinions are, by their very nature, subjective; ie, you can't have any form of art that is objectively anything except a piece of art. Whether it is good or bad is dependent on one's taste, which means that it is entirely based upon opinion of the subject (which means you as a person) and thus is fundamentally subjective, not objective.

Example;

I never made a statement on whether they were objectively good or bad. Only that they are objectively bad from a storytelling perspective insofar as they break their own established rules.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader is a bad character.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reactor said:

Example;

I never made a statement on whether they were objectively good or bad. Only that they are objectively bad from a storytelling perspective insofar as they break their own established rules.

That the Star Wars Sequels break their own (and their predecessors') established rules, or contradict their own continuity, is something objective. Whether or not that is a good or bad thing is subjective. Just because something is self-contradictory doesn't inherently make it good or bad; some genres (satire, for example) do this deliberately for comedic effect, others might simply play continuity very loosely (like with SpongeBob or Looney Tunes).

For the record, opinion wise, I do actually fully agree with you. IMO, the Sequels are a flaming train-wreck I think the world would have been better off without

KillBilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By KillBilly

@reactor said:
@killbilly said:
@reactor said:

Example;

That the Star Wars Sequels break their own (and their predecessors') established rules, or contradict their own continuity, is something objective. Whether or not that is a good or bad thing is subjective. Just because something is self-contradictory doesn't inherently make it good or bad; some genres (satire, for example) do this deliberately for comedic effect, others might simply play continuity very loosely (like with SpongeBob or Looney Tunes).

For the record, opinion wise, I do actually fully agree with you. IMO, the Sequels are a flaming train-wreck I think the world would have been better off without

That's true but I think we can make the distinction when what's shown on screen runs counter to the creator's stated intent tbh. I guess it depends on your stance regarding the "Death of the Author" trope.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Darth Maul should never have been brought back
  • Savage Opress is the Rey no one complained about
  • The new TCW episodes are mediocre at best
  • The Maul vs Ahsoka duel was poorly choreographed
  • Padawan, teenage Ahsoka shouldn't already be on par with General Grievous, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Asajj Ventress & Darth Maul and vastly overshadow Anakin in talent
Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Void_Reborn
  • Luke Skywalker, conceptualised, is fascinating yet incredibly uninteresting.
  • This franchise is riddled with annoying inconsistencies and a lot of ridiculous plot armor that people ignore.
  • Star Wars has been unable to show me something unique and breathtaking recently.
  • The Mandalorian is great but it's not a masterpiece, people are just sick of the Sequels.
  • Don't know if this is unpopular or not but the Sequel Trilogy is utter garbage.
  • Some combat elements don't make sense but I just go with it anyway.
  • The first half of ROTJ is horrible.
  • The Death Star 2 is more boring and unoriginal than Starkiller Base but is a better plot device.
  • The CIS Droid Army is not handled like it should be, especially in canon.
  • Stormtrooper armor is unintimidating because it looks like plastic. Still iconic though.
  • KOTOR is overrated.
  • Too much content is being made for the post Galactic Empire formation era and it is getting tiresome.
  • TCW as a whole is overrated and full of filler/unnecessary plotlines. Only some of it is worth the praise.
  • Marvel Comics are better than Dark Horse Comics.
  • The Old Republic is the best era.
  • Jedi Fallen Order sucks.
  • The franchise is currently being run and managed by a lot of people who A. Don't know what they're doing, B. Use agendas to cover up for terrible writing, C. Are not true to the franchise and D. Suck at worldbuilding/lore.
  • The more esoteric and mystical aspect of the force should not be abandoned and should be explored further.
Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Void_Reborn

@erkanbeater said:

Revenge of the Sith is by far the best star wars movie in the franchise and The Force Awakens is the only good Sequel movie and The rest of the sequel movies should be shat on and beaten like a dead horse its shit and Vader is the most powerful sith lord of all time and General Grievous is the best duelist in the saga how do you become moderator on comicvine?

I like these opinions. Vader is awesome and my inner fanboy screams that he should be OP but sadly people like Palpatine exist. No issue with Mr Senate, just that Vader is the ultimate villain.

And, as for Grievous. SW choreographers just love having him strike the enemy's one blade with all 4 at once don't they. Sometimes he even hits it with one and the other 3 blades are just in the air doing nothing mid blade lock. Like, bruh, he's literally a cyborg. What is stopping him from just using the rest to strike different parts of the body, perhaps even simultaneously?

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also dislike how Matthew Stover and the subsequent EU defined Mace Windu's fighting style. Vaapad, which channels dark side emotions, or Juyo, a sharp, chaotic, physically demanding and unorthodox form. And thanks to YouTube, Vaapad is forever his staple. The EU should have gone with how his style was described by those involved in film production. Straightforward, expending as little energy as possible, quick and lethal.

indominus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 indominus  Online

grievous is the best pure lightsaber duelist in all SW

his lack of force-sensitivity makes him look weak but remove all force-users of their force and see how effective they can really be with a lightsaber

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By El_mago

rots and ESB are the best movies

the clone wars have been the best star wars i have seen on a long time

the sequels needed better execution and directing only thing good of it was TFA

kotor era characters are overrated

ancient sith lords are not that strong

the mandalorian if it continues to be directed good can become better than most tv shows today

vader is not trash

sw is not dead its actually more alive and fruitable,unlike many other sci fi franchises out there.

canon is not bullshit

the fact that many people use lucas s words are some type of god except when its referring to certain aspects of the lore ruins debates

solo is underrated

rogue one is not the best example of a sw movie

merchandise of the franchise was not that neccesary.

Erkanbeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@el_mago said:

rots and ESB are the best movies

the clone wars have been the best star wars i have seen on a long time

the sequels needed better execution and directing only thing good of it was TFA

kotor era characters are overrated

ancient sith lords are not that strong

the mandalorian if it continues to be directed good can become better than most tv shows today

vader is not trash

sw is not dead its actually more alive and fruitable,unlike many other sci fi franchises out there.

canon is not bullshit

the fact that many people use lucas s words are some type of god except when its referring to certain aspects of the lore ruins debates

solo is underrated

rogue one is not the best example of a sw movie

merchandise of the franchise was not that neccesary.

I agree with everything here

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should have moved the story forward and explored the republic being in charge instead of rehashing the exact same story beats from the first trilogy. They also should have kept finn and rey together instead of pointlessly separating them. They should not have ruined the main hero, luke, by turning him into a hermit.

Nervedamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: Yeah that killed it for me, it was such a change in character especially in rebels he went completely downhill and became lame and childish to me. TPM Maul was the real Maul that everyone loved, robot leg maul pretty much shat on his character in where he was build up to be.