UNPOPULAR OPINION: Iron Man and shouldn't die in Avengers 4. Here's why.

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

Edited By solar_nerd
No Caption Provided

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR

Okay, so there's a nasty rumor floating around that Iron Man will die in Avengers 4. I don't think that should happen for several reasons.

1. He's too important.

Iron Man is one of the most important heroes in comics. His death would hurt the universe, and give no young heroes to look up to, speaking of which...

2. The youngsters need a mentor.

Spider-Man needs a mentor when he comes back to life. Heroes like Kamala Khan and Nova will when they join the universe. Iron Man should be in the MCU from beginning to end.

3. He's never died in the comics.

Infinity War killed plenty of characters who never died in the comics, but those characters (especially Spider-Man) aren't likely to stay dead. It would hurt fans too much if he died in a movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74
deactivated-5e3b7f04aeb74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Those reasons aren't valid or good enough. It actually makes sense that he and/or Cap will die in the next one. Tony and Steve never talked or saw each other in Infinity War. Their relationship is still strained and unresolved. They'll make up to fight or defeat Thanos at the end and die...

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Survivors guilt is overplayed, and RDJ is aging out of the role soon.

Tomkatie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I could see him retiring and moving out of the country, while still funding the Avengers.

It’d be a nice “torch passing” moment, and he could still be a recognized part of the MCU while being explainably out of the movies

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Actually he should die so the MCU can find a personality that isn't his.

Also I believe there was a storyline in the awful 90'ties where Tony had actually died and somehow came back as a teenager.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
deactivated-5bf470b432518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@tomkatie said:

I could see him retiring and moving out of the country, while still funding the Avengers.

It’d be a nice “torch passing” moment, and he could still be a recognized part of the MCU while being explainably out of the movies

Green_Tea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol "one of the most important in the comics", he was a B-List character for a long time until his movie was out. Also Spider-Man is a pretty bad example since he technically died twice (The Other, ASM #700)