Unnecissary pages

#1 Edited by Ryonslaught (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, Ive been going through quite a few pages here at the vine and fixing and udating and its come to my knowledge of pages that should not exist....

example:

We have a Storm page
BUT 
also the alternate mutant x version of storm has her own page;  Bloodstorm 
I would move all the info over but need a mod to delete it when im done.

The same problem exists for Angel and  The Fallen 
and cerebro (the object) and mutant-x's  Cerebro
and Beast and  The Brute 

Also the batman page here is mostly about bruce wayne but also mixed in is the general info on his titles, the page (in my opinion) is a bit confusing after Batman dies and the page goes straight into battle for the cowl. shouldn't all that be on the story-arc page for "Battle for the cowl" with a redirect from the main batman page? And the same for the dick grayson as batman stuff a redirect to his page?

The Robin general page also has too much detail on each person who has assumed the identity, they all have individual pages so shouldn't those pages just have common themes training etc on them with a redirect to the individual pages?

I'm not the smartest guy here but those are my thoughts. Mods feel free to help me out here. Thanks in advance

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#2 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman page is a major problem in my opinion. I don't think that everyone understands that it is not a mantle page, such as Robin or Batgirl. That is basically Bruce Wayne's page. Since he has been absent and Dick took over the cowl, Batman is still getting credited for issues while it is really Dick in the issue (also being credited). When Bruce comes back, this is going to misrepresent his appearances big time.

#3 Posted by inferiorego (25738 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Batman is now a mantle page, for now. We'd make a Bruce page, but we all know he's coming back. It's the same thing as when Jean Paul Valley took over as Bats.
Staff
#4 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: Like you say, it's a mantle page for now. But when he returns, it won't be anymore. Then the appearances will be wrong.
#5 Posted by inferiorego (25738 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart said:
" @inferiorego: Like you say, it's a mantle page for now. But when he returns, it won't be anymore. Then the appearances will be wrong. "
The appearances won't be wrong since it is Batman in the issue. I think I'll check the page out though to see what you're talking about though
Staff
#6 Edited by inferiorego (25738 posts) - - Show Bio
@jloneblackheart: Ohhh I see one problem, people are double dipping putting Batman AND Dick in each issue... ugh
Staff
#7 Posted by MajinBlackheart (9887 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: that's what I'm talking about. It's a messy situation right now. I think it would not be a solution to make Batman a mantle page and make a Bruce Wayne page, since we all know that unlike other mantles, Bruce IS Batman. I had heard when I brought this up before with other mods, that for some reason Batman needed to be credited to these current issues. 

I just predict a future problem with this, that's all. I think the simple solution is not crediting Batman to issues that Bruce is not under the mask. Naturally, there could be a Batman section on Dick's page and a section on the Batman page describing Bruce's disappearance and what happened in his absence.
#8 Posted by inferiorego (25738 posts) - - Show Bio

There has been talk between the mods and staff before of just making a "mantle" section. So, you'd add Bruce to the issue, but you'd also add the mantle of "Batman." However, I think it got shot down since the coding for it would be way too messy.

Staff
#9 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

or...when we get that checkbox system for character crediting (someday!!!!) then there could be a "wearing the mantle of..." checkbox where you could type in the mantle...for example...Dick Grayson "wearing the mantle of..." Batman

#10 Posted by inferiorego (25738 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: i beat you to the punch
Staff
#11 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego: well except your method requires more effort...making a checkbox system requires 0 effort...just 5 minutes of time...it would just mean characters have the same style checkboxes as creators just with different options, it can't be hard to do that at all
#12 Posted by Ryonslaught (1638 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek the lost: 
@inferiorego:  
@jloneblackheart:

messy is a gross understatement for what the batman page will be when bruce returns, but i understand the technicalities behind it right now....